Engine cooling system ? How often do you add water ? And is it normal to have to add ?

Bullshit. Whilst LPG cars do have a slightly higher CHT it is nothing near what would be required to warp the head.

So if you're so smart why ask the question? I said nothing about it being hot enough to warp the head so I guess the problem is more with your comprehension Megadon, so you're the one talking BS as per usual.. You're clueless about why LP would be a problem and now suddenly you know everything? rolleyes.gifcoffee1.gif So typical.. Hmm, I see now why you were unable to understand as you think only in absolute terms, there are different grades of warping you know? Call them distortions if that suits your intellect better? The entire head can warp at higher temps as happens when running dry but even still those temps are not really any hotter then the head can get at contact points within the combustion chamber where the head and block meet and yet the head warps even with it being heavily torqued down.

So how does the genius who never answers with comprehensive explanations only rudely strikes down and challenges others factual explanations think that a head can warp at temps actually in most cases lower then is seen in the combustion chamber in smaller areas like the thin spaces between combustion and water chambers? We anxiously await your explanation to us lower life forms, oh wise one!

Edited by WarpSpeed
  • Like 2

If there is that much additional heat then the cooling system is below par.

I drove a V6 Ford Granada for around 250,000 miles for work, during it's life I had the cast iron heads skimmed once cos gasket failure on one bank, and replaced one head cos of crack between valves.

• Like 1

I drove a V6 Ford Granada for around 250,000 miles for work, during it's life I had the cast iron heads skimmed once cos gasket failure on one bank, and replaced one head cos of crack between valves.

Crappy company you worked for - I've never had a company car go past 60,000 KM's on the clock before getting a new one :P

Crappy company you worked for - I've never had a company car go past 60,000 KM's on the clock before getting a new one tongue.png

Self employed, mini cab driver, my rascal years..........whistling.gif .........Long time ago........smile.png

• Like 1

Nonsense, it has naught to do with the cooling system, it has to do with combustion chamber temps, LP runs hotter and drier then benzine (gasoline). Which is also why the valves are in more jeopardy as well.

Don ..may I suggest that you visit and stay in another forum as it is obvious you know little or even <deleted> all about the subjects discussed here. That is not a problem in itself... it you want to learn then please read and try and comprehend and ask if you can't.

Please don't make statments/comments that are incorrect/worthless.

Some make very valid observations here ... lets keep this forum trol less enjoy the rest of your day.

Well stated JAS....

Crappy company you worked for - I've never had a company car go past 60,000 KM's on the clock before getting a new one tongue.png

Self employed, mini cab driver, my rascal years..........whistling.gif .........Long time ago........smile.png

Like he said, crappy company wink.png ...... tongue.png