Interpol hunts Brit over bar-girl killing

webfact

Interpol hunts Brit over bar-girl killing

1423102158_1-org.jpg
Brit Shane Kenneth Looker is believed top have crossed the border into Malaysia on November 24. Photo/Stickboy BKK

BANGKOK: -- Interpol has issued its equivalent of an international arrest warrant for a British man suspected of killing a Thai bar girl, stuffing her body in a suitcase and dumping it into the Mae Klong River in Kanchanaburi in November last year.

Pol Col Kritsana Pattanacharoen, superintendent of the Foreign Affairs Division's Interpol office, said Interpol had issued a "red notice" to international law enforcement agencies alerting them that an arrest warrant has been issued for Shane Kenneth Looker, 45, wanted for the murder of Laksami Manochat, 31.

The Kanchanaburi Provincial Court had authorised the warrant for the Briton on charges of murdering and illegally disposing of the body of Laksami. Tha Muang district police said Mr Looker's DNA, taken from nail clippers in the suspect's home, matches samples collected from Laksami's body.

Police said Mr Looker left Thailand by train on November 24 crossing into Malaysia via the Padang Besar border post in Songkhla.

On November 6, Laksami's naked body was found inside a red suitcase along with a shirt, bra, underwear, a pair of jeans, high-heel shoes and an empty wallet. She had sustained severe bruising to her left forehead.

Pol Col Kritsana said police have sought cooperation from 19 countries with which Thailand has extradition treaties.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/interpol-hunts-brit-over-bar-girl-killing-50876.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2015-02-05

Neighbour of Newcastle man Shane Looker stunned over Thai murder probe
BY EMMA JAMES

A shocked former neighbour of Newcastle man Shane Looker spoke of her disbelief as he remains on the run from Thai police.

Mr Looker is wanted in connection with the murder of Thai go go dancer Laxami ‘Pook’ Manochat whose dismembered body was found in a suitcase.

Mr Looker, who grew up in Windermere Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme, was the last person seen with Laxami before she was found dead.

According to reports, Mr Looker is also wanted in connection with two other similar murders in Thailand.

His former neighbour, who was good friends with Mr Looker’s mother Susan, told StaffsLive: “He was such a lovely guy, I don’t believe that he could have done something like this.

Full story: http://staffslive.co.uk/2015/02/neighbour-newcastle-man-shane-looker-stunned-thai-murder-probe/

-- STAFFS LIVE 2015-02-05

According to reports, Mr Looker is also wanted in connection with two other similar murders in Thailand.

His former neighbour, who was good friends with Mr Looker’s mother Susan, told StaffsLive: “He was such a lovely guy, I don’t believe that he could have done something like this.

"What a lovely guy" he is. I'm aware that this topic was already discussed that it wasn't cool anymore.

I still believe that he's the guy who did it, because he didn't get in touch with any authorities of his country, or elsewhere.

I don't understand the Thai authorities giving details this guy will also read. "Pol Col Kritsana said police have sought cooperation from 19 countries with which Thailand has extradition treaties."

All he needs to do is to Google which countries don't have such an agreement with Thailand. That's even worse than the always finger pointing gestures.

It would be perfect if relatives of the victim would find him before cops do. sad.png

P.S. And considering that Pook comes from Sisaket,

I'd deeply appreciate to assist her relatives to do what has to be done with/to him.

Edited by lostinisaan

Hope he gets caught as soon as possible before he strikes again I hate anyone who raises a hand to a woman most of these people are usually a total woose when confronted by a man who can fight back, but he is a step beyond this and now linked to three murders according to UK press.

• Like 1

If he is the killer, the man is a psychopath and should be apprehended as soon as possible before he commits any more murders.

Because he will.

"IF" being the operative word here Greeky. You finished with "Because he will". - Do you know this bloke?

There is little info as to why he is on the run, whether or not he is indeed guilty, or as to whether or not he is being set up for ulterior motives.

"IF" he is the killer then he isn't necessarily psychopathic. There could be many underlying problems. "IF" he is not the killer, and is being set up, which none of us know, what would your alternative correspondence be? Are you of the break the plates dancing brigade, before the bills are paid?

• Like 1

If he is the killer, the man is a psychopath and should be apprehended as soon as possible before he commits any more murders.

Because he will.

If he is the killer, then the motives behind the murder need to be established, once he is apprehended, charges, prosecuted and convicted.

If he was a psychopath then why would he wait until reaching 45 years old? And why would he suddenly go on a killing spree?

Not all killers are psychopaths or sociopaths. Many (most?) kill for one specific reason or in a specific situation that gets out of hand.

"A shocked former neighbour of Newcastle man Shane Looker spoke of her disbelief as he remains on the run from Thai police.

Mr Looker, who grew up in Windermere Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme, was the last person seen with Laxami before she was found dead."

Which one is it then?

Not being an expert in extradition law but surely even if there is no treaty in place with a country that country can still decide to detain someone (him) hear the evidence and then make a decision whether to deport him or not? Maybe he knows he is wanted as I imagine on the trains immigration are not connected by computer to the central system they only stamp the Passport out of Thailand and into Malaysia so no chance of being arrested.

and Dr Shipman was a lovely guy also

Murderers - pedo's - serial killers - rapists can be very good at hiding the evil within - at some point in your life you have been in the company of one of these people - the most prevalent would be pedo's especially in Thailand - were you most likely cross paths with on at least a weekly basis

• Like 1

"A shocked former neighbour of Newcastle man Shane Looker spoke of her disbelief as he remains on the run from Thai police.

Mr Looker, who grew up in Windermere Road, Newcastle-under-Lyme, was the last person seen with Laxami before she was found dead."

Which one is it then?

Same, same.

In the first instance it's actually refering to Newcastle-under-Lyme, which is a town in Staffordshire, close to Stoke on Trent.

It isn't referring to the Newcastle in the Northeast of England.

Didn't this Shane bloke have connections with Ibizia, maybe the Thai police should reach out their counterparts in Spain.

Anyone know if Spain has an extradition agreement with Thailand?

This guy isn't going to be in the UK, I doubt he's that stupid.

Could he still be in Malaysia, bearing in mind that he runs the risk of being found the moment he tries to board a flight.

Interpol doesn't hunt anyone as it's not their charter and they don't have the resources. Similarly they don't issue an international arrest warrant.

Thailand has an arrest warrant for this person so if they inform Interpol a Red Notice will be issued informing all other member countries that Thailand has a warrant and if he's traced will the member country locating him detain and inform Thailand through Interpol. Thailand will then be expected to start extradition.

Member countries are not obliged to take action and the only sanctions may be suspension of membership or expulsion. Member countries can of course face diplomatic pressure from the originating member.

Hollywood and various television shows have created a myth and that's all it is.

"Interpol doesn't hunt anyone as it's not their charter and they don't have the resources. Similarly they don't issue an international arrest warrant.

Thailand has an arrest warrant for this person so if they inform Interpol a Red Notice will be issued informing all other member countries that Thailand has a warrant and if he's traced will the member country locating him detain and inform Thailand through Interpol. Thailand will then be expected to start extradition."

That's exactly what the OP said if you bothered to read it correctly.

• Like 1

He left November 24th. He is not in Thailand or England, then try Philippines . I would print his picture and take around to all red light district bars.

This is high priority. Find this animal (assuming he is the murderer)

Please do not insult the animal kingdom.

I don't know... no intention to condone this grisly murder, but somehow there's a message involved. The jeans he bought for her. Perhaps the underwear. The empty wallet in particular. Maybe that was all the money he spent on her... so the message could be "Be nicer and not so greedy, and you will live longer". Just conjecture, of course...

Reading the full story on this maggot they mention he may head over to Ibiza in Spain where he knows people. My wife and I har heading for Spain in April to a town called Devia at fishing port with the ferries going to and from the Baleric Islands, Ibiza, Minorca and Myorca we will stay there 4 weeks so will keep an eye out for him, will not forget that face.

Which one is it then?

He's from Newcastle Under Lyme which is next to Stoke. As I have said before I know him personally. Spoke to a few of my friends in the last few days and some of the anecdotal evidence is worse than I first thought regarding things he has done in Uk & Ibiza & his general state of mind. I haven't seen him for 6/7 years and apparently he is worse than I remember him!

Reading the full story on this maggot they mention he may head over to Ibiza in Spain where he knows people. My wife and I har heading for Spain in April to a town called Devia at fishing port with the ferries going to and from the Baleric Islands, Ibiza, Minorca and Myorca we will stay there 4 weeks so will keep an eye out for him, will not forget that face.

Confront him at your own peril, he is an enforcer in Ibiza and well known! Also he is extremely volatile and handy (to say the least)

• Like 1

I think the comment about "Interpol hunting" came from the headline. It's quite right that Interpol don't hunt anyone, it's simply an information store and exchange.

I have met many murderers, most of whom were quite ordinary looking and behaving individuals, except for the criminal event they were involved in. The vast majority of murders are domestic where the murderer will be of little or no future danger to the public, which is why the mandatory life sentence in the UK can vary between 8 - 25 years or more. A domestic murderer generally gets out very quickly considering.

I think the comment about "Interpol hunting" came from the headline. It's quite right that Interpol don't hunt anyone, it's simply an information store and exchange.

I have met many murderers, most of whom were quite ordinary looking and behaving individuals, except for the criminal event they were involved in. The vast majority of murders are domestic where the murderer will be of little or no future danger to the public, which is why the mandatory life sentence in the UK can vary between 8 - 25 years or more. A domestic murderer generally gets out very quickly considering.

Nothing normal about Shane!

He left November 24th. He is not in Thailand or England, then try Philippines . I would print his picture and take around to all red light district bars.

This is high priority. Find this animal (assuming he is the murderer)

Please do not insult the animal kingdom.

In these areas, the dogs are either picked off the streets or purchased from farmers for 100 pesos, then sold at tremendous profit in Baguio where some restaurants serve it, I was told by Greg Quimpo, who is with AKC.

Insulting "The animal Kingdom?" http://theeuthymicdog.blogspot.com/2010/01/animal-kingdom-foundation-inc.html

Can't be the "Animal Kingdom", when people are so cruel to them. Sorry, for being off topic. This guy might "enjoy" his dog steak now and it's obvious that cops in the Philippines would close both eyes for some Pesos,preferable greenbacks.