How do you heat your home in Thailand?

We bought a gas fire that has those fake logs burning.

We saw the model we wanted in shops in melbourne. looks great and has a remote control booster fan.

Imported it from china but u have to be careful with import taxes.

House not finished yet but should be installed in a couple of weeks

Reckon if you live in a place like Chiang Rai, you would need some sort of heating at home.

I do live in CR and would never even consider wasting money on a heater for the house. On the really 'cold' days I simply wear a sweatshirt and socks in the morning and evening until the sun is up and it is warm enough to take the sweatshirt off. That said, it is only this kind of cold for maybe 10 days all year. I think one would have to be a real wuss to think that any kind of space heater is a must for those few 'cold' days. Now I will admit that taking a shower in the AM and PM does cause some trepidation (and some shrinkage) but that's part of the Thai experience here in the North. thumbsup.gif

The image of you padding around wearing nothing but a pair of socks not one which I actually want in my mind .....sick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vrJpEP3T5-

• Like 1

I turn on the car's heating, half heartedly, in the morning when going into town at 7am. Coming back 45 minutes later I turn the heating off. Maximum 10 days a year. That was the winter for those that hadn't noticed. The thick bed cover has gone back into its box now.

If I were to worry about heating, I would buy a fan heater, good for filling space and gathering dust for 355 days a year.