Yamaha Exciter 150 (aka Spark, Sniper, Jupiter)

ttakata

I'd like to see that.

(Front wheel driving.)

well,.... front wheel drive on bikes excists :-)

attachicon.gifsolex 01.jpgattachicon.gifsolex race.jpgattachicon.gifSolex.jpgattachicon.gifrace solex.jpg

Ah the Solex.....

I rode one other those Solex bikes in Denmark in the 70's, reliable but lots of vibration, otherwise okay for a short trip, any more than a few km at it made your fingers numb, in both hands.

Looked at an Exciter yesterday and it felt quite comfortable for me, a little bigger than the Wave. 150cc should go a bit, just the step through looks...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone knows the official accessories?

Top box price?

I paid 1800B for a Givi 30L topbox from Yamaha,it's the quick release model and a rack for a Spark was about 600B.

Sorry,don't know about the accessories.

Top box price?

I paid 1800B for a Givi 30L topbox from Yamaha,it's the quick release model and a rack for a Spark was about 600B.

Thanks.

It's the rack then.

Need one of those.

Thought it was a package with top box and all.

Top box price?

Rack for exciter 150.

1000 baht +

Don't remember, maybe 1100.

I ordered one.

3 days delivery time.

So, is the Exciter exciting?

Just drove it home from the shop and went to CM for loy kratong.

Gearbox very smooth.

Upshifts smoothly without clutch at no load.

Today I realized it has a kick start.

Also you can open the seat without removing key from ignition.

Good feature.

Complete manual in Thai, not funny.

I was fairly happy with the spark 135, but this bike resolves all drawbacks of that bike.

Tubeless. (#2)

Bigger / wider tires. (#2)

Manual clutch allows better control, smother shifting. (#1)

1 gear more. (#3)

Nicer instruments cluster with rpm.

Waiting for my rack to arrive.

Tomorrow will be first "real" drive.

I have a seven year old Sonic, tough as nails in my opinion and never let me down, however I think its time to let go and replace it with something a little bit more modern. Would this Exciter be more suitable and what other models should I consider?. Looked at the new Wave recently and that seemed ok. We only have Honda and Yamaha dealer in the town where I live.

I have a seven year old Sonic, tough as nails in my opinion and never let me down, however I think its time to let go and replace it with something a little bit more modern. Would this Exciter be more suitable and what other models should I consider?. Looked at the new Wave recently and that seemed ok. We only have Honda and Yamaha dealer in the town where I live.

If you want to treat yourself to a new bike then yes Exciter is "just like" a Sonic. Depends on your needs and riding habits.

Is your existing bike is OK. I would take a long look at it and then take it to Honda and get them to fix replace whatever you think is getting a bit tired. As long as you have kept oil in it and always had green coolant in the radiator the engine is probably OK. Depends of course on mileage but a new piston and rings are cheap.New tires, new brakes, new headlight, couple of bits of new plastic? No point in throwing the old girl out just because she is looking a bit tired.

Stuck on Honda? Hang on a few weeks/months? Honda already has a Sonic 150 in Indonesia so it maybe coming here.

Can't lose with a Wave of course, but Exciter is way more exciting.

(get the Yamaha)

• 3 weeks later...

yesterday papa riding his ceeber150 on beautiful smooth, steep and twisty road in Nan.

Noticed two bikes closing in from behind.

slowed and let an Exciter and the new Yamaha150 road bike pass.

Fell in behind the boys for a few miles.

Very fun!

Archived