Reports: Yingluck Barred From Leaving Thailand

Lite Beer

I'd love to see what would happen if the former PM waltzed into the US embassy and claimed political asylum. The US government has already openly stated that the findings against her from both the NACC and the NLA appear to be politically motivated. The US would be obliged to protect her from the anti democratic, military government. Then the fun would begin.

The US government spokesman chose his words carefully and said they might appear politically motivated. Leaving that one word out in your post made quiet a difference. An honest mistake no doubt.

Apart from mentioning that it was a matter of perception rolleyes.gif

Most of u r talking out of your a-----es, u should really read up on what has transpired in the past 10 years before u talk!!

Trust me, some of us have. No clue who you are referring to and really don't care with such a stupid and unhelpful comment.......

Sadly this appears to be the case for a lot of contributors to this thread.

i'm actually quite surprised at how little some posters appear to understand what is happening around them in Thailand -

i really advise some of them to do some reading of the history of Thailand since ww2 and find out for themselves what is going on.

if you don't know why this isn't discussed on the forum then this is your starting point.

• Like 2

every time i see that lying evil ex clone of Taksin I want to puke. Thank goodness in end Takisn his vile family and hangers o band red shirt thugs seem to be betting what they deserve. sooner she and rest are in prison the better or let them run with their tales behind them and hide under same rock as their would be dictator leader.

Ah! - how refreshing, a truly analytical point of view for a change.

Edited by cumgranosalum

Can't go anywhere in public without being harassed and can't leave the country, so it's almost like house arrest. She already thinks of herself as the next ASSK ;-)

Now that's a horrible thought. The 2 women are poles apart as human beings.

The case has not even gone before the court. There are no charges yet. So it's just another act of the Junta being judge and jury.

Nothing to do with Judge and Jury.

Tens of Billions went missing, She was in charge of it. She was given the opportunity to attend court and refused to turn up and answer questions. Which may have cleared her.

While in office her personal fortune tripled, by billions. She refuses to say how this new found wealth suddenly appeared.

So what is a level headed person to think.

Well I'm a level headed person, and she is as guilty as hell. The most common word, some people may use, would be a thief.

Excuse me for asking a dumb question, but where is your data to prove that her personal fortune tripled by billions?

And while in the opinion of many that "she is guilty as hell" does not idea that one is innocent until proven guilty apply in Thailand?

The case has not even gone before the court. There are no charges yet. So it's just another act of the Junta being judge and jury.

Tens of Billions went missing, She was in charge of it. She was given the opportunity to attend court and refused to turn up and answer questions. Which may have cleared her.

While in office her personal fortune tripled, by billions. She refuses to say how this new found wealth suddenly appeared.

Well I'm a level headed person, and she is as guilty as hell. The most common word, some people may use, would be a thief.

Excuse me for asking a dumb question, but where is your data to prove that her personal fortune tripled by billions?

And while in the opinion of many that "she is guilty as hell" does not idea that one is innocent until proven guilty apply in Thailand?

Dunno about billions but it went up by over 10 million (which isn't a huge amount) But it's pretty good on a 90k salary! Edited by casualbiker

All is not well in the LoS - from either side of the political triangle.

As for refusing overseas travel, this is the normal legal process during investigation of a serious crime, unless special circumstances are approved, a visit to HK?

Sounds like a shopping holiday to me.

I guess Y is now regretting not leaving last year.

• Like 1

All is not well in the LoS - from either side of the political triangle.

As for refusing overseas travel, this is the normal legal process during investigation of a serious crime, unless special circumstances are approved, a visit to HK?

Sounds like a shopping holiday to me.

I guess Y is now regretting not leaving last year.

More like a trip to receive new instructions from her criminal fugitive brother.

An actress is only as good as the script and requires direction.

Also, maybe a chance to take a few big suitcases out wink.png

Most of u r talking out of your a-----es, u should really read up on what has transpired in the past 10 years before u talk!!

Trust me, some of us have. No clue who you are referring to and really don't care with such a stupid and unhelpful comment.......

Sadly this appears to be the case for a lot of contributors to this thread.

i'm actually quite surprised at how little some posters appear to understand what is happening around them in Thailand -

i really advise some of them to do some reading of the history of Thailand since ww2 and find out for themselves what is going on.

if you don't know why this isn't discussed on the forum then this is your starting point.

In the mean time we may discuss the reports that Ms. Yingluck is barred from travelling in the period 18th to 22nd of February as the OAG expects her to be present at the court on the 19th.

Thank you.

The Yingluck whiners are always out to divert discussion at every opportunity it seems.

Good news they are not going to make the same mistake as with her brother. smile.png

It was kind of intentional rather than mistake.

Whether it was intentional or not, since then, it has been shown that not keeping him "barred from leaving Thailand" was a mistake.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good news they are not going to make the same mistake as with her brother. smile.png

Another step in the right direction trying to do the same as brother won't work this time.

Yeah, because putting someone through a kangaroo court system immediately after the military forcefully overthrows a democratically elected government and shreds the constitution.........where she has absolutely zero chance of receiving a fair trial is awesome. YAY!!!!! JUSTICE!!!!!! facepalm.gif

This nonsense will only drive a deeper wedge in Thai society........plain and simple.

I think you spend too much time in Nana plaza or the ilks of that kind.

The wedge is NOT through Thai society and the SMALL fraction that would rise up for Yinny and her stupid kind may not be enough for a gathering of a funeral.

I think maybe a wedge has been driven in someones head....

So....finally the end of all corruption in Thailand! I am so relieved! They found the person responsible for all corruption! Good job! I knew they would find that one person responsible in the end.

Edited by AlQaholic

what mistake? That are all backroom deals....or why does Thaksin still has his passport and Yingluck her diplomatic passport?

First thing would be to seize the passports (even it wouldn't help much, but they would do it with every other one)

she can leave any time she wants to. However coming back (if so) she will be charged with illegally leaving the country and will be put in jail.

If she does not come back, well, not being able to return to Thailand will be severe punishment, and she will have to look over her shoulders every minute she goes out.

So, may be her best bett would be to stick around, won't you think so?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Dunno about billions but it went up by over 10 million (which isn't a huge amount) But it's pretty good on a 90k salary!

She has a net worth of over $17 million that's US dollars, 10 million baht is peanuts. Plus I believe the figure was 11 million baht increase since she left office. Must be good business decisions on her part.

1. if she really wanted to leave this country she could just pack up 200 suit cases full of you know what and drive in say a group of 5 crvs and cross the boarder in the dead of night. Most guards would be asleep or slip them a few 100,000 bhat and then let them crash the barriers to save face for the boarder patrol police.

What you think whistling.gif

Yingluck’s request for overseas trip takes longer consideration
By Digital Content

14234482493238-640x390x1.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 9 -- The National Council for Peace and Order (NCPO) must take longer to consider overseas travel requests by former prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra because she is now facing criminal charges on the rice-pledging scheme in which is tainted with massive corruption, said an NCPO spokesman.

The spokesman said as the trial on criminal charges filed against Ms Yingluck by the Office of the Attorney-General is approaching, the NCPO must carefully consider both her reasons for travelling and the law, so that it would not have an impact on the legal procedure.

On January 23, the National Legislative Assembly voted to impeach Ms Yingluck, Thailand’s first female prime minister, and immediately barred her from engaging in political activities for five years.

The Assembly action charged her with dereliction of duty for failing to stop corruption and massive losses in the rice-pledging scheme promoted by her government.

On the same day, the Office of the Attorney-General filed criminal charges against her regarding the scheme.

The spokesman’s remarks were made after reliable sources of the Royal Thai Army said earlier that Ms Yingluck in late January told the NCPO that she would like to travel to Hong Kong yesterday, February 8.

Her request was turned down and the NCPO asked her to postpone her trip. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2015-02-09