Reports: Yingluck Barred From Leaving Thailand

Lite Beer

I'd love to see what would happen if the former PM waltzed into the US embassy and claimed political asylum. The US government has already openly stated that the findings against her from both the NACC and the NLA appear to be politically motivated. The US would be obliged to protect her from anti democratic, military government. Then the fun would begin.

Wouldn't happen - shopping isn't that good there I hear

• Like 1

PM declines to confirm Ms Yingluck was not allowed to leave the country

2-8-2015-5-08-51-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha declined to reply a reporters question this morning whether former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra was not allowed to leave the country by the National Council for Peace and Order.

The prime minister simply told the reporters to go back to read an earlier press report about what the NCPO had said about the issue.

Jesus, why not just answer the danm question - surely it is straightforward enough?

He gave them a Straightforward answer.. it's the same as I told you before, why do I have to repeat myself. Start listening!

• Like 1

The situation with Yingluck is NOT the same as her brother who went to China for the Olympics. He was free on BAIL after having been CHARGED with a criminal offense. Yingluck has not been charged and should be free as any other Thai would be. Her detention is soley due to the power held by the Junta under martial law and Article 44 of the Interim Charter. If the Junta wants to use the rule of law that it touts as being so important to Thai society, it should charge her immediately, grant bail, and forbid her to leave the country.

I don't care about whether the Junta is fair; it needs to be consistent. But it is the nature of the rule of law under a Junta-led government that consistency is only measured by the last thought of its leader.

So....which military regime, that purports to run any country, anywhere in the world, and there are several currently, could be classed as being fair ??......

This is nothing to do with Yingluck...Thaksin...red shirts or yellow shirts......this is the military generals (psuedo military meglomaniacs) attempting to manage a country in the 21st century........

The situation with Yingluck is NOT the same as her brother who went to China for the Olympics. He was free on BAIL after having been CHARGED with a criminal offense. Yingluck has not been charged and should be free as any other Thai would be. Her detention is soley due to the power held by the Junta under martial law and Article 44 of the Interim Charter. If the Junta wants to use the rule of law that it touts as being so important to Thai society, it should charge her immediately, grant bail, and forbid her to leave the country.

I don't care about whether the Junta is fair; it needs to be consistent. But it is the nature of the rule of law under a Junta-led government that consistency is only measured by the last thought of its leader.

normal people would be in remand custody and before the trial of course

Remanded in custody for what and by whom?

Only a court has authority to remand someone and it has to be based on facts presented, not some rumour of impending charges.

If they have a solid case, file it it a court and make an application to the court to either hold her passport or stop her from leaving the country.

The police don't have the power, nor does any other authority to rule on or interpret any law. Of course there are some that believe they are above the law and we know who they are.

Edited by Reigntax

If shes too dumb to have already left the country then she is probably also too dumb to have masterminded any crime of significance

Not too difficult for her to leave Thailand illegally if she wanted, the border is not very good protected. A fast Rib boat could pick her up from a beach at night and bring her to a waiting yacht offshore and the Thai Navy will have no chance of stopping her.

Satire alert.

"Thank God they are finally doing something to keep her from following in her brother's footsteps. There was No unacceptable corruption in Thailand before the Shins, and once they are truly gone there will not be any more unacceptable corruption. Acceptable corruption is familiar, and accepted;therefore, unacceptable corruption is real corruption and the justified rest is merely a way of doing business. There are those that say this is politically motivated. They are liars. All prosecutions are politically motivated, and since the dreadful Shins brought unacceptable corruption to this vestal virgin country, the ends justifies the means. We cannot have any new players in this game. We could barely keep it stable before, and now the whole thing is out of line. Telecommunications? We amart, the real Thais (even if mostly Chinese, and now going back to our roots for support, but that is another lie not to be told) we never saw that those Japanese toys had such great profits, and here we have this, this commoner, reap huge profits from merely knowing that the future has more in it than brown envelopes, somtam and rice milling. Who would have thought? The cur. All he had to do was explain to us how we could have become insanely rich too, and we might have forgiven his upstart attitude. But it's too late for that. We simply can never forgive him for succeeding. He didn't even ask permission!! This new coup will forever show all commoners that they are not allowed to rise above their station. After all, talking about lese majesty is lese majesty. There you go, or don't go, depending on your connections.

Maybe you ambitious peasants should just ask permission next time. We might say no, but that is not for you to decide. We can't have this. By the Lord Buddha, what else can we do? What''s next? Education for the poor? What stupidity. The poor need to stay that way. How else can I pay for my new Mercedes (not taxed of course, it would be awkward).

Recent Dusit polls show that 99.2% of 1,120 people (we always ask the same people) agree that the poor should always be poor.

Please make a note of it.

PS: 2010 never happened. We are now, for reconciliation, changing all calendars to read 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, etc.. It is obviously what never happened and for the good happiness and reconciliation of all Thais (the ones that matter, anyway)."

You b*st*rd, laughed so much I spilt my beer!

Like so much good satire, it has its roots in truth,

• Like 1

Can't go anywhere in public without being harassed and can't leave the country, so it's almost like house arrest. She already thinks of herself as the next ASSK ;-)

She may think of herself that way - we only have your very dubious word for it - but nobody with half an ounce of sense could possibly compare this corrupt, pretty dummy with Aung San Su Kyi.

The case has not even gone before the court. There are no charges yet. So it's just another act of the Junta being judge and jury.

Or something behind it. I do not think J...junta (why write "the j" with a capital letter anyway) has anything to do with it. Just idiotic provocation again from "the other side"

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good news they are not going to make the same mistake as with her brother. smile.png

Another step in the right direction trying to do the same as brother won't work this time.

Yeah, because putting someone through a kangaroo court system immediately after the military forcefully overthrows a democratically elected government and shreds the constitution.........where she has absolutely zero chance of receiving a fair trial is awesome. YAY!!!!! JUSTICE!!!!!! facepalm.gif

This nonsense will only drive a deeper wedge in Thai society........plain and simple.

I think you spend too much time in Nana plaza or the ilks of that kind.

The wedge is NOT through Thai society and the SMALL fraction that would rise up for Yinny and her stupid kind may not be enough for a gathering of a funeral.

I think maybe a wedge has been driven in someones head....

Oh, how intelligent you are....."I think you spend too much time in Nana Plaza......"

Lol.......how brilliant your analysis is.

And you are a fool. Yingluck won by 14% in the election. Oh, but according to you no wedge......right......back to Nana Plaza I go.....lol

And yeah....such a small number would come to her support. Just like that tiny, tiny number of Red Shirts that took to the streets in 2010. I mean seriously......and you have the audacity to say I am the one with something driven in my head? Good god.....your ignorance is appalling.

You mean the oned that came to the streets days after Rhaksin had his money confiscated?

The ones that had to hand over their id cards and weren't allowed to leave?

The ones that jeered when their leaders dud a runner at the first sign of trouble?

You reckon just the smart ones will come out next time?

Yep, cause all that's true..... Derp Derp........

Provide one.... Just one piece of evidence concerning any of this and you would not look like such a fool........ I know conspiracy theories are fun........ But sooner or later it is better to face reality.

And just for the record... Even if that part about the ID cards was true.... Thai people can make a new one for 20 baht. They are not held hostage......

You really are a special one......

Edited by inbangkok

Satire alert.

"Thank God they are finally doing something to keep her from following in her brother's footsteps. There was No unacceptable corruption in Thailand before the Shins, and once they are truly gone there will not be any more unacceptable corruption. Acceptable corruption is familiar, and accepted;therefore, unacceptable corruption is real corruption and the justified rest is merely a way of doing business. There are those that say this is politically motivated. They are liars. All prosecutions are politically motivated, and since the dreadful Shins brought unacceptable corruption to this vestal virgin country, the ends justifies the means. We cannot have any new players in this game. We could barely keep it stable before, and now the whole thing is out of line. Telecommunications? We amart, the real Thais (even if mostly Chinese, and now going back to our roots for support, but that is another lie not to be told) we never saw that those Japanese toys had such great profits, and here we have this, this commoner, reap huge profits from merely knowing that the future has more in it than brown envelopes, somtam and rice milling. Who would have thought? The cur. All he had to do was explain to us how we could have become insanely rich too, and we might have forgiven his upstart attitude. But it's too late for that. We simply can never forgive him for succeeding. He didn't even ask permission!! This new coup will forever show all commoners that they are not allowed to rise above their station. After all, talking about lese majesty is lese majesty. There you go, or don't go, depending on your connections.

Maybe you ambitious peasants should just ask permission next time. We might say no, but that is not for you to decide. We can't have this. By the Lord Buddha, what else can we do? What''s next? Education for the poor? What stupidity. The poor need to stay that way. How else can I pay for my new Mercedes (not taxed of course, it would be awkward).

Recent Dusit polls show that 99.2% of 1,120 people (we always ask the same people) agree that the poor should always be poor.

Please make a note of it.

PS: 2010 never happened. We are now, for reconciliation’s sake, changing all calendars to read 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012, etc.. It is obviously what never happened and for the good happiness and reconciliation of all Thais (the ones that matter, anyway)."

• Like 2

The borders are so porous that you could drive a herd of Elephants through in many places so it wouldn't be too hard for her to put on a pair of Ugg Boots after hitching a lift here or there, a Prada bag on her back with a few supplies and meet Brothers 'friends' on the other side of the border and be whisked away by helicopter in minutes. If she wants to leave she can leave.....with or without passport.

• Like 1

Scarpofongness4u said " They are going too far.

International isolation will be the response soon."

Not from Asean countries or China. 10 years or 2 months, maybe front page news for a week but then forgotten. We'll have to wait and see. My guess is jail time sentence given with her fleeing the country during the appeal process.