Farang robs Pattaya exchange shop

Thaivisa News

Farang robs Pattaya exchange shop

Pattaya, Chon Buri: - An English-speaking man robbed a money exchange shop in Pattaya Sunday night and made off with Bt200,000 in Thai bank notes, police said.

The robbery against the Rachata Exchange shop on Soi 16 off Pattaya Sai Sarm road in Chon Buri’s Bang Lamung district prompted Pattaya police chief Pol Col Sukthat Pumphanmuang to rush to the scene with investigators. The shop is owned by Suwat Rachatawatanakul, 58, who is deputy mayor of Tambon Nongplue Municipality.

The robbery took place at 9 pm while Suwat was walking into the shop to talk to his relative he hired to take care of the business. Suwat said a man, who appeared large and tall and who wore black, walked after him and used a gun to force him into the shop.

Suwat said he could not see the man’s face as he was wearing a dark-tinted helmet.

The man pointed the gun to Suwat’s relative and speak “Sit down” in English. Suwat said the robber then emptied the drawer which had about Bt200,000 in Thai bank notes and fled.

Suwat said his sister ran after the robber and tried but failed to take the money back. The man ran out of the shop and fled on his motorcycle parked in front. Suwat did not notice the make and license plate of the motorcycle.

The Pattaya police chief said the robbery was recorded by shop’s security camera and he will have investigators launch a manhunt based on characteristics seen in the security footage.

No one has done it yet, so I'll do it.

Fake!

How did the bandit know the guy was the owner when he followed him in? That the owner just happened to be there when this happened, and so on.

Wanna bet that the video will be unclear, or inconclusive?

Edited by bendejo

No one has done it yet, so I'll do it.

Fake!

How did the bandit know the guy was the owner when he followed him in? That the owner just happened to be there when this happened, and so on.

Wanna bet that the video will be unclear, or inconclusive?

Obviously the robbers girlfriend had previously worked there , either inside job or the Lone Ranger cased the joint for a wee while beforehand... or perhaps a disgruntled ex-customer..! Whatever, I hope he gets caught before he really does shoot someone. facepalm.gif

Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice. I read about the Mad Hatter and the Doormouse (the owner and his relative) and the March Hare (the police chief who rushed to the Mayor's business after hours declaring "I'm late, I'm late!").

Obviously, the Cheshire Cat did it. No smile this time, just the words "Sit down" being his fading metaphoric ex-patriotic grin...

Charles Dodgson solved this crime in 1865.

Case closed.

blink.png

• Like 2

Where were the foreign currencies? Either the clueless robber missed them or the story is not the whole truth.

p.s. "Sit down," is part of the brainless chorus that every Prathom 3 students parrots and continues to do so for the next 15 years with little progress.

Given the fact that the local Plod could not find their own hats even if they were on their own heads... this story does not surprise me at all. I will not say anymore. But what does really raise an eyebrow is the fact that the police "rushed" anywhere! But that was explained as the 'victim' was the mayor (or something)!