Please, recommend some nice fish restaurants in Pattaya

Costas2008

Next week, I'm heading to Pattaya.....you know, that village next to the sea..... and I would appreciate any recommendations about any good fish restaurants that will not brake the bank.

Unfortunately I can't ask you for bar recommendations as my guardian angel will be with me and she already bought a dog leash to keep me in control.

Already booked the hotel and I checked that the balcony balustrades are quite high, so you don't have to worry about me jumping.

Going by car, hope to make it in 6 hours.

Thank you very much for your help in advance.

Regards

Costas

Do you mean seafood restaurants or specifically fish?

Anyway, the seafood restaurants at the very end of Jomtien beach road are good and popular with Bangkok Thais.

Generally you'll want to avoid places in Central touristic Pattaya.

Thank you JT.

Don't know the difference between seafood restaurants and selling only fish restaurants.

I suppose seafood restaurants will offer also fresh fish to their customers........but again I could be wrong.......I'm not in Greece now.

About Jomtien beach road, which end?

Left or right, facing the hotels from the beach?

The hotel I booked is Pattaya 2nd road, soi 14, Nongprue

Is this far from where you are recommending?

Many Thanks again.

Anyway, the seafood restaurants at the very end of Jomtien beach road are good and popular with Bangkok Thais.

The one at the end of Na Jomtien beach road is Pu Pen - very good.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297916-d3698154-r153974486-Pupen_Seafood-Chonburi_Chonburi_Province.html

Agree about avoiding the touristy bits in Pattaya - especially Walking Street.

That said, I have had decent seafood in the past at Stardice on Beach Road.

I am sure there are better quality/value places a few streets back from Beach Road that the resident locals use.

I still like lobster night (Monday) at Cherries on 3rd Road

• Like 1

The one at the end of Na Jomtien beach road is Pu Pen - very good.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g297916-d3698154-r153974486-Pupen_Seafood-Chonburi_Chonburi_Province.html

Agree about avoiding the touristy bits in Pattaya - especially Walking Street.

That said, I have had decent seafood in the past at Stardice on Beach Road.

I am sure there are better quality/value places a few streets back from Beach Road that the resident locals use.

I still like lobster night (Monday) at Cherries on 3rd Road

I never made it for lobster night at Cherries but isn't there also a night that features fish?

I'd go to Walking Street too if I were you. Sure there's plenty of great restaurants away from the tourist areas, but do you really want to be driving round on an evening trying to find them. Going to Walking Street you could kill 2 birds with one stone; so to speak. You will get a decent meal and an inadvertent glimpse at the things your better half would rather you didn't see. You really can't avoid them as you make your way to choose your destination.

• Like 2

I never made it for lobster night at Cherries but isn't there also a night that features fish?

They used to do a seafood buffet once a week that was really excellent value.

It didn't last long but I managed to go several times before they stopped it.

One of my favourite seafood restaurants is on Walking Street, would highly recommend it,

it's called Nang Nual also known as (The Fish Market).

Great setting overlooking Pattaya Bay, the restaurant is located 3/4 way down from the main

entrance to walking st, near soi 16, and has seating on both sides of walking st, go to the sea

view side entrance for the best view.

nang nual restaurant pattaya

http://www.holiday-pattaya.com/Nang_Nual.html

• Like 2

Believe them if you want as they are used to repeat the usual BS but the best choice and fresh fish is found at walking street, because they have more customers than anywhere else and customers who are not only cheap Charlies living in Thailand full time on a pension who do not mind to put the price for good food !

Yes, I've had some great sea food on Walking Street. It's probably priced for tourists and I wouldn't go to Walking Street at night when it's awash in drunks, but the selection and preparation of food has seldom disappointed. You can go near the Bali Hai end if the trashy northern part of Walking Street is too off-putting. There's also a fresh seafood market there if you want to take something home to cook. Whenever we were there, the majority of buyers were Thai.

032100020_01.jpg partial view of Bali Hai sea food market

The best place used to be an unfortunately seedy place right next to that sewage treatment pipes at the entrance to Walking Street and hidden behind a Gogo bar. Unfortunately it's location probably turned people off or they didn't realize it was there. Mostly Thai customers. Sadly it is now another bar beer or whatever.

Also had some great fish at a "hole-in-the-wall" type Thai restaurant on Pattaya Tai across from Thong Dee gold shop, but they only operate at night.

I've been to Mum Aroi in Naklua once with a Thai friend and neither of us was impressed. Maybe just unlucky in what we ordered on that day, but neither of us would be in a rush to go there again. Maybe the other Mum Aroi is better.

• Like 2

Mom Aroi far end of Naklua.

Very popular with Thais.. you may need to book.

Also, as mentioned previously, restaurant at far end of Jomtien by the sea is also very good.

and the other Mum Aroi restaurant on Pattaya 3rd road (between Pattaya Klang and Pattaya Nua - nearer to Nua).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mum+Aroi+Restaurant/@12.9428578,100.8945602,16z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x310296087c34fe59:0xffd76d9e89ff1b26?hl=en

• Like 1

Sure go to Walking Street if the best Thai seafood isn't your top priority ... rolleyes.gif

Oh nonsense. You aren't the gourmand or world class food critic you (alone) think you are. People go to restaurants to enjoy the food not to impress you There's are plenty of places on Walking Street that serve great food. I like to avoid overly touristy places too, but that doesn't change the fact that some of them serve good food. People are able to decide if they find food good without receiving instructions from you or listening to your snobbery.

Why must you turn every thread that deals with food and restaurants into a slanging match?

• Like 2

Believe them if you want as they are used to repeat the usual BS but the best choice and fresh fish is found at walking street, because they have more customers than anywhere else and customers who are not only cheap Charlies living in Thailand full time on a pension who do not mind to put the price for good food !

You have very low standards - or have a vested interest.

"Follow the locals".... a great adage. In Walking Street places you will only find the bar-fines of the 2 week millionaires.

• Like 1

Walking Street is to Pattaya as Fisherman's Wharf is to San Francisco.

Lots of seafood restaurants for tourists, very high volume, but locals don't eat there and know much better places to eat.

Next ...

I would take Fisherman's Wharf any day.

• Like 1

Sure go to Walking Street if the best Thai seafood isn't your top priority ... rolleyes.gif

Oh nonsense. You aren't the gourmand or world class food critic you (alone) think you are. People go to restaurants to enjoy the food not to impress you There's are plenty of places on Walking Street that serve great food. I like to avoid overly touristy places too, but that doesn't change the fact that some of them serve good food. People are able to decide if they find food good without receiving instructions from you or listening to your snobbery.

Why must you turn every thread that deals with food and restaurants into a slanging match?

I don't mind you sharing your opinion of course, but I can assure you I am no snob. You should see some of the crapholes I eat at! I do care a lot about food and value for money is part of the equation as well. I agree Nang Nual is a good choice on Walking Street. I also think Walking Street in general is a charmless tourist trap, that's not being a snob, that's keeping it real.

• Like 1

Lots of seafood restaurants for tourists, very high volume, but locals don't eat there and know much better places to eat.

Next ...

I would take Fisherman's Wharf any day.

Definitely for the ambiance and views alone!

• Like 1

Yes, Pupen Seafood is one of the best at the end of JB Road

Although, I agree with your comment on avoiding seafood in Pattaya.

I will disagree with the Jomtien comment.

Naklua beats Jomtien hands down for seafood restaurants at the moment.

Next ...

A reasonable analogy, except I think one of the bigger reasons more Thais don't eat there is because it costs more. Over the years I have not been disappointed with some of the places on walking street. The turnover and business level help keep things on the fresher side I think. They are convenient and I don't think the prices are horrible for a once or twice visit while on Holiday. The outdoor seating and views from the back of the restaurants over the water are pretty nice.

• Like 2