Is anyone ill in Chiang Mai?

JulieM

In reply to Chicog about flu shots....the only time I ever got one of these, it resulted in the worst flu/bug that I've ever experienced. And as the saying goes....once bitten, twice shy. I will never get a flu shot again.

That's not to say it won't work for the majority of others.

Just my experience for what it's worth.

I share exactly the same experience as CMKiwi.

Uses to get flu annually but nary a sniffle since I started getting a shot each September.

• Like 1

I had a cold when the 'Cooler' weather started, first time for about ten years.

I am sensitive to our 'Clag' and normally go away for March, which has worse atmospher for Chiang Mai IMHO.

I use the practical method to tell if the air quality is bad, nose, mouth, eyes and throat.

This year I have not developed a Cough which is my first sign of bad.

I have plans to be away to the coast if our situation deteriorates but so far the visibility across town is not too bad, not Good but acceptable.

john

Every time I or my partner fly, we get flue like symptoms a few days later.

Have checked this over 2 year period, No flying for a month or so, not sick!

Over the last 6 months the symptoms have been worse and take longer to go away.

Rest and lots of water seem to be the best cure, but now take longer!

That's what 'flu shots are for.

Which flu..........?

What types of flu shots or influenza vaccines are available?

Flu vaccines now come in two forms: trivalent vaccines protect against three flu strains (two Influenza A viruses and one Influenza B virus), while quadrivalent vaccines protect against four flu strains (two Influenza A and two Influenza B viruses). The traditional flu shot is available in both trivalent and quadrivalent forms, the high-dose flu shot and the intradermal flu shot only in the trivalent form, and the nasal spray flu vaccine only in the quadrivalent form.

Can you teach us all how to copy and paste from an internet webpage !!

I had a not-so-common common cold last month that lasted three weeks. No fever, just ordinary cold symptoms; cough, congestion, sneezing, etc., which lasted about two weeks, and coughing lasted three. Several of my friends had the very same. One went to the doctor at Loi Kraw who prescribed antibiotics, but he didn't get well any faster than the rest of us. All of us... three weeks!

"prescribed antibiotics" what a stupid doc! Don't visit him again. Ibuprofen would be Gold Standard!

That's what 'flu shots are for.

Which flu..........?

What types of flu shots or influenza vaccines are available?

Flu vaccines now come in two forms: trivalent vaccines protect against three flu strains (two Influenza A viruses and one Influenza B virus), while quadrivalent vaccines protect against four flu strains (two Influenza A and two Influenza B viruses). The traditional flu shot is available in both trivalent and quadrivalent forms, the high-dose flu shot and the intradermal flu shot only in the trivalent form, and the nasal spray flu vaccine only in the quadrivalent form.

Can you teach us all how to copy and paste from an internet webpage !!

There are other kinds of webpage?

I had a not-so-common common cold last month that lasted three weeks. No fever, just ordinary cold symptoms; cough, congestion, sneezing, etc., which lasted about two weeks, and coughing lasted three. Several of my friends had the very same. One went to the doctor at Loi Kraw who prescribed antibiotics, but he didn't get well any faster than the rest of us. All of us... three weeks!

I was ill the whole time in CM last week, Monday till Friday, cold and flu like systoms and aching joints.

On return to Phuket I am fine again. I put it down to dirty air on Thai Smile.

It's not flu it's bronchitis. Have been stuck with it for a month. Didn't go to see doctor (more anti biotics bah.gif ) but found that thyme infusion helped a lot - as well as thyme inhalation as expectorant. Gone in 3 days... Even better if you can put your hand on thyme essential oil...

Be well soon.

"prescribed antibiotics" what a stupid doc! Don't visit him again. Ibuprofen would be Gold Standard!

There is some reasoning here; antibiotics are no use against a virus, but they certainly help with bacterial infections.

An old saying about colds is, if you treat them, they'll clear up in 2 weeks; let it cure itself and it's all over in a fortnight.

But sure, there are plenty of nice ways to numb the feelings - just a pity about the import tax and duty.

Thursday 10th Feb. 2015, 18.30 hrs: - Looked S.E and saw (plus photographed) four huge vapor trails up high going in different directions (not commercial aircraft), but seemed to terminate near Phitsanulok City and probably started around 18.00hrs. or earlier. Never seen this in the NW region of Thailand before, but more common in the south, so maybe they are chemical based per courtesy of a well known western government, who started to experiment with this around three decades ago to cause flu-like symptoms. These pharmaceuticals(??) are now so advanced that there are about 600 in the form of viruses that can disable or annihilate even to the point of being race / genetic selective. Another form is a micro-fine dust that mechanically infiltrates and disables the lungs.

(For more general information go to www.coalitionagainstgeoengineering.org).

PS. – Two years of intensive American research proved that natural Influenza is simply a symptom of ‘lack of Vitamin-D;’ - Easily rectified by sunbathing each day or taking Vitamin-D tablets.

Thursday 10th Feb. 2015, 18.30 hrs: - Looked S.E and saw (plus photographed) four huge vapor trails up high going in different directions (not commercial aircraft), but seemed to terminate near Phitsanulok City and probably started around 18.00hrs. or earlier. Never seen this in the NW region of Thailand before, but more common in the south, so maybe they are chemical based per courtesy of a well known western government, who started to experiment with this around three decades ago to cause flu-like symptoms. These pharmaceuticals(??) are now so advanced that there are about 600 in the form of viruses that can disable or annihilate even to the point of being race / genetic selective. Another form is a micro-fine dust that mechanically infiltrates and disables the lungs.

(For more general information go to www.coalitionagainstgeoengineering.org).

PS. – Two years of intensive American research proved that natural Influenza is simply a symptom of ‘lack of Vitamin-D;’ - Easily rectified by sunbathing each day or taking Vitamin-D tablets.

Are you sure it's not Aliens? A pre-invasion weakening to make it easier for them to take over? They are here now, aren't they? Running the vending carts and spreading Alien cultures to the unsuspecting masses. That Som Tam you ate for lunch is really an inoculated culture of Alien babies set to take over our bodies. Did you eat it?

Frankly, I think it's caused by Evil Spirits.

Edited by FolkGuitar
  • Like 1

I strongly suggest that 'Folk Guitar' does some research and www.alieninterveiw.com is a good starting point. He correctly surmises that it is a pre-weakening strategy, but not by aliens as such; - Instead by those who seek total world dominance. "I have identified our enemy, and it be us." We have to look at "the big picture" and small local events are only part of a much bigger 'jig saw puzzle' for the uninformed.

transam, on 13 Feb 2015 - 15:26, said:
FolkGuitar, on 13 Feb 2015 - 15:22, said:

Yep............thats the one..................sad.png

Same, same..............went around Roi Et last month.

That was followed by a nasty tummy bug. 5 days cemented to the toilet.

Thais and farangs have suffered both and medication didn't make recovery any quicker than those who didn't take medication.

Just got to let it take it's course.

I strongly suggest that 'Folk Guitar' does some research and www.alieninterveiw.com is a good starting point. He correctly surmises that it is a pre-weakening strategy, but not by aliens as such; - Instead by those who seek total world dominance. "I have identified our enemy, and it be us." We have to look at "the big picture" and small local events are only part of a much bigger 'jig saw puzzle' for the uninformed.

As long as I make sure there are no rips or tears in my aluminum foil hat liner, I figure I'm pretty safe.

From late January to sometime in March the air quality in CM changes from good to very poor. The farmers are burning their fields in preparation for seeding. This phenominon occurs all over Asia causing all types of respitory ailments. Viruses at this time make things worse for the stricken. The irritation caused by the air pollution gives bacteria and viruses more opportunity to get nto our body. Seen it for 8 years now. In this time of year its good to wear filtration masks for protection.