Good experience of ED Visa extension in Jomtien

I went this morning to Immigration in Jomtien to extend my 13 year old sons ED Visa, such a nice experience , waiting time 15 minutes and they were so polite and very nice to us, processing time another 15 minutes , and he got the passport in his hand right away, we paid 1900 Bath for one year extension for him.

This is the way it supposed to be .... Many thanks...

• Like 1

The purpose of this posting was to give some positive feedback to the people we are depending on in this country, unfortunatley there are so much BS and negative comments in this forum,so I thought it would fit in with a positive posting for once...

• Like 1

The rule that children under 15 do not need a visa is no longer valid? Last year, a friend of mine stayed here for one year with 2 children (10 and 11 yo) and no visa was needed for them.

There is no rule that says they don't need a visa or an extension. They just don't pay overstay fines if under the age of 15. They still get overstay stamps.

Happy, it went OK for your 13 yo son, but he has different regulations, so the TITLE of this thread should have been different and then I would not have read it and not have replied.

ED Visa Jomtiem, everybody think about ADULT ED-Visa.

Adult ED-Visa get 3 months if lucky, >>>>>> see many other recent threads.

i have always found Jomtien to be very good and efficient

I spent most of the day there recently. (4th)...... told to come back in the afternoon as they were full already for the service I wanted. (Re-entry). Returned at the requested time to find a large queue snaking around to have paperwork checked and to be issued a queue ticket.

Nearly 3 hours later I left with said permit.

Everyone was busy and it was efficiently organised, although the piles of passports being moved from desk to desk looked less so.

They were somewhat overwhelmed by numbers.

I did notice they helped an old guy out and he didn't have to wait which was nice.

So, get there early if you can to get the ticket.

90 Day reporting was done in minutes.

Edited by jacko45k

Happy, it went OK for your 13 yo son, but he has different regulations, so the TITLE of this thread should have been different and then I would not have read it and not have replied.

ED Visa Jomtiem, everybody think about ADULT ED-Visa.

Adult ED-Visa get 3 months if lucky, >>>>>> see many other recent threads.

You don't get it, its was PURPOSELY left ambiguous to have a a nice reassuring title to show off for immgration that Thai visa is not just ungrateful moaning Farangs