Reports: Yingluck Barred From Leaving Thailand

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good news they are not going to make the same mistake as with her brother. smile.png

Another step in the right direction trying to do the same as brother won't work this time.

Yeah, because putting someone through a kangaroo court system immediately after the military forcefully overthrows a democratically elected government and shreds the constitution.........where she has absolutely zero chance of receiving a fair trial is awesome. YAY!!!!! JUSTICE!!!!!! facepalm.gif

This nonsense will only drive a deeper wedge in Thai society........plain and simple.

I think you spend too much time in Nana plaza or the ilks of that kind.

The wedge is NOT through Thai society and the SMALL fraction that would rise up for Yinny and her stupid kind may not be enough for a gathering of a funeral.

I think maybe a wedge has been driven in someones head....

Oh, how intelligent you are....."I think you spend too much time in Nana Plaza......"

Lol.......how brilliant your analysis is.

And you are a fool. Yingluck won by 14% in the election. Oh, but according to you no wedge......right......back to Nana Plaza I go.....lol

And yeah....such a small number would come to her support. Just like that tiny, tiny number of Red Shirts that took to the streets in 2010. I mean seriously......and you have the audacity to say I am the one with something driven in my head? Good god.....your ignorance is appalling.

You mean the oned that came to the streets days after Rhaksin had his money confiscated?

The ones that had to hand over their id cards and weren't allowed to leave?

The ones that jeered when their leaders dud a runner at the first sign of trouble?

You reckon just the smart ones will come out next time?

Yep, cause all that's true..... Derp Derp........

Provide one.... Just one piece of evidence concerning any of this and you would not look like such a fool........ I know conspiracy theories are fun........ But sooner or later it is better to face reality.

And just for the record... Even if that part about the ID cards was true.... Thai people can make a new one for 20 baht. They are not held hostage......

You really are a special one......

Firstly they would need a police report to get a new ID card.. but I think it was the fact that they were retained in the first place. Why?

The fact that you stated about the ID cards probably means that you remember seeing the pictures!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

The case has not even gone before the court. There are no charges yet. So it's just another act of the Junta being judge and jury.

Bob, I have no idea where you are from. Maybe Planet Cuckoo... but in MOST western counties, POLICE of an stance can issue a message of sorts to IMMIGRATION - A STOP ORDER so that nay person of INTEREST (and I do not mean monetary here), so that TRAVEL OUT of a country is barred.

This can happen for ANY REASON at all until the Police have concluded their inquiries.

Charges do not have to be laid for this to occur. So EVEN in Thailand, they can do this too and there is nothing suspicious about it. Inquiries have not yest concluded.

Now go back to bed.

I think you are wrong.

Governments may generally sharply restrict the freedom of movement of persons who have been convicted of crimes, most conspicuously in the context of imprisonment. Restrictions may also be placed on convicted criminals who are on probation or have been released on parole. Persons who have been charged with crimes and have been released on bail may also be prohibited from traveling.

Most of u r talking out of your a-----es, u should really read up on what has transpired in the past 10 years before u talk!!

Trust me, some of us have. No clue who you are referring to and really don't care with such a stupid and unhelpful comment.......

Whats unhelpful about his comment?If you don't know what happened in Thailand in the last 10 years then maybe google will help if it's not blocked by junta , bkk hiso and royalists

The case has not even gone before the court. There are no charges yet. So it's just another act of the Junta being judge and jury.

Bob, I have no idea where you are from. Maybe Planet Cuckoo... but in MOST western counties, POLICE of an stance can issue a message of sorts to IMMIGRATION - A STOP ORDER so that nay person of INTEREST (and I do not mean monetary here), so that TRAVEL OUT of a country is barred.

This can happen for ANY REASON at all until the Police have concluded their inquiries.

Charges do not have to be laid for this to occur. So EVEN in Thailand, they can do this too and there is nothing suspicious about it. Inquiries have not yest concluded.

Now go back to bed.

Where are you from? LOL.....most western countries are DEMOCRACIES. Not military dictatorships. How can you even compare the two with a straight face? I seriously laughed out loud at the ignorance of your post..........

I don't see that he compared them. I see that he said what they did here is what is also done in the good ole USA and elsewhere.

Most of u r talking out of your a-----es, u should really read up on what has transpired in the past 10 years before u talk!!

Trust me, some of us have. No clue who you are referring to and really don't care with such a stupid and unhelpful comment.......

Whats unhelpful about his comment?If you don't know what happened in Thailand in the last 10 years then maybe google will help if it's not blocked by junta , bkk hiso and royalists

What has any of that to do with Ms. Yingluck possibly being barred from leaving the country?

Apart from the need to keep someone in the country to hear and acknowledge charges so the court case can even proceed if afterwards the accused 'flies away'.

• Like 2

It was already decided that if she has charges against her she could not leave.

and going to HongKong to allegedly see her criminal fugitive brother wasn't seen as sufficient reason to grant permission either, I guess.

Now if only she had stated to have promised her son to go to HongKong for Chinese NewYear rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 2

What has any of that to do with Ms. Yingluck possibly being barred from leaving the country?

Apart from the need to keep someone in the country to hear and acknowledge charges so the court case can even proceed if afterwards the accused 'flies away'.

Oh well I remember Suthep postponed his court appointments a few times because he was busy traveling or whatever,just one example what happened in the last 10 yrs

• Like 1

I do not know where you super pro democratic twits hail from but it takes no genius to see that this is probably the best government this country has seen for decades.

Oh, maybe you weren't around then and just speaking from your limited experience. In case you haven't noticed, Asians do not have the same thought pattern as westerners, but that does not make them wrong.

Asians have a different thought pattern? Maybe..... But I am fairly confident in saying that most don't want to be subjugated under authoritarian rule....

• Like 1

so here we have it... a d********* (censored) bars Thailand's last elected PM from travelling and say's "go read the newspapers" which he constantly threatens with "attitude adjustment" and this is what it has come to in this beautiful country?

Do you not get the joke?

He told REPORTERS to go read the newspapers.

I thought it was fairly funny.

I thought that was a candid way of saying what had been printed was true...

Please name me one country, where if you were being investigated and likely to face serious charges that would allow you to travel abroad if there was a likelihood of you failing to return?

• Like 1

Only someone like you would make a comment like this. She is being charged with criminal actions. No court in the world would let you travel abroad with a case pending in the courts for a criminal action. In most cases passports are seized for fear of fleeing prosecution
She is being charged by a military junta government which overthrew a democratically elected government, of which she was the prime minister. You choose to overlook that fact. It is however widely recognized both within the country and internationally. As widely recognized indeed as is the expectation, again within the country and internationally that the judicial system which may deal with her will, shall we say, take carefull note of the juntas desires. But no doubt you will overlook that as well.

Sorry to break this to you Jag but no democratically elected government was overthrown in 2014. Parliament was dissolved in 2013 and the PTP were a caretaker government. They even tried an election between then and the military taking over, but even that failed as PTP wouldn't wait and listen to the EC's advice that delaying it until it could be managed more effectively, and they went ahead anyways.

Same in 2006 mate, Parliament was dissolved and Thaksin illegally appointed himself as a caretaker PM despite having no authority to do so prior to the military again stepping in to put an end to the madness.

It's either a very selective or very cloudy memory you have.

Yingluck needs to remain in Thailand to face the prosecutors in the next couple of weeks. And in many democratic countries a person facing criminal charges would usually have to surrender their passport so that they don't flee. And as her family members have a track record for fleeing from justice I don't see the harm personally with the decision made this time round.

In 2006 and 2013 Parliament was dissolved and a general election held in which the pro-Thaksin party won, Thai Rank Thai, Puea Thai. Then in both times tanks rolled into the capitol and a coup declared. So a democratically elected government was crushed by the might of of a military machine by staging a coup d'etat, this is just two of many.

• Like 1

I'd love to see what would happen if the former PM waltzed into the US embassy and claimed political asylum. The US government has already openly stated that the findings against her from both the NACC and the NLA appear to be politically motivated. The US would be obliged to protect her from the anti democratic, military government. Then the fun would begin.

The US government spokesman chose his words carefully and said they might appear politically motivated. Leaving that one word out in your post made quiet a difference. An honest mistake no doubt.

The situation with Yingluck is NOT the same as her brother who went to China for the Olympics. He was free on BAIL after having been CHARGED with a criminal offense. Yingluck has not been charged and should be free as any other Thai would be. Her detention is soley due to the power held by the Junta under martial law and Article 44 of the Interim Charter. If the Junta wants to use the rule of law that it touts as being so important to Thai society, it should charge her immediately, grant bail, and forbid her to leave the country.

I don't care about whether the Junta is fair; it needs to be consistent. But it is the nature of the rule of law under a Junta-led government that consistency is only measured by the last thought of its leader.

Isn't it that she has been charged but has to appear in court in person to acknowledge the charges? If not then the case can't proceed.

Seeing has her fugitive criminal brother has 15 outstanding cases that he won't go to court to acknowledge, then maybe, there is good reason to doubt she'd return.

So no, she's not someone whose free as any other. She has a court appearance due shortly, which I'm sure she'd love to miss or send someone else.

• Like 1

Reply to inbangkok Post # 22

From MAJIC

I'm not saying your statement is untrue,but certainly more evidence is required! to tie up the loose ends, i.e please supply the source that says the following :"The 2007 constitution is no longer valid, or being used. There is currently an interim constitution, formed by the military"

every time i see that lying evil ex clone of Taksin I want to puke. Thank goodness in end Takisn his vile family and hangers o band red shirt thugs seem to be betting what they deserve. sooner she and rest are in prison the better or let them run with their tales behind them and hide under same rock as their would be dictator leader.

Yingluck has not been charged and should be free as any other Thai would be. Her detention is soley due to the power

rolleyes.gif

She is being "detained" in an area comprising 513,120 square kilometres. wink.png

Edited by Zefter
  • Like 2

For those whining she's been barred from leaving Thailand but hasn't even been charged yet, the above contains:

Yingluck was last week banned from politics for five years and indicted on criminal charges over her involvement in a state rice buying scheme that cost Thailand billions of dollars.

so here we have it... a d********* (censored) bars Thailand's last elected PM from travelling and say's "go read the newspapers" which he constantly threatens with "attitude adjustment" and this is what it has come to in this beautiful country?

Do you not get the joke?

He told REPORTERS to go read the newspapers.

I thought it was fairly funny.

Of course to "get it", one must a bit of better comprehension.

And yes, it was funny.