Yamaha Exciter 150 (aka Spark, Sniper, Jupiter)

ttakata

:o

83841412269686a6ecf58d5d21383e8b.jpg

Gosh, is that really necessary?

The next upgrade will be a "saleng" (side car) I guess...

That box does the job just perfectly.

I am not very picky about the looks of a "scooter".

It's a tool, a very good one for the task.

Eh! Its a bloody motorbike!!!!!!

Edited by roo860

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Warning, I don't think your crate is made of a strong UV stable plastic like polypropelene.

Its going to crack apart and possibly kill the rider behind you.

The only crate I would trust would be specifically made to haul milk, beer, or water for commercial deliveries.

Go to a bar and buy a Chang beer crate, it is meant to sit outdoors and not shatter like some Tesco junk.

Or really you should buy a motorcycle specific topbin from Shad, Coocase, or Givi so it can last forever in the sun.

Edited by ttakata

• 2 months later...

With rack.

Hi, did you purchase this from the Yamaha dealer? Can't find any info online. Can you mount a top box to this rack? Thanks.

yes , original yamaha accessory

but be prepared for them to deny its existence, the girls in the shop did initially until proven that it did exist (as always)

yes can mount top-box.

but i find the crate with some rubber-straps to be way much more useful un daily life.

Edited by seedy
fotos

Ride a PCX for town chores, but more than 70K. Many folks here like the Yamaha GT125. Memory serves - about 40-45K. Can't beat that - full auto for not much more than a Honda Wave, and lots easier to ride in the big city.

Ride a PCX for town chores, but more than 70K. Many folks here like the Yamaha GT125. Memory serves - about 40-45K. Can't beat that - full auto for not much more than a Honda Wave, and lots easier to ride in the big city.

Cannot beat the Yamaha GT125 at 43500฿. I have one.

Save your money.

LINK

_3.jpg

How does a conversation about an underbone motorcycle turn into a discussion about two automatic scooters?

The Exciter is excellent value for money, in my humble opinion.If I were a single man, it would be one of my 4 bikes - Suzuki GD110, Yamaha Exciter, Kawasaki Z300 and a Yamaha SR400.

The Exciter is the nippy quick one for getting through city traffic (the Suzuki for shopping, I'd stick a basket on the back, the Z300 for a blast into the mountains for a day and the SR400 for long distance). Nippy through city traffic is what oval wanted I think.

With rack.

Hi, did you purchase this from the Yamaha dealer? Can't find any info online. Can you mount a top box to this rack? Thanks.

but be prepared for them to deny its existence, the girls in the shop did initially until proven that it did exist (as always)

yes can mount top-box.

but i find the crate with some rubber-straps to be way much more useful un daily life.

Thanks. Can you tell me the model number for this part? Nobody in Vietnam has heard of it. ?

Also, how much did this cost? Thank you.

Found a shop here that sells givi boxes. Need to secure a full face helmet or it will disappear for sure.

With rack.

yes can mount top-box.

Thanks. Can you tell me the model number for this part? Nobody in Vietnam has heard of it. ?

Also, how much did this cost? Thank you.

Found a shop here that sells givi boxes. Need to secure a full face helmet or it will disappear for sure.

http://www.yamaha-motor.co.th/automotive/upload/BROCHURE/64/yamaha_exciter_150_acc.pdf

2ND-RACKR-03-SV

1400 baht

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome bike rode my friends while i visited him in Chiang Mai last weekend. I sold my X1r and Sonic but will look around bangkok for one of these.

Only thing i dislike is the scooter front/head light looks horrible, but you can always pop that off and drop the bars and maybe put a shield. like all the underbone manuals there will be tons of aftermarket parts.

Not sure what that would cost though. Anyone know?

post-181728-0-65635500-1461345777_thumb.

post-181728-0-87295800-1461345827_thumb.

Edited by nbuff

Awesome bike rode my friends while i visited him in Chiang Mai last weekend. I sold my X1r and Sonic but will look around bangkok for one of these.

Only thing i dislike is the scooter front/head light looks horrible, but you can always pop that off and drop the bars and maybe put a shield. like all the underbone manuals there will be tons of aftermarket parts.

Yamaha is doing great things these days but they missed the boat by not including clip-ons with this bike.

• 3 weeks later...

Yamaha is doing great things these days but they missed the boat by not including clip-ons with this bike.

papa had a Raider once.

Since no racing, replaced clip-ons with regular bar.

Mo bedda.

papa had a Raider once.

Since no racing, replaced clip-ons with regular bar.

Mo bedda.

I bet Papas got a brand new bag as well!

• 2 months later...

nice bike.

look as R3 this out tank and cost more than double less.

Even color have movistar

• 4 months later...

Old thread, but has anyone bought the Exciter? Are you pleased with it? I sat on one in a Chiang Rai dealer last year and I was impressed. The only advantage a Wave has is underseat storage. I'd earmarked an Exciter as my first bike when I make the move in July next year, but as I'm visiting soon, I'll have another look at it. 

I've had my Raider for awhile now. Wanted something with traditional clutch. As far as power goes, a Wave 125 would be fine.

The Raider is a fun bike. Yamaha's are a better buy in my opinion. The Exciter is a bigger looking bike.

Since I bought the Raider many more choices of bikes have become available.

On 2/9/2015 at 8:09 AM, papa al said:

Thanks for starting this thread.

Yam never sold a lot of the 135Sparks here despite their good performance.

The Exciter with better tire sizing, increased displacement and one more gear may pique more interest, we'll see.

Going to 2-valves from 4... to lower the power band?

From the vid it looks like top end is ~135 indicated, same as before.

Sounds a bit scary, but the VN rider does it in flip flops, 5 5 .

One drawback of Sparky that few realize is the smallish max load recommended by manufacturer:

something like 235 lbs, (107kg)...limiting for 2-up operation.

Curious to see this speck on the 150.

Is the Exciter to be offered here?

Variety is the spice of life.

(that's what the judge is gonna tell my wife.)

The exciter is in Chiang Mai saw one at the local Rimping store a few days ago. Nice looking bike except for the headlight assembly