Operators believe Thai chicken export to jump 6-7 percent in 2015

webfact

Operators believe Thai chicken export to jump 6-7% in 2015

BANGKOK, 5 February 2015 (NNT) – The Thai Broiler Processing Exporters Association foresees a bright future ahead of the Thai poultry industry, believing it will enjoy an export jump this year.

The Thai poultry export volume this year is expected to reach 600,000 tons, increasing by 6-7 percent compared to last year, during which the poultry export volume was recorded at 570,000 tons.

Aside from operators’ strict compliance with the international hygienic standards, the export growth is attributed to the Thailand-South Korea trade deal which is due to come into effect in the middle of this year.

According to the Thai Broiler Processing Exporters Association, Thai operators have all along taken consumers’ safety as their first priority, as witnessed in their production process which is based on the requirements of the European Union and Japan as well as the international standards. Importers also send their officials to observe the production in Thailand once or twice a year.

To prove the quality of Thai poultry, the Association voiced its readiness to clarify any doubts among people who were misled by rumors that Thai chicken meat was tainted with growth hormone.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-02-05 footer_n.gif

Given that China and the USA each consume 13 million tons of chicken, it's not that hard to believe...

http://www.treehugger.com/sustainable-agriculture/chinas-growing-hunger-meat-shown-move-buy-smithfield-worlds-leading-pork-producer.html

Not that I place a huge amount of faith in that particular link, but there's a bunch of 'em out there. 600,000 of them, I'm sure... (14.1 million hits, according to Google)

Here's another:

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-we-eat-meat-around-the-world-2014-1

Edited by impulse

Question.....how many chooks in 600,000 tons?

Answer.......A f.....g lot!.......something like 600 million chooks..(at 1kg each).......

I don't believe this article!!

Jeeze I hope there will be some left for me as I like chicken. Most chickens here are scrawny in size except the ones at KFC