Farang neighbour almost sets house on fire out of crowing rage

Thaivisa News

I've been living for over five years in a house with crowing roosters just one door down. Have gotten used to it. In fact, not only have I gotten used to the roosters but the barking dogs too. Even the pickup trucks with the megaphones on top. This is what it's like to live here. This really is a case where the foreigner needs to get used to it or leave for quieter surroundings in a different community or country.

So wise!

Have you ever tried to share your wisdom with a Thai that has lived some years in Farangland?

Please stop with the Thai bashing ! It reminds me of this story a couple of years ago in my home country. This city girl, a journalist, moved to the country side and soon started a conflict with the local farmers because of a smelly pig den that was there long before she moved there, actually was there even before she was even born. She wrote a column in her newspaper to complain how the locals were backwater uneducated inconsiderate deeply annoying people. Then she started garnering the support of her fellow big city intellectuals in her fight against the "peasants". She was so successful that she managed to alienate everybody in the small village where she has decided to moved in that she had to move out before the end of the year.

And there is even more stories of hippies in the seventies who moved to rural communities to come back to the city within a couple of years because they couldn't fit in.

Urban ignorance and stupidity when it comes to rural life knows no border.

You never liked them commie hippies did you?

Hated them. Grew up in the late 70's, was a punk ;-)

MI0000346883.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny, You are a hater right?

I grew up with The Beatles. Loved them.

Next moved to Flower Power & Pink Floyd. Loved them.

Next travelled many times to UK, to see punk in Soho. Loved them.

Oh I forgot hard rock. Loved them.

Now I live in the Thai country side, far from Thai & Farang. Love it.

And if you excuse me, I will now jump in my swimming pool, avoiding our neighbour's chicken shit around the pool. Love it, the pool I mean.

PS. Do you live in Thailand? How do you survive mentally? You too mut selious! (or not?)

Edited by nidieunimaitre

Exactly right. It is illegal in Thailand to have fowl in a town or any built up area due to disease etc BUT as is normal here in Thailand, to hell with the laws. I had such a rooster beside me who just didn't crow in the early morning but all day every 3 minutes. It was driving me mad.

I bought 2 speakers that you could plug a memory stick into (tesco sell them for 4000 baht) and I recorded a bull bellowing (downloaded it for free) and placed the speakers on the inside of my house window on her side. When I went to work in the morning at 7:15, I turned on the speakers and left them on until 5 pm when I returned.

She complained to the puu yai, he came to talk to me and the wife (she goes to work also) and she explained about the neighbors rooster crowing non-stop all day everyday. A compromise was reached and the neighbor gave the rooster to her son. Problem solved and the old bitch doesn't talk to us any more. Double result.

When if affects them it's a different story. Fight fire with fire but be nice. thumbsup.gifwai.gif

I was toying with the idea of doing the exact same thing with my bastard farang neighbour and his buffalo Thai wife who have two dogs who hate each other but are left outside tethered together in a bloody box all day and night snarling and barking (chickens are nothing compared to this). I looked for downloads of loud barking dogs to hook up but then considered my own trained to be quiet dog and my cat. I did er, have a word but merely got the finger from the ignorant fat wife. Then considered a 'silent' whistle/sonar device, but again, my own dog. Glad I saw this post as my next thought was firecrackers. And although I would happily see the whole lot of them burnt to a crisp, the gendarmerie mightn't be sympathetic to my plight. Any suggestions as to any other remedy up to and including a missile launcher greatly appreciated.

I've been living for over five years in a house with crowing roosters just one door down. Have gotten used to it. In fact, not only have I gotten used to the roosters but the barking dogs too. Even the pickup trucks with the megaphones on top. This is what it's like to live here. This really is a case where the foreigner needs to get used to it or leave for quieter surroundings in a different community or country.

So wise!

Have you ever tried to share your wisdom with a Thai that has lived some years in Farangland?

Farangland? You mean Sukhumvit and CTW?

So wise!

Farangland? You mean Sukhumvit and CTW?

What is CTW?

Anyway, I meant Thais that have been exposed to civilized living in Europe.

And if you think I am a Thai basher (I am not), you should hear my wife! Yes, she has spent 4 years in Europe.

At the risk of being off topic (...), this story.

First time for my wife in Europe. Cold. So we buy a package trip to Tenerife. Stayed at a hotel full of Brits. Half hour after booking in, my wife commented: Not only Thailand has loso....

Clever woman, and not a Thai basher or Farang basher.

You could learn from her.

Please stop with the Thai bashing ! It reminds me of this story a couple of years ago in my home country. This city girl, a journalist, moved to the country side and soon started a conflict with the local farmers because of a smelly pig den that was there long before she moved there, actually was there even before she was even born. She wrote a column in her newspaper to complain how the locals were backwater uneducated inconsiderate deeply annoying people. Then she started garnering the support of her fellow big city intellectuals in her fight against the "peasants". She was so successful that she managed to alienate everybody in the small village where she has decided to moved in that she had to move out before the end of the year.

And there is even more stories of hippies in the seventies who moved to rural communities to come back to the city within a couple of years because they couldn't fit in.

Urban ignorance and stupidity when it comes to rural life knows no border.

You never liked them commie hippies did you?

Hated them. Grew up in the late 70's, was a punk ;-)

MI0000346883.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

You grew up in the late 70's? The LATE 70's? And you were a punk?

I hate to remind you that punk ended in 1977. After that there was cabaret punk, same as years before there was cabaret hard rock.

Some 50 years ago, Zappa made a song called "Plastic People".

Very applicable to Thais and Farangs alike.

Never ceased to be amazed by the sense of entitlement certain foreigners have on these forums. Hate dogs, hate chickens, are happy when my Thai neighbours don't talk to me anymore, don't want to speak Thai, can't stand my wife's family blah blah blah and on and on it goes. Must make it a nightmare to live here... in fact if you don't like it so much why not do what most sensible people would do and just move on

No need to move on. Just leave upcountry living to the villagers, and move to a city which

is a more standard environment for the bog standard farang . The dream of a bar girl is to

coral a farang, get him to build a two story cement house in her village, and play queen of

the realm dishing out his money to her relatives. Why any farang buys into that is a constant

source of amazement to me.......

Exactly right. It is illegal in Thailand to have fowl in a town or any built up area due to disease etc BUT as is normal here in Thailand, to hell with the laws. I had such a rooster beside me who just didn't crow in the early morning but all day every 3 minutes. It was driving me mad.

I bought 2 speakers that you could plug a memory stick into (tesco sell them for 4000 baht) and I recorded a bull bellowing (downloaded it for free) and placed the speakers on the inside of my house window on her side. When I went to work in the morning at 7:15, I turned on the speakers and left them on until 5 pm when I returned.

She complained to the puu yai, he came to talk to me and the wife (she goes to work also) and she explained about the neighbors rooster crowing non-stop all day everyday. A compromise was reached and the neighbor gave the rooster to her son. Problem solved and the old bitch doesn't talk to us any more. Double result.

When if affects them it's a different story. Fight fire with fire but be nice. thumbsup.gifwai.gif

I was toying with the idea of doing the exact same thing with my bastard farang neighbour and his buffalo Thai wife who have two dogs who hate each other but are left outside tethered together in a bloody box all day and night snarling and barking (chickens are nothing compared to this). I looked for downloads of loud barking dogs to hook up but then considered my own trained to be quiet dog and my cat. I did er, have a word but merely got the finger from the ignorant fat wife. Then considered a 'silent' whistle/sonar device, but again, my own dog. Glad I saw this post as my next thought was firecrackers. And although I would happily see the whole lot of them burnt to a crisp, the gendarmerie mightn't be sympathetic to my plight. Any suggestions as to any other remedy up to and including a missile launcher greatly appreciated.

About 150g of raisins can be fatal if accidentally eaten by annoying neighbours dogs so I hear.

Never ceased to be amazed by the sense of entitlement certain foreigners have on these forums. Hate dogs, hate chickens, are happy when my Thai neighbours don't talk to me anymore, don't want to speak Thai, can't stand my wife's family blah blah blah and on and on it goes. Must make it a nightmare to live here... in fact if you don't like it so much why not do what most sensible people would do and just move on

No need to move on. Just leave upcountry living to the villagers, and move to a city which

is a more standard environment for the bog standard farang . The dream of a bar girl is to

coral a farang, get him to build a two story cement house in her village, and play queen of

the realm dishing out his money to her relatives. Why any farang buys into that is a constant

And there was nidieunimaitre, worrying to be going off topic.

Chickens in a mooban. Why?

For the same reason as having dogs.

Just simply to have them.

Just like every 5 year old wants to have a goldfish in a small bowl.

When the 5 year old feels like it, he will look at it, talk to it, show it to his friends, or even feed it.

But he will never refresh the water.

Huh?

Can't chicken be bought in the city? And eggs too? Is it even legal to have chickens in a mooban? Most moobans don't allow it

A little off topic, aren't you? It's about attempted arson by one neighbour who can't control himself. It's not about bargirls or farangs buying/building houses in Thailand.

If you have fallen victim to one of the barladies you describe in your post, then you have my deepest sympathy. Start another tread about that topic.

About 150g of raisins can be fatal if accidentally eaten by annoying neighbours dogs so I hear.

And chocolate too, apparently...

A little off topic, aren't you? It's about attempted arson by one neighbour who can't control himself. It's not about bargirls or farangs buying/building houses in Thailand.

If you have fallen victim to one of the barladies you describe in your post, then you have my deepest sympathy. Start another tread about that topic.

No it's not. The foreigner is crazy because he married a bar girl, built the house realised his mistake and on top of all that he has to put up with even more s..t. The " straw the broke the camels back" comes to mind. His extreme behaviour dictates more than just a few clucking Chicks!..

No it's not. The foreigner is crazy because he married a bar girl, built the house realised his mistake and on top of all that he has to put up with even more s..t. The " straw the broke the camels back" comes to mind. His extreme behaviour dictates more than just a few clucking Chicks!..

Where in the article does it state that he married a hooker?

Try to stick to the details and don't let your fantasy run away with you. It is difficult, but with time and practice it can be achieved.

Attempted arson - plain and simple.

Where in the article does it state that he married a hooker?

Try to stick to the details and don't let your fantasy run away with you. It is difficult, but with time and practice it can be achieved.

Attempted arson - plain and simple.

Now the farang knows hes made a terrible mistake, not the hooker but that he threw the fire cracker at the chickens.

He should have thrown it at the lovely sweet old lady living next door. Even the score. Little old lady 1 Farang 1.

I used to not mind being called a farang but recently I feel victimised. The Chinese must also feel the same being called Gin. Yes my anger management has been lacking alot. Is the General brain washing me? He wants me to go back to my home country. Hes good at brain washing, its nearly worked.

I grew up in country Australia and love being woken up by the sound of a rooster crowing, reminds me of home. The little things that people take for granted and the pleasures that those who grew up in cities will never understand. What I hate is city noises and can never sleep, trams, trains,sirens and traffic etc. Give me the peaceful tranquil songs of rural life anytime.

I used reverse psychology many years ago in country Australia when woken up by the neighbour's rooster.annoyed.gif

It used to annoy me but then I told myself to relax, take a deep breaths every time I heard the noise.passifier.gif

After a while I could go back to peaceful sleep as my body got used to relaxing every time I heard the crowing. In fact I got so used to relaxing and going back to sleep when hearing the cock a doodle doo that for years would recall that noise in my mind if awake during the night without any cocks carrying on. rolleyes.gif

So here in not so country Thailand I am completely oblivious to the 6 crowing roosters that I can hear.

But I'm having a problem trying to apply the same technique with the noise of the 8 or more ***** dogs barking all night though,angry.gif

Idiot...luckily he has a reasonable neighbour

IF he had a reasonable neighbour she wouldn't keep bloody chickens while living in an urban housing estate! The WHOLE point is he doesn't have a good neighbour and after 10 incidents she's also pretty ignorant, arrogant or dumb.. Probably all three!

People only notice these things because their bedrooms are too quiet, Always have a fan on, pointing away from you in the cool season. Any small noise outside will disappear, and you will get a good night sleep. White noise. Rain and wind sounds which can be found on the internet are also good.

Oh bxlls - all your holier than thou, enjoy the rural atmosphere etc etc is garbage. When you live in a Moo Baan you can expect normal noises from neighbours - but incessant noises from either uncontrolled animals or uncontrolled humans is anti social - in any society anywhere in the world.

"My poor chickens, arrest and deport this terrorist of chickens". PM Prayuth praises the heroic actions of Jurirat Pathama calling for chicken terrorists to be a main proirity for his government to eradicate them from Thailand. A pole conducted by Suckseed polytechnic says 96% agree with the PM. The new army chief has been notified and says he has sent soldiers to protect chickens nationwide. Mean while the Peoples Democratic Army for Chickens leader Suthep said ducks and geese should also recieve protection from the army as long as they paid him protection money.

Absolutely hilarious post.

This topic is eight months old? Amazed no one mentioned using 'white noise' i.e. a couple of fans going in the bedroom, or even downloadable white noise from the internet. It will cover up most noises, chickens, cars, bikes, talking, music. If your bedroom is completely silent at night, you will be disturbed by every little noise.

I'm even more amazed than you, that you can't remember that you already mentioned "white noise" 9 months ago.

gigglem.gif