The 90 Day enigma

You've got ninety days to make a copy or documents,or more.

Does mailing it in seem safe enough? What happens if it gets lost?

You send it to immigration by registered mail or EMS. You can then track it and get proof of delivery. If not delivered you have proof you sent it.

If you don't get the receipt back you have to contact immigration to inform them that you sent it and you have proof that it was sent and delivered. They will then give you another receipt for the report.

It's now 2015. Immigration office systems are just about entering the 21st century. Maybe in about 10 years time this reporting nonsense will be available electronically. Report online, print out the receipt, done. You're still going once a year for the extension of stay to "prove" your address at that time. If they need to send a receipt to your address by mail as proof that you are still living there, fine: add the cost of post and processing to the extension of stay cost.

The rule that you have to report to where you extension was done is already in effect and is really nothing new. Before if you were traveling around the country you could report at any immigration office but not now.

If they wanted to you could be fined up to the max fine of 5000 baht and 200 baht a day until you report.

My retirement- extensions for the last 2 years have been performed by immi-offices outside of my district. Chonbury / Ayuthaya.

My 90 day mail reports have always been done at my district immi-office Nakhon Pathom. Last time per December 24. No problems. At least at Nakhon Pathom-immi they don't seem to care where the retirement-extension was issued.

Cheers.

So you've not, after all, been taking the opportunity afforded by your "Long-Term Visa" (as stated in your OP) to move around LOS to your heart's content, then?

It's now 2015. Immigration office systems are just about entering the 21st century. Maybe in about 10 years time this reporting nonsense will be available electronically. Report online, print out the receipt, done. You're still going once a year for the extension of stay to "prove" your address at that time. If they need to send a receipt to your address by mail as proof that you are still living there, fine: add the cost of post and processing to the extension of stay cost.

Not much hope, I did mine last week and they now want 4 photocopies from passport just to do a 90 day report, why? up to them as usual.

Interesting claim swissie ...

If the additional cost of 2000 Bht per year should cramp your lifestyle, you should not be here in the first place

No, it wont 'cramp my style', but lets not assume that every retiree here enjoys throwing money at Immigration. Just for the record, this is the CHF-THB over the last month - your home currency if memory serves me:

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=CHF&to=THB&view=1M

and this is my home currency over the same period:

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=AUD&to=THB&view=1M

From where I'm sitting, 2K baht looks like pocket change for you - spare a thought for those of us who arent the beneficiaries of Switzerland's banking system. Until our dollar began its rapid descent, I was fairly blase about the money in my pocket - that's changed, and I dont enjoy other people telling me how my money is best spent. Have a nice day.

• Like 2

The rule that you have to report to where you extension was done is already in effect and is really nothing new. Before if you were traveling around the country you could report at any immigration office but not now.

If they wanted to you could be fined up to the max fine of 5000 baht and 200 baht a day until you report.

My retirement- extensions for the last 2 years have been performed by immi-offices outside of my district. Chonbury / Ayuthaya.

My 90 day mail reports have always been done at my district immi-office Nakhon Pathom. Last time per December 24. No problems. At least at Nakhon Pathom-immi they don't seem to care where the retirement-extension was issued.

Cheers.

The new rule apparently went into effect on the 1st of January. I hope they accept your next report and don't tell you that you have to do your report where you got your extension.

In case my "Home Immi-Office" Nakhon Pathom sends me to Ayuthaya Immigration (where my last retirement-extension was done), should I give them a fake Ayuthaya address or my "true" address, that is definitely within the Nakhon Pathom Immi-juristiction ???

Interesting question, I find, since this is not only of interest to me, but many many others.......

Cheers.

The new rule apparently went into effect on the 1st of January. I hope they accept your next report and don't tell you that you have to do your report where you got your extension.

In case my "Home Immi-Office" Nakhon Pathom sends me to Ayuthaya Immigration (where my last retirement-extension was done), should I give them a fake Ayuthaya address or my "true" address, that is definitely within the Nakhon Pathom Immi-juristiction ???

Interesting question, I find, since this is not only of interest to me, but many many others.......

Cheers.

Why was your extension done in Ayuthaya when you are living in Nakhon Pathom? That is the question I have and possibly immigration also. Your extension should of been done where you are living.

I suspect this rule change is part of a move to stop agents, lawyers and etc from doing under the table extensions.

I don't know what you can do if the don't accept your report. One person up in this part of the country made a border run to get around the problem because he did not have an address in Bangkok where his extension was done.

Cheers.

Why was your extension done in Ayuthaya when you are living in Nakhon Pathom? That is the question I have and possibly immigration also. Your extension should of been done where you are living.

I suspect this rule change is part of a move to stop agents, lawyers and etc from doing under the table extensions.

I don't know what you can do if the don't accept your report. One person up in this part of the country made a border run to get around the problem because he did not have an address in Bangkok where his extension was done.

As always during "cool-season", I am constantly traveling around. So, when the time came to do my extension, I happened to be near Ayuthaya. Had no problem to extend there. At this time, nobody at Ayuthaya Immigration told me that this may cause problems in the future as far as 90 day reports are concerned.

Next 90 day report due March 23. I shall report back here.

Cheers.