New model - Suzuki 110 GD

pbas400

With about 99% of the bikes in Thailand being step-through scooters or cub-likes,

I'm thinking there would be a market for a cheap conventionally configured 110 or 125cc alternative.

These appeal to me more than the more expensive 14" rim Zoomer or X bikes.

With about 99% of the bikes in Thailand being step-through scooters or cub-likes,

I'm thinking there would be a market for a cheap conventionally configured 110 or 125cc alternative.

Stallion has been offering conventional style bikes for a while now.

http://www.stallionsmotorcy.com/main/index.php/product.html

How they can still approve carbed engines? What happened with the stories of manuf.s that had efi yet could not pass emission testing ?

That was richardbkk claiming that carbed engines could not get approved...and much like many of his other predictions...

Stallion has been offering conventional style bikes for a while now.

http://www.stallionsmotorcy.com/main/index.php/product.html

I think the Suzi will sell okay.

If this bike were offered by Honda it would sell sell sell, swell.

Offerings by the likes of Stallion...expect minuscule sales, despite the attractive retro design.

• 3 weeks later...

When the numbers come in, a year from now, expect the sales to be surprisingly low. Suzuki just can't shift bikes in Thailand. I am not sure why that is, marketing, sheep mentality of consumers, reliability, unfashionable? But consumers aren't buying them in any numbers at any point on the price spectrum or model range. e.g. Sonic (no longer made) outsold the Raider massively. Versys outsells the V-Strom massively. Wave outsells the Step massively.

My first bike was a Suzuki GP 100. It may share quite a lot of features with this bike. The tank of this model has a distinctive Suzuki shape.

• 3 months later...

who bought the Suzuki?

is it a good bike?

thks

It MUST be very good value for money. They are fairly small and have narrow tires. If you are like me 90+ kg it might not be the best bike for you. I really like it for what it is. Simple, reliable and cheap. And retro.

As RichardBKK has informed , many times , smaller engined bikes ( below 250 ? ) are exempt from certain emission tests , so can use carbs to keep costs down . Shame the Suzuki has a drum front brake .

• 9 months later...

>>When the numbers come in, a year from now, expect the sales to be surprisingly low. Suzuki just can't shift bikes in Thailand. I<<

(This topic is a year old so i will add an update as follows) Well thats true in general about Suzuki ,but this model is selling well .I see loads of them around my suburb of Chiang Mai .

This week I saw one of these at the Mityon used bike lot next to their service department on Pattaya Tai. It is new and discounted to 30,000 baht.

First thing I noticed was the front drum brake..

Hard to see how they will sell it when the auto scooters beat it for technology and practicality i.e. under seat storage.