Pattaya completes beggar sweep

Rimmer

Pattaya completes beggar sweep

n6beggars-1.jpg

PATTAYA:--Pattaya-area officials carried out their part of a nationwide Jan. 26-30 crackdown on beggars to address problems with human trafficking and social inequality.

After the cleanup ordered by the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security, Pattaya and Nongprue officials announced Jan. 30 they’d picked up a trio of people to place at a relief center on Sukhumvit Soi 3.

The campaign carried the motto of “Policy, Protection, and Prevention” with Pattaya and Nongprue Sub-district responding to the central government’s calls to reduce social inequality, and prevent and solve human trafficking, illegal aliens, and oppression of the alien-labor.

Sub. Lt. Pramote Tabtim, deputy clerk of Nongprue, said the government has policies to reduce social inequality, and to prevent and solve human trafficking, illegal aliens, oppression of alien labor, sex tourism, child prostitution, and beggar problems by assigning the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security to work with relevant agencies in finding measures toward sustainable and concrete solutions to these problems.

Pattaya City Manager Pakorn Sukhonthachat instructed Pattaya municipal officials and the city Social Welfare Department to arrest beggars throughout Pattaya, starting at a busy area at a South Pattaya’s Grand Hall Market.

Authorities inspected the empty field behind the market’s parking lot and found there were beggars and homeless camping there. Initially, authorities only watched them to prevent them from causing troubles while finding the land owner to request legal actions against them.

Pattaya and Nongprue carried out the operation in every community of Pattaya and initially arrested three beggars who were put under the care of the relief center for people suffering social problems.

- See more at: http://www.pattayamail.com/localnews/pattaya-completes-beggar-sweep-44877#sthash.YEL8AViG.dpuf

pattayamaillogo.png
-- Pattaya Mail 2015-02-13 footer_n.gif

How about a scammer sweep? Jet ski sweep? Illegal gun sweep?

Just this morning police et al were on Jomtien beach taking away stray dogs (but somewhat adopted by we long term types). Most of the tourists did not look happy about this use of police and manpower. I walked over and asked "Guess you guys have all the jet ski operators already rounded up, so have time for this, eh?"

I guess enforcing road rules must come after the beggars and soi dogs... eh!

And if they enforce parking rules, people complain about enforcing beach concessionaires first.

And if they enforce road rules, people complain about not catching every thief first.

And if the catch some petty thieves, why haven' they caught every murderer?

Unlike some posters with a single-minded agenda, possibly the authorities are capable of focusing on more than one thing at a time.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

My biggest problem with beggars is when they use young children as touts. That is the worst of the worst, especially the Gypsies that are well known for deformation of children in this regard. If you can appear to be an amputee or are really an amputee than another level, use a child and create an amputee, should be the death sentence.

• Like 2

Arresting people for being poor. Thank goodness for leaders with vision.

Is that really the case? Arrested for being poor?

I read that the three beggars were arrested and put under the care of the relief center for people suffering social problems. Thank goodness for leaders with vision.

My biggest problem with beggars is when they use young children as touts. That is the worst of the worst, especially the Gypsies that are well known for deformation of children in this regard. If you can appear to be an amputee or are really an amputee than another level, use a child and create an amputee, should be the death sentence.

"Gypsies" "deformation of children" what century do you live in?

Why do I get the strange feeling everytime I read one of these articles about subjects like these is that tackling human trafficking in the LOS means arresting and fining bargirls, karoake dek ying, massage workers, go-go dancers, and katoeys for alledged prostitution while the owners of the raided establishments are away on vacation in Macau or Dubai. Aaaah, it's probably just all in my head. I must be confused.blink.png

• Like 1

Guess you never been to india then? You can save a few bucks by watching slumdog millionaire... its not far off the truth

Guess you never been to india then? You can save a few bucks by watching slumdog millionaire... its not far off the truth
What an interesting, tolerant person you must be. No doubt a pleasure to spend time with. Obviously well travelled and well educated.

Thank you for giving me the benefit of your knowledge.

Bye the bye, yes I have been in India.