Pattaya: Skydivers lucky to live after their plane dives into them (VIDEO)

webfact

Skydivers lucky to live after their plane dives into them (VIDEO)
By Coconuts Bangkok

PATTAYA: -- A skydiver over Pattaya got more thrills than she paid for when the plane she’d just jumped from with an instructor dove directly into them, clipping their parachute.

Jump instructor Forest Pullman was strapped to the back of the woman-diver and filming the jump when, moments after leaving the plane, he can be seen pointing out the approaching plane.

“After an uneventful exit the pilot dove the airplane 180 degrees right at me and my tandem passenger,” Pullman captioned the video, which was uploaded Friday and widely shared today. “How did we get so lucky? Not sure.”

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/02/09/skydivers-lucky-live-after-their-plane-dives-them-video

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-02-09

Was the Pilot Thai by any chance???

Only took three postscoffee1.gif

From a Tripadvisor posting: "Wayne, Frank, Sandra, Honey, and Graeme as well as being placed directly on target by Julian at the controls of the Porter"

All very Thai names indeed.

• Like 1

Posted by a former tandem master with 5,200 leaps: It appears his main deployed in spite of being fouled by the A/C and he did not have to pull his reserve. The reserve pud was still stowed in his harness. Whew! I've had had a few choice words with that hotdogging pilot...in way too big of a hurry to get down to pick up another load (D-4353).

Was the Pilot Thai by any chance???

Only took three postscoffee1.gif

From a Tripadvisor posting: "Wayne, Frank, Sandra, Honey, and Graeme as well as being placed directly on target by Julian at the controls of the Porter"

All very Thai names indeed.

Well, Julian needs a smack upside his head.

• Like 1

Something similar happened to me about 30 years ago jumping out if Issaquah Washington. My group jumped from 11,500 feet, and the pilot calls "Bombs Away". That is the signal for the plane at 3500 feet to clear the DZ. Well, she didn't and I missed her by 100 feet going 120mph. I most decidedly had a word with her as soon as she landed.

If you watch the video on YouTube, scroll down the comments to agbugger's remark..............smile.png

Slight variation to it is:

"Lucky she was a gook. They never know what the flock is going on around them"

As un-PC as that may be, I'm still laughing.................tongue.png

Just to take the seriousness away from the clip.

Two very lucky people there.

• Like 1