How many animals do you have at home?

krisb

7 cats, 3 dogs and would be 5 but for the stinking Thai drive by and killing two of them., 7 turkeys, 15 chicken, 2 ducks 2 geeses, 10 assorted other birds, mostly doves numerous gin goks, some cockroaches, lots of ants and flys. think that does it.

keep em off the road then

Haven't got any.........not any more.........never again......don't want to know about furry mammals.

Got enough abuse on TVF about my mammals and my devotion to the General.

From now on I'm keeping my mouth shut.

You are the losers.....not me......you will never be enlightened.

C'mon my little furry friends........time for milking now, daddy is only upset with these horrible people on TVF.......never with you.

• Like 1

post-121763-0-89528600-1423484630_thumb.

Also have a giraffe and a few more scary little things. I love them and they never need feeding, vets, or cleaning up after them. They never make noise at night and I tell them all my woes when "she who must be obeyed" is not talking to me. Another reason why I love Thailand....at home I would never be able to have my "zoo" in my front garden. Thai have a lovely imagination when it comes to stuff like this....we Westerners can be too serious at times....me thinks.

• Like 1

DSC00366.JPG

Also have a giraffe and a few more scary little things. I love them and they never need feeding, vets, or cleaning up after them. They never make noise at night and I tell them all my woes when "she who must be obeyed" is not talking to me. Another reason why I love Thailand....at home I would never be able to have my "zoo" in my front garden. Thai have a lovely imagination when it comes to stuff like this....we Westerners can be too serious at times....me thinks.

So what's a concrete tiger worth these days?

I get easily confused these days. What's a pet, what's for dinner.

These are the pets / whatever that the 'family' have that I end up supporting:

2 decorative fish ponds.

1 stocked fish pond for occasional net dining.

2 small yappy dogs,

1 kitten that just appeared on our couch out of nowhere

2 birds

2 hand-fed flying squirrels

1 Hedgehog

300 frogs

18 chickens that don't even belong to us

2 large jars full of bugs (I stopped asking)

• Like 1

I get easily confused these days. What's a pet, what's for dinner.

These are the pets / whatever that the 'family' have that I end up supporting:

2 decorative fish ponds.

1 stocked fish pond for occasional net dining.

2 small yappy dogs,

1 kitten that just appeared on our couch out of nowhere

2 birds

2 hand-fed flying squirrels

1 Hedgehog

300 frogs

18 chickens that don't even belong to us

2 large jars full of bugs (I stopped asking)

Seriously a pet hedgehog?

Are they friendly beasts?

One or two cats. But they don't last more than a year before going 'walkabout' or getting run over. Currently one cat, three catfish and innumerable guppies. No kids or deadbeat relatives. Just me, the wife and the pets. Unless you want to count the cockroaches under the fridge.

As the question did not specify home in Thailand, I will tender the current inventory in Arizona... Two dogs, four cats, (done from thirty odd, wherever the heck they all came from), and one old retired mare. In recent time as many as four horses, goats, yaks, and a variable flock of chickens. Many transient cattle.
I see no reason to change habits when finally ensconced in Thailand. Most of my Thai friends either have or would like to have animal family members.
I was happy to befriend many of the ubiquitous cats and dogs in the neighbourhood during my two month visit to Bkk.

3 x dogs,15 x wild pigs, 10 x ducks, 22 x chickens, 2 x geese and 1 x monkey

Really a monkey?

How much does a monkey cost to buy?

Think she was only about 2000 baht.

We live close to the Cambodian border and some locals were picking mushrooms in the jungle and found her as a baby - think the hunters must have killed the mother.