Chonburi Immigration Office, 08:20am, Thurs 5th Feb ...

keep away from the expat masses, and the offices are a lot quieter.

Si Racha is a lot easier than Jomtein. as an example

For some years I renewed my visa at Siracha Immigration despite living in Sattahip,Cholburi. Mainly because they were more polite to my wife than in Pattaya Immigration as it was then. After a new boss arrived in Siracha he informed me that in future I had to do business in Pattaya Immigration. Despite this I used Rayong Immigration until a repeat refusal, pointing out that I lived in Cholburi. Since using Jomtien (Cholburi) Immigration I have been pleasantly surprised with their courtesy and efficiency under the pressure.90 days takes about ten minutes and my retirement visa after submitting the documents and being told to come back after lunch, another five minutes. Very impressed. coffee1.gif

I don't know if I struck a nerve with my request for clarification. I have lived in Bangkok for a long time. I am in the process of relocating to Chonburi City. As a result, I asked for clarification ... I would avoid Jomtien like the plague if given the choice ... Thanks for the clarification ... =)

If you live in Chonburi city, the Immigration to report to is Si Ratcha.

I lived in Chonburi a few years ago & the Immigration at Si Ratcha is a piece of cake.

Hope that helps.

So, if you live in Pattaya, your local immigration office is officially called the "Chonburi Immigration Office"!

But if you live in Chonburi City, your local immigration office is officially called the "Sri Racha Immigration Office"!

TIT craziness at its finest if you ask me!!

Edited by OJAS

When I was at Jomtien Immigration last week I noticed that occasionally, between them changing queue numbers at the extensions desk, a young Thai lady representative with a 'Brittania Visa' polo shirt, would take an

applicant up to the desk (surely not jumping the queue?). My wife recognised one couple who she had seen in the initial queue at Information well behind us. I also noticed that sometimes they quickly skipped numbers, which could account for somebody going out of turn.

I'm sure there must be an innocent explanation......

A Thai lady official asked me if I was applying for Retirement visa. When I said yes, she took me to the relevant desk. I don't think it was queue jumping. But just guiding the old codger. coffee1.gif

So, if you live in Pattaya, your local immigration office is called the "Chonburi Immigration Office"!

But if you live in Chonburi City, your local immigration office is called the "Sri Racha Immigration Office"!

TIT craziness at its finest if you ask me!!

It is called Chonburi because it is responsible for all of immigration's operations in the province of Chonburi..Sriracha is under it.

It is the same up here. It is called Ubon Ratchathani immigration but it is located in Phibun.

Did my 90 day report this morning .. only documents required were TM47 and my passport because I'm barcoded now! While it was busy and the counter clock stalled (until some guy told them) the 90 day process is not a bother. The 20 minutes I stood waiting to be called was spent looking at some of the lovely ladies working there.

Only went today because it needed to be done on Sunday and I didn't want to leave it in case something cropped up and I overstayed due to it.

Did my 90 day report this morning .. only documents required were TM47 and my passport because I'm barcoded now! While it was busy and the counter clock stalled (until some guy told them) the 90 day process is not a bother. The 20 minutes I stood waiting to be called was spent looking at some of the lovely ladies working there.

Only went today because it needed to be done on Sunday and I didn't want to leave it in case something cropped up and I overstayed due to it.

You can do the report up to 7 days after the report date including the report date in the count.

Late reporting is not an overstay. Overstay is being in the country after your permit to stay ends.

I got my bar-code for the first time this week and the guy told me next time just bring myself, passport and the bar-code on the slip!

So, do I need a completed TM47 too as you suggest?

I am disappointed to read paying money helps to move things along! Although turning up late on a Friday morning when a stamp is due to expire expecting to be serviced for an extension seems optimistic. I am sure they plan to be finished early on Fridays!

Edited by jacko45k

While some here seem to have had very good experiences with the Chonburi office, it would seem that my 'madhouse' description struck a chord with many. I also have to ask whether the new apartment buildings in Jomtien are as 'vacant' as many seem to think they are : unless people are going back to Immigration day after day, there are a lot more Farang retirees in this town than I had previously believed. Perhaps my methodology - counting the guys hanging out of bars on Buakhow and Beach Rd - was flawed ;)