Reports: Yingluck Barred From Leaving Thailand

Lite Beer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>
The case has not even gone before the court. There are no charges yet. So it's just another act of the Junta being judge and jury.

Nothing to do with Judge and Jury.

Tens of Billions went missing, She was in charge of it. She was given the opportunity to attend court and refused to turn up and answer questions. Which may have cleared her.

While in office her personal fortune tripled, by billions. She refuses to say how this new found wealth suddenly appeared.

So what is a level headed person to think.

Well I'm a level headed person, and she is as guilty as hell. The most common word, some people may use, would be a thief.
Excuse me for asking a dumb question, but where is your data to prove that her personal fortune tripled by billions?

And while in the opinion of many that "she is guilty as hell" does not idea that one is innocent until proven guilty apply in Thailand?
Dunno about billions but it went up by over 10 million (which isn't a huge amount) But it's pretty good on a 90k salary!

She has a net worth of over $17 million that's US dollars, 10 million baht is peanuts. Plus I believe the figure was 11 million baht increase since she left office. Must be good business decisions on her part.

Link please to you assertion that she is worth $17 million.

The 11million was from the initial record of financials to her leaving office.

While in office her personal fortune tripled, by billions. - Another rabid Yellow who is running off at the mouth with no facts or proof, but merely their opinion. An audit was done on her finances both before and after she left office, as is required by law, and the auditors clearly showed her "increase in wealth" was rising stock prices that everyone else who held that stock incurred, as well as normal, LEGAL business transactions. I know you probably hate to hear this, but they CLEARLY stated that they found no "unusual" wealth or increase in wealth, over and above normal business transactions.

You really should do more reading and take off the yellow glasses when you do. It might help.

She must have some extremely strong stock options to increase in value by $337,000 in three years.. no (I'm not a stock market person. So asking the question)

Maybe big brother gave her some good financial advice. When to buy and sell.

Good news they are not going to make the same mistake as with her brother. smile.png

Another step in the right direction trying to do the same as brother won't work this time.

Yeah, because putting someone through a kangaroo court system immediately after the military forcefully overthrows a democratically elected government and shreds the constitution.........where she has absolutely zero chance of receiving a fair trial is awesome. YAY!!!!! JUSTICE!!!!!! facepalm.gif

This nonsense will only drive a deeper wedge in Thai society........plain and simple.

was the rice scam fair to thai people which have to pay for the shinawatras ???

The case has not even gone before the court. There are no charges yet. So it's just another act of the Junta being judge and jury.

Tens of Billions went missing, She was in charge of it. She was given the opportunity to attend court and refused to turn up and answer questions. Which may have cleared her.

While in office her personal fortune tripled, by billions. She refuses to say how this new found wealth suddenly appeared.

Well I'm a level headed person, and she is as guilty as hell. The most common word, some people may use, would be a thief.

Excuse me for asking a dumb question, but where is your data to prove that her personal fortune tripled by billions?

And while in the opinion of many that "she is guilty as hell" does not idea that one is innocent until proven guilty apply in Thailand?

Dunno about billions but it went up by over 10 million (which isn't a huge amount) But it's pretty good on a 90k salary!

She has a net worth of over $17 million that's US dollars, 10 million baht is peanuts. Plus I believe the figure was 11 million baht increase since she left office. Must be good business decisions on her part.

While in office her personal fortune tripled, by billions. - Another rabid Yellow who is running off at the mouth with no facts or proof, but merely their opinion. An audit was done on her finances both before and after she left office, as is required by law, and the auditors clearly showed her "increase in wealth" was rising stock prices that everyone else who held that stock incurred, as well as normal, LEGAL business transactions. I know you probably hate to hear this, but they CLEARLY stated that they found no "unusual" wealth or increase in wealth, over and above normal business transactions.

You really should do more reading and take off the yellow glasses when you do. It might help.

She must have some extremely strong stock options to increase in value by $337,000 in three years.. no (I'm not a stock market person. So asking the question)

11 million increase on an initial 500 million is only 1.75% - over 3 years. Basically the same as leaving the money in the worst earning savings account.

Really nothing to see here.

• Like 1

11 million increase on an initial 500 million is only 1.75% - over 3 years. Basically the same as leaving the money in the worst earning savings account.

Her TOTAL assets were 500million are you suggesting ALL her money is in stocks?

Her TOTAL assets were 500million are you suggesting ALL her money is in stocks?

I said nothing about stocks, just that there is nothing suspicious about a 0.6 % yearly increase in assets. This could also include increased valuations for real estate assets, etc.

• Like 1

When her brother went off to see the Beijing olympics and never returned I don't think anyone with a brain was surprised. Some people got rich on that one!

Hey boss, let her go see the Africa Cup, she'll come right back afterwards.

UPDATE:

Thai junta bans ex-PM Yingluck from travelling overseas
AFP
BANGKOK: -- Thailand's toppled former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has been banned from travelling overseas because graft charges carrying up to a decade in jail will be formally laid against her later this month, officials said Monday.
Yingluck, who was ousted by a court ruling shortly before the army grabbed power in May, has already been banned from politics for five years following her impeachment over a costly rice subsidy scheme.
In addition, she faces jail if found guilty of corruption charges linked to the policy, which paid farmers in her rural heartlands well over the market rates for their crop.
Local media said Yingluck had wanted to travel to Hong Kong, China and Britain this week.
But the Thai junta denied her permission on the advice of the state prosecutor, the Office of the Attorney General.
"The office (OAG) said the case was still under the justice process and asked for the trip to be postponed," deputy prime minister General Prawit Wongsuwon told reporters.
"The ban was linked to the legal process."
An OAG spokesman said it would formally indict Yingluck by February 21, leaving the Supreme Court to decide if the case will proceed.
As Thailand's highest court, there is no right to appeal against a Supreme Court decision.
The generals seized power ostensibly to restore order after months of often deadly protests against Yingluck's government.
The demonstrators -- and their supporters among the Bangkok elite, judiciary and army -- accuse Yingluck of overseeing a corrupt and venal administration on behalf of her billionaire brother Thaksin, also a former premier.
Thaksin, loathed by the Bangkok establishment but loved by the northern rural poor, lives in self-exile to avoid jail for a corruption charge.
Shinawatra supporters accuse the Thai elite of using the courts to persecute Yingluck. She remains popular among her rural base, who have voted for the family's parties in every election since 2001.
Yingluck, who has largely remained quiet since the coup, decried her impeachment last month as the "death of democracy". A senior US envoy angered the junta by saying the legal moves against her could appear to be politically motivated.
Shinawatra governments have been knocked out by two coups and dizzied by the removal of three premiers by the interventionist courts since 2006.
The junta says it will hold fresh elections in early 2016 once reforms to tackle corruption and curb the power of political parties are codified in a new constitution.
afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2015-02-09

Most of u r talking out of your a-----es, u should really read up on what has transpired in the past 10 years before u talk!!

Trust me, some of us have. No clue who you are referring to and really don't care with such a stupid and unhelpful comment.......

Whats unhelpful about his comment?If you don't know what happened in Thailand in the last 10 years then maybe google will help if it's not blocked by junta , bkk hiso and royalists

What has any of that to do with Ms. Yingluck possibly being barred from leaving the country?

Apart from the need to keep someone in the country to hear and acknowledge charges so the court case can even proceed if afterwards the accused 'flies away'.

Oh well I remember Suthep postponed his court appointments a few times because he was busy traveling or whatever,just one example what happened in the last 10 yrs

Posting his appearances actually last year. In most of the countries, if you are accused on crime, no show up is considered as an illegal act. He said that time he was busy continuing illegal demonstrations against the government. I think he is this year celebrating 20 years doing so. The most disturbing thing is that he do not need to leave or escape anywhere. When he goes behind the bars, I will start to think Thailand is on the right track...almost. But the positive thing is that he has set the standard. Now opposition (sometimes majority) can just go out to demonstrate, shut down government offices, threat people working there, destroy public property, cause chaos etc. Actually his demonic demonstrations were melting down and that is possible why the army had to jump in. I think most of the people are tired of his acts anyway

The situation with Yingluck is NOT the same as her brother who went to China for the Olympics. He was free on BAIL after having been CHARGED with a criminal offense. Yingluck has not been charged and should be free as any other Thai would be. Her detention is soley due to the power held by the Junta under martial law and Article 44 of the Interim Charter. If the Junta wants to use the rule of law that it touts as being so important to Thai society, it should charge her immediately, grant bail, and forbid her to leave the country.

I don't care about whether the Junta is fair; it needs to be consistent. But it is the nature of the rule of law under a Junta-led government that consistency is only measured by the last thought of its leader.

The Attorney General will submit a subpoena to the Supreme Court on Feb. 19, and wants Yingluck to be present for that, but she want to stay away until at least 22 Feb, so of course she can't go overseas to avoid it.

TS will just have to Skype her with instructions on what to say.

Interesting. WhenSuthep was told to produce himself to the police to answer charges he told them, 'no' quite a few times. Then after creating chaos usurping a legal democratic government, nothing more was said about the charges and he goes off to a temple and still says 'no. The law is just made up as the d man goes along. Kangaroo court and oh! Stop her from travelling too, we'll invent something later..

Must be fulfilling to know a couple of people that support dictatorship and blatant disregard for the will of the people....

Maybe try talking to the vast majority of Thai people who voted for Yingluck........ Sure, maybe some regret there vote and are fine with the situation...... But most are probably pretty dissatisfied with having their vote trampled on once again by the military.

"the vast majority of Thai people who voted for Yingluck"

A tired old chestnut, and still as inaccurate as ever :-

1. Votes for PTP in 2011, 15.7 million http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2011

2. Many of whom were voting rather for PTP, and their extravagant election-promises, free Samsung tablet-computers & immediate large pay-rises & everyone becoming rich like the Great Thinker within six months, etcetera, not just "for Yingluck"

3. Population of Thailand, 67.7 million https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/th.html

4. 15.7 million is 23.2% of 67.7 million, and that's a long way short of being a "vast majority", I'm afraid. wink.png

and yet, EVERYBODY (especially the d-man) knows that she or her party would win an election right now.

Must be fulfilling to know a couple of people that support dictatorship and blatant disregard for the will of the people....

Maybe try talking to the vast majority of Thai people who voted for Yingluck........ Sure, maybe some regret there vote and are fine with the situation...... But most are probably pretty dissatisfied with having their vote trampled on once again by the military.

1. Votes for PTP in 2011, 15.7 million http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_general_election,_2011

2. Many of whom were voting rather for PTP, and their extravagant election-promises, free Samsung tablet-computers & immediate large pay-rises & everyone becoming rich like the Great Thinker within six months, etcetera, not just "for Yingluck"

3. Population of Thailand, 67.7 million https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/th.html

4. 15.7 million is 23.2% of 67.7 million, and that's a long way short of being a "vast majority", I'm afraid. wink.png

Very misleading numbers. The number is eligible voters who actually vote. That is the only number that matters. Under your misguided analysis,a majority would be virtually impossible, even if a party received 100% of the votes.

• Like 1

Bob, I have no idea where you are from. Maybe Planet Cuckoo... but in MOST western counties, POLICE of an stance can issue a message of sorts to IMMIGRATION - A STOP ORDER so that nay person of INTEREST (and I do not mean monetary here), so that TRAVEL OUT of a country is barred.

This can happen for ANY REASON at all until the Police have concluded their inquiries.

Charges do not have to be laid for this to occur. So EVEN in Thailand, they can do this too and there is nothing suspicious about it. Inquiries have not yest concluded.

Now go back to bed.

Where are you from? LOL.....most western countries are DEMOCRACIES. Not military dictatorships. How can you even compare the two with a straight face? I seriously laughed out loud at the ignorance of your post..........

I can assure that you were not the only one. Though they are not likely to speak up, there were no doubt countless others. cheesy.gif

Very misleading numbers. The number is eligible voters who actually vote. That is the only number that matters. Under your misguided analysis,a majority would be virtually impossible, even if a party received 100% of the votes.

So sad you would even have to explain something as simple as this .....

And this "genius" actually claimed my original statement is "a tired old chestnut"...... My god.

The ignorance of certain people who don't even understand the most basic elements of how electrical democracies work is astounding..... And yet they continue to interject their ignorance into the conversation.

• Like 1

A PERFECT example of someone who knows nothing about electoral politics.....

I will say it again.... She won by a 14% landslide by eligible voters who chose to vote. That is a fact and that is what matters.

So yeas, she indeed did represent the vast majority of Thais according to those that had the ability and the will to cast a vote..... And that is all that matters.

So sad you would even have to explain something as simple as this .....

And this "genius" actually claimed my original statement is "a tired old chestnut"...... My god.

The ignorance of certain people who don't even understand the most basic elements of how electrical democracies work is astounding..... And yet they continue to interject their ignorance into the conversation.

Not to mention I suspect that there are babies, children and at least a few others in that total population number that probably don't or can't vote.

How about, "The vast majority of they who were willing and/or able to make it to the polls?" There, does that slight adjustment do anything to wake up your "tired old chestnut?" Not that anything would. Do you have any idea concerning what percentage of those 67.7M have been institutionally (meaning orchestrated by the actual government) and intentionally disenfranchised from this god-forsaken system with no remaining sense of connectedness to it whatsoever? In what conveniently twisted reality from hell do people like you live, anyway?

1. Votes for PTP in 2011, 15.7 million

3. Population of Thailand, 67.7 million

4. 15.7 million is 23.2% of 67.7 million, and that's a long way short of being a "vast majority", I'm afraid.

and yet, EVERYBODY (especially the d-man) knows that she or her party would win an election right now.

EVERYBODY is just your opinion and nothing more.

So how does that reconcile with the many reports that the reds are losing many villages, and the reports that some reds are ready to abandon the shin machine, etc?

Good news they are not going to make the same mistake as with her brother. smile.png

Another step in the right direction trying to do the same as brother won't work this time.

Yeah, because putting someone through a kangaroo court system immediately after the military forcefully overthrows a democratically elected government and shreds the constitution.........where she has absolutely zero chance of receiving a fair trial is awesome. YAY!!!!! JUSTICE!!!!!! facepalm.gif

This nonsense will only drive a deeper wedge in Thai society........plain and simple.

Well, it makes me feel happy!!!biggrin.png

• Like 1

Even if you only count eligible voters, or only those eligible voters who actually voted PTP still didn't receive a majority.

So anyway you cut and dice it, inbangkok, is just trotting out the same old PTP lie as many others often do.

• Like 1

Did you read the wiki you linked to. It says that PTP won 48% of the popular votes (vs. 35% for the Dems). Yes, that does not equate to a 'vast majority', but it's certainly a comfortable win by western standards. Percentage of the population is meaningless, as I'm unaware of any democratic countries that give children the right to vote. What's was it that Mark Twain said about lies and statistics?

• Like 1

Just the same as everybody knows that millions of red shirts and democracy defense volunteers would march on Bangkok if ever the courts held against Yinggy and removed her from office, or the military staged a coup.

wink.png

Not sure the Shins, are the attraction they were. That's the problem when you shit in your own nest. The farmers ain't forgetting and the gravy train the provided funds for sweetening has been derailed.

If that really is the case BB and not just propoganda from the D-man, then all he has to do is hold an election allowing all people to run, win it and the Shins would be done & dusted legitimately and he would have a solid power-base and at the same time end his whining about America etc as they would have to accept democracy, right? But Thaksin was ousted from the job 9 years ago and yet everybody is terrified of him! People (particularly here) keep pissing and moaning about him 9 years on! If what you say is correct - then this would be the opportunity to be rid of him through democracy, right?