Thai Police fines Dutch couple for carrying Swiss army knife in car (VIDEO)

webfact

After tourists were found knifing bar girls too pieces the Thai cops tightened up on tourists carrying dangerous knifes which helps make everything safe for all of us, I hope they are more knife checks coz knives is dangerous

So is a lot of the cooking done by Thai wives, but they don't get locked up or fined for it ... ;)cheesy.gif

Never bring a knife to a gunfight. ;)

Good thing I never got stopped and searched on my many CBR trips around the north and north east of Thailand, or they might have found the Kershaw combat boot knife, and the push button lock blade, both with 4" blades, both razor sharp, that I carried on me at all times.

attachicon.gifKershaw 4351 Military Knife.jpg

why would you want to Carry such thing, unless you have intentions of using it,

To think of all the kids riding around with hand guns down their trousers, this is stupid.

Though...

the woman said she had it in her car because she sometimes drives alone in Thailand and carries it for self-defence.

That means she intended to use it, maybe better to have another reason for carrying it.

As a SCUBA diver I will always have a knife in my kit, it will always be packed with my gear and never carried on my person except when diving.

• Like 1

After tourists were found knifing bar girls too pieces the Thai cops tightened up on tourists carrying dangerous knifes which helps make everything safe for all of us, I hope they are more knife checks coz knives is dangerous

Dumu Ali Ali

If she uses it as protection , I hope she not uses the nail scissors or the screwdriver or even the nail file and the magnifying glass against her attacker ......

Edited by Patje

We have a sharp knife in our glove box to peal/cut fruit. Its in a little holder so you don't cut yourself if rummaging in there. Its just a normal short kitchen knife, and has been handy on various trips (camping, etc).

This is a new low for Thai police. They need to respect people and use common sense.

• Like 2

So is a lot of the cooking done by Thai wives, but they don't get locked up or fined for it ... wink.pngcheesy.gif

Never bring a knife to a gunfight. wink.png

Saw that in "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" wink.png

• Like 1

Good thing I never got stopped and searched on my many CBR trips around the north and north east of Thailand, or they might have found the Kershaw combat boot knife, and the push button lock blade, both with 4" blades, both razor sharp, that I carried on me at all times.

attachicon.gifKershaw 4351 Military Knife.jpg

why would you want to Carry such thing, unless you have intentions of using it,

I traveled all over the north and north east of Thailand on my CBR, always traveling alone. Sometimes I would get off the main roads and go to some of the smaller cities and villages. That is not always the safest thing to do for a foreigner at times. I'm a 4th Dan in Shotokan, and a 20 year Marine, so I definitely know how to take care of myself, but to my thinking, it never hurts to have a little "back up" should it be needed. I never had any intentions of using either knife, or even putting myself in a situation where it might be necessary, but this is Thailand, and sometimes things happen that make no sense, so it's best to be prepared, just in case. Always walk away if at all possible. If not, take down as many as I could, while I could.

• Like 2

Just utter BS isn't it. I've always carried a leather-man and basic tools for roadside repairs in our truck, and why the hell shouldn't I be able too?

How on earth can inside the center console of a private vehicle be considered public?

Just <deleted>, booking these people for this.

I have a simple question is it legal to carry a leatherman tool in thailand.

• Like 1

We have a sharp knife in our glove box to peal/cut fruit. Its in a little holder so you don't cut yourself if rummaging in there. Its just a normal short kitchen knife, and has been handy on various trips (camping, etc).

This is a new low for Thai police. They need to respect people and use common sense.

They is not about common sence, they tried to find a new tea money source, nothing else.

• Like 1