UK General Elections 2015: Who you voting for?

Zero hours contracts, welfare cuts, food banks, a minimum wage fast becoming the national wage, wanting to deny healthcare to expats, many of whom will have paid a good deal into the system, the bedroom tax...

I wouldn't p!ss on Cameron and Ian Scumbag-Smith if they were on fire.

"I wouldn't p!ss on ... "

I would ! laugh.png

At the most-recent party-conference, PM Cameron appealed for another term, and said that we should then judge him on his record.

But I'm happy to judge him, on the many broken promises during his first term, why wait for another five years ?

And as for the notion of returning power to Labour, after the stunning economic-achievements under Blair & Brown, I believe that it ought to take decades, for the memory to fade and another chance be given to them. All those boring Budgets talking about 'prudence', while being the exact opposite !

So I;m voting UKIP in South Thanet, if my postal-voting-slip ever arrives, although I was tempted by this candidate too !

httpswww.youtube.com/watch?v=IVNzNw0rOPs

The problem Ricardo is that unfortunately UKIP is not expected to win more than 5 seats, so a vote for them will elect Labor most probably

Labour won't be able to govern without the SNP, who will try to pull Ed off the fence and to the left.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem Ricardo is that unfortunately UKIP is not expected to win more than 5 seats, so a vote for them will elect Labor most probably

I'll be happy if they can take 15-20 seats, that should be sufficient, to wake up the main parties.

If the voters do go out and support UKIP, at least in the constituencies where they have a decent candidate standing, then they might exceed expectations.

Then again, if you're right and a party currently polling 24% of the vote, can only win 1% of the seats in Parliament, doesn't that just go to prove that something is seriously wrong/broken with the British democratic-system ?

It is a fact that you do need to vote over 25% to start and make an impact on the 1st past the post system, UKIP are not likely be forming a government, but if they can get over 20% then the next election will be a different kettle of fish. In the current situation UKIP are natural allies of the Conservatives and the Lib Dems will do anything to get a seat at the table, the last thing they want is to see Farage take their place. The fringe parties will continue to battle hard but not many are going to go for Green, Plyad oustide of Wales and SNP out of Scotland, the question is how many will they get in their own country?

What is likely to happen is that the party's with the big votes will probably cancel each other ( so you forgot about the dire financial position 5 years ago and remembered the austerity?). They will then look at who they can form a govt with, who is nearest to their manifesto, it makes interesting combinations, so maybe no-one will end up with what they voted for.

At the moment, the IMF seems to think the UK HMG have done a good job, so externally they would like a continuation of the same, thinks appear to be good and the pound has started to go up as a growing economy would require ( that is good for all of us ) then you would think we should all vote for more of the same, so why are we all ( well most ) thinking of voting otherwise,perhaps they forgot when they asked for our support that they want to deny us NHS support ( how many are likely to go back for this service?) and forgetting about re-instating our annual pension increases, a monumental gaff before the election or bit of honesty?

Well you have to decide, personally I want to see our Armed forces restored to what they were in the past, lets say the 70's because HMG will still want the forces to do the country's will with ever smaller numbers and less equipment, want a referendum on the EU ( formerly the EEC) and anyone who can put my tax allowance up is worth looking at, the present coalition did ok in the last period although we as Pensioners have had to wait for the working man to catch with our little perk.

Still UKIP for me, they seem to say what I think the general public think and that includes me.

No one likes or dislikes all of the manifesto's, you cant cherry pick , so its a gut feeling where you reside, either way non of them will be able to deliver all that they promise, they just want your vote, then you F--- off for another 5 years.

It is a fact that you do need to vote over 25% to start and make an impact on the 1st past the post system, UKIP are not likely be forming a government, but if they can get over 20% then the next election will be a different kettle of fish. In the current situation UKIP are natural allies of the Conservatives and the Lib Dems will do anything to get a seat at the table, the last thing they want is to see Farage take their place. The fringe parties will continue to battle hard but not many are going to go for Green, Plyad oustide of Wales and SNP out of Scotland, the question is how many will they get in their own country?

What is likely to happen is that the party's with the big votes will probably cancel each other ( so you forgot about the dire financial position 5 years ago and remembered the austerity?). They will then look at who they can form a govt with, who is nearest to their manifesto, it makes interesting combinations, so maybe no-one will end up with what they voted for.

At the moment, the IMF seems to think the UK HMG have done a good job, so externally they would like a continuation of the same, thinks appear to be good and the pound has started to go up as a growing economy would require ( that is good for all of us ) then you would think we should all vote for more of the same, so why are we all ( well most ) thinking of voting otherwise,perhaps they forgot when they asked for our support that they want to deny us NHS support ( how many are likely to go back for this service?) and forgetting about re-instating our annual pension increases, a monumental gaff before the election or bit of honesty?

Well you have to decide, personally I want to see our Armed forces restored to what they were in the past, lets say the 70's because HMG will still want the forces to do the country's will with ever smaller numbers and less equipment, want a referendum on the EU ( formerly the EEC) and anyone who can put my tax allowance up is worth looking at, the present coalition did ok in the last period although we as Pensioners have had to wait for the working man to catch with our little perk.

Still UKIP for me, they seem to say what I think the general public think and that includes me.

No one likes or dislikes all of the manifesto's, you cant cherry pick , so its a gut feeling where you reside, either way non of them will be able to deliver all that they promise, they just want your vote, then you F--- off for another 5 years.

Nong. An interesting analysis.

I made the point earlier that I will vote Labour as my constituency has a Conservative majority of 55 and I want them out. Our previous MP, who is standing again, was a minister in the last Labour government and is definitely sympathetic to the frozen pension issue - although, like you, I suspect it is likely to remain unimportant in the next parliament. So, tactical.

What is irritating me so much is the SNP issue. Nicola Sturgeon wouldn't be leader, had the referendum not been lost, and I have the sneaky feeling that many voters think she will be at Westminster - which of course is untrue.

Also, and this is my main gripe, the SNP central core policy is obviously independence and the surge in the membership of the party and the likely landslide of seats, is mainly caused by a desire from large parts of the Scottish electorate to secure another referendum. In other words, I'm not totally convinced that they have the interests of the whole UK at heart, which is what manifesto's are supposed to be about. Who knows anything about the SNP manifesto - except for Trident?.

I suspect many English people will be thinking 'I wish the referendum had gone the other way' and let the Scots get on with running their country. I have to say I love Scotland but, if that's what they want, then so be it.

On your UKIP points. I said earlier I was extremely impressed by the manifesto launch, which was clear and specific on many issues. Given what is happening in southern Italy, European and national governments are going to have to take some tough action, otherwise Europe is likely to be swamped from Africa over the next ten years - with the major effect this will have on stability of essential services and political unrest.

Politicians who begged Scotland to stay in the Union should not complain if the SNP calls the shots at Westminster after the election, Nicola Sturgeon said last night. Polling last night showed that the nationalists are extending their lead - threatening to all but wipe out Labour north of the border. But Ed Miliband yesterday refused four times to rule out going into a power-sharing agreement with the SNP if its MPs hold the balance of power for the first time.

The London Mayor, who has been largely invisible at a national level despite being the second best known Tory in the country, will make a joint appearance with David Cameron, sources said. There have been growing calls from Conservative MPs for Mr Johnson to be 'weaponised' as the party seeks to break away from Labour. He is pictured left and right at a gin distillery in London on Friday and inset at the Al Falah mosque in West Drayton.

27ADAD4B00000578-0-image-a-65_1429303912

Politicians who begged Scotland to stay in the Union should not complain if the SNP calls the shots at Westminster after the election, Nicola Sturgeon said last night. Polling last night showed that the nationalists are extending their lead - threatening to all but wipe out Labour north of the border. But Ed Miliband yesterday refused four times to rule out going into a power-sharing agreement with the SNP if its MPs hold the balance of power for the first time.

It was a strange experience in the run up to the vote Scottish Independence, reading all the rhetoric about letting Scotland go as they cost England too much money. To then see the 3 stoogies running up to Scotland pleading for a no vote when it looked like it might be a yes vote.

Both Labour and the Tories will be wiped out in Scotland after the GE.

Someone will certainly correct me if I am wrong, but if it follows what the polls are predicting. In terms of seats the top 2 will be Labour and Tory followed by the SNP. The SNP will never do a deal with the Tories, and Milliband will sell his soul to the devil to get into power. I cannot see a Labour / UKIP deal so on the balance of probability, it is going to be Labour / SNP.

Sturgeon will wipe the floor with Miliband setting herself and the SNP up nicely for a further Independence Referendum in 2020.

It was a strange experience in the run up to the vote Scottish Independence, reading all the rhetoric about letting Scotland go as they cost England too much money. To then see the 3 stoogies running up to Scotland pleading for a no vote when it looked like it might be a yes vote.

Someone will certainly correct me if I am wrong, but if it follows what the polls are predicting. In terms of seats the top 2 will be Labour and Tory followed by the SNP. The SNP will never do a deal with the Tories, and Milliband will sell his soul to the devil to get into power. I cannot see a Labour / UKIP deal so on the balance of probability, it is going to be Labour / SNP.

Sturgeon will wipe the floor with Miliband setting herself and the SNP up nicely for a further Independence Referendum in 2020.

Absolutely right!

UKIP will not deal with Labour, as long as a referendum on EU is not on the cards

There will be no formal Labour/SNP coalition, that's guaranteed. But, you are right that in the cold light of day there may have to be an 'understanding' of some sort - for the sake of both parties. Do readers remember the Lib/Lab pact some years ago in the UK?.

Where I part company with you is about how other things may pan out. Nicola Strugeon will not be in the UK parliament. She may be pulling strings behind the scene but will not be confronting Ed Milliband in the House of Commons. I actually believe there is a worrying 'personality cult' being developed here and I wonder if the Scots really want a one party state. Strong language I agree, but think it through. If the SNP get their wish (and it's their only wish) to secure a new referendum and secure independence, then who will be the opposition in Scotland?.

After all the fuss has settled down, I would put money on a Labour led government - even if it's a minority one formed with the Libs. It then has simply to 'dare' the other parties to bring it down and force a new election. I very much doubt the SNP would want another election early as many of their present voters are convinced there will be a Lab/SNP coalition. When they realise that Alex Salmond is not going to be deputy prime minister etc, they may change their vote at a future election. Gone are the days when any incoming prime minister in May can call a snap election in October after giving the country some 'goodies' in the meantime and then asking for a fresh mandate.

Finally, as I said earlier, it may have been better for there to have been a 'yes' vote last autumn. With the collapse of oil prices the economic consequences would certainly not now be as rosy as the Yes campaign promised.

There will be no formal Labour/SNP coalition, that's guaranteed. But, you are right that in the cold light of day there may have to be an 'understanding' of some sort - for the sake of both parties. Do readers remember the Lib/Lab pact some years ago in the UK?.

Its Politics, nothing is guaranteed. What Miliband is saying now, means nothing. He will be trying to win the GE outright with the Labour Party. If that does not happen, all bets are off and he will strike a deal with the devil to get into power. Whether that is through a formal coalition or some sort of pact is irrelevant. The concessions that he will have to give to the SNP will be substantial.

Where I part company with you is about how other things may pan out. Nicola Strugeon will not be in the UK parliament. She may be pulling strings behind the scene but will not be confronting Ed Milliband in the House of Commons. I actually believe there is a worrying 'personality cult' being developed here and I wonder if the Scots really want a one party state. Strong language I agree, but think it through. If the SNP get their wish (and it's their only wish) to secure a new referendum and secure independence, then who will be the opposition in Scotland?.

She will be if a formal coalition is the only option Labour has of getting into power. Remember, Labour and the SNP are the only 2 parties ( that count ) who are committed to staying in the EU. Whatever happens, Scotland will never be a one party state, others will form just like everywhere else. A point that you appear to be missing is that elected MP's are there for the benefit of their constituents, not vice versa. IMO this is one of the reasons that the SNP's rise has been so dramatic. The results of the voting in Scotland at the GE will be a direct result of the 2 main Parties acting in their respective Parties interests and not in the interest of the Scottish people. Whether, in reality, this is actually the case is irrelevant, that is the perception.

Finally, as I said earlier, it may have been better for there to have been a 'yes' vote last autumn. With the collapse of oil prices the economic consequences would certainly not now be as rosy as the Yes campaign promised

The price of oil at the time of the Referendum, against todays oil price played a very insignificant part for those that were in the NO camp. It had nothing to do with the price of oil. There is a whole raft of legitimate reasons, but that would be straying too far off topic. I will say this. If the Ballot papers had asked 2 questions instead of one, the result would have been totally different.

I will leave you with something to ponder.

When it got to squeaky bum time. Why did the 3 stoogies feel the need to bolt up to Scotland and plead for a NO vote ?

Almost every day now the leaders seem to be offering more sweeteners to the voters and then hope they are all forgotten after the GE. It is going to be very hard for them to keep all their promises and then, as looks increasingly likely there will some sort of coalition again will anyone end up with what they wanted or thought they wanted?

It is an interesting time, probably the most interesting election in my life time, not just parties slugging it out with the 3rd hoping to get some power with their balance of seats , now, we have the SNP looking like they will crush the Labour vote, Paid Cymri (?) maybe moving forward in Wales which again will hit the Labour vote and UKIP, what of UKIP? It will be difficult for them to get the seats their total voters should deliver but you cannot come from nowhere to lead the land can you, I wonder what their realistic target is?

The Tories say they wont do a deal with UKIP but they may be forced to, they are close on many issues, they may have to.

The really interesting situation though is what will happen to the Labour vote in Scotland and Wales, I think this the key to the winner, but, we still end up with tales wagging dogs.

Keep tuned more dirty tricks to come thats for sure.

The London Mayor, who has been largely invisible at a national level despite being the second best known Tory in the country, will make a joint appearance with David Cameron, sources said. There have been growing calls from Conservative MPs for Mr Johnson to be 'weaponised' as the party seeks to break away from Labour. He is pictured left and right at a gin distillery in London on Friday and inset at the Al Falah mosque in West Drayton.

That third picture, the subject looks vaguely-familiar, was Boris perhaps a Womble of Wimbledon in a previous life, before becoming Mayor ? rolleyes.gif

And the image of a leading-Conservative, with a G&T in hand, plays perfectly against UKIP's own man-of-the-people with his pint of beer ! laugh.png

Politics is always fun, whatever the country involved ! clap2.gif

@ Nong 38

The really interesting situation though is what will happen to the Labour vote in Scotland and Wales, I think this the key to the winner, but, we still end up with tales wagging dogs.

I cannot speak for the Welsh. However, here is my prediction for Scotland.

There are 59 seats up for grabs in Scotland. Labour will win 2 at most. Tories will win 1 at most. SNP will win 50+ which will leave 6 at most for the stragglers. A landslide for the SNP in any language. The Scottish people know only to well that the ultimate goal is Independence. Yet they will still vote to give the SNP a landslide. Have a little think on why that might be ?

Now if that pattern of voting is replicated in Wales and NI, what does that say about the 2 main Parties ? I have a strange feeling that UKIP are going to cause a real shock. It will not be enough of a shock to win the election, but I think it will be enough of a shock to change the face of UK Politics for ever.

The Tories say they wont do a deal with UKIP but they may be forced to, they are close on many issues, they may have to.

As I said in my post above. Both Labour and the Tories are saying that they will not do deals. I really would not expect them to say anything different. They are both trying to win a GE outright for their respective Parties. The reality is that when that win does not happen, all cards are off the table and they will both do deals with the devil to get into power.

Keep tuned more dirty tricks to come thats for sure.

Sadly, you are 100% correct. It is beyond me who these supposedly educated buffoons cannot see that this is 1 of the reasons that voters are turning away from them. There are of course, other reasons but that would be straying off topic.

It is an interesting time, probably the most interesting election in my life time

Again, you are correct. However, I prefer to think of it as the election that really kicked UK Politics up the @rse and changed it forever.

wai2.gifwai2.gif

As has been mentioned, this is a fascinating election, all caused by the 'first past the post' system we employ.

Take some stats for example -and by the way I a very pro Scotland.

Scotland has about 8-10% of the UK population and the SNP membership is 2% of that same population. Yet the projections of voting intentions outlined by Joc above will certainly have clear ramifications on how any government will be formed.

Both Labour and Conservatives have real problems, but so does the SNP in a sense. Unless they can secure a formal deal with Labour (which I doubt) they could hardly vote with the Conservatives, as a combined opposition, to bring down a Labour government. I doubt people in Scotland would forgive them for that. Thus I still think an 'understanding' will emerge between Labour and SNP - if indeed there is a Labour led government, with Lib Dem support.

The Tories might do a deal with UKIP, but I doubt UKIP will have more than 3-5 seats at most. The Ulster Unionists will have more.

Now, I don't know what UKIP's membership is, or the actual votes it will attract, but both will be larger than SNP, but of course this is spread over nearly 600 seats.

Fascinating for us all, irrespective what party we support.

By the way, I don't think we should forget the constitutional issues. The queen has to 'invite' someone to form a government and her advisers will be burning the midnight oil if the result is really complex. A minority government is still a good bet. Those Sinn Fien (?) MP's never take up their seat so the 'majority' required, in practical terms is slightly less.

In the meantime DC will remain Prime Minister, just as we saw Gordon Brown hanging on after the 2010 election. It could be several weeks in this instance!

I hope all of us that contribute to this thread have some real interesting things to say over the next 3 weeks.

By the way, the guy I'm voting for is a signed up member of the parliamentary group who want to "unfreeze' UK pensions for us. Not much chance of that as it's not on the radar of any party at present, It's not the only reason for my vote - but it's something I can hold him to account for, if he gets in.

thumbsup.gif

That third picture, the subject looks vaguely-familiar, was Boris perhaps a Womble of Wimbledon in a previous life, before becoming Mayor ? rolleyes.gif

And the image of a leading-Conservative, with a G&T in hand, plays perfectly against UKIP's own man-of-the-people with his pint of beer ! laugh.png

Politics is always fun, whatever the country involved ! clap2.gif

Boris like th super-sub in football, so its really a case of timing, when do you play your ace, not too early, my guess is about one weeks time thats when I would play him.

I have heard him speak live when he was mayor in Trafalgar Square and he sure knows how to woo the audience and he would make a better PM than DC. Dont be fooled by his buffonery, he is clever chap who appeals to the ordinary chap or chapess and he is not so slippery with his words, he does give you his position on things which I do like.

Altogether his is great entertainment as well.

As has been mentioned, this is a fascinating election, all caused by the 'first past the post' system we employ.

Take some stats for example -and by the way I a very pro Scotland.

Scotland has about 8-10% of the UK population and the SNP membership is 2% of that same population. Yet the projections of voting intentions outlined by Joc above will certainly have clear ramifications on how any government will be formed.

Both Labour and Conservatives have real problems, but so does the SNP in a sense. Unless they can secure a formal deal with Labour (which I doubt) they could hardly vote with the Conservatives, as a combined opposition, to bring down a Labour government. I doubt people in Scotland would forgive them for that. Thus I still think an 'understanding' will emerge between Labour and SNP - if indeed there is a Labour led government, with Lib Dem support.

The Tories might do a deal with UKIP, but I doubt UKIP will have more than 3-5 seats at most. The Ulster Unionists will have more.

Now, I don't know what UKIP's membership is, or the actual votes it will attract, but both will be larger than SNP, but of course this is spread over nearly 600 seats.

Fascinating for us all, irrespective what party we support.

By the way, I don't think we should forget the constitutional issues. The queen has to 'invite' someone to form a government and her advisers will be burning the midnight oil if the result is really complex. A minority government is still a good bet. Those Sinn Fien (?) MP's never take up their seat so the 'majority' required, in practical terms is slightly less.

In the meantime DC will remain Prime Minister, just as we saw Gordon Brown hanging on after the 2010 election. It could be several weeks in this instance!

I hope all of us that contribute to this thread have some real interesting things to say over the next 3 weeks.

By the way, the guy I'm voting for is a signed up member of the parliamentary group who want to "unfreeze' UK pensions for us. Not much chance of that as it's not on the radar of any party at present, It's not the only reason for my vote - but it's something I can hold him to account for, if he gets in.

thumbsup.gif

Hi Emilymat.

Let me start by saying I do not care for any UK Politician or Political Party. I will also state here and now, that I believe the Political System in the UK is a complete dogs dinner and needs to be wiped out, reset and restarted in a different format. The Party system does nothing for the people and everything for the Politicians.

The problem with stats is that they are very easy to manipulate to suit a particular example. Let me give you and example.

Approx 650 seats up for grabs in the GE. Lets just say for example:

SNP win 50 seats.

Labour win 250 seats

Tories win 250 seats.

Combination of all others win 100 seats.

Statistically, if you go by % of population that makes the SNP the most popular Party in the UK. Should they then Govern the UK ? Of course not, that's not how it works.

Party membership also has no bearing on how people will vote, this can never be used as a yardstick for measuring anything.

The only 2 parties that have problems are Labour and Tory. Between them they have brought the UK to where it is today, on its knees. The GE will be an indicator of just how much trouble that they are actually in. It just needs a large part of the electorate to wake up and see the truth for themselves.

With a fixed term parliament ( Brought in by the Tories ) a minority Government should never ever be allowed to happen. It will be 5 years of complete chaos and it would be far better holding another election. Just a small point on the constitution and the Queen. The Queen is a figurehead only and holds no power. Yes, they do go through the motions. Ultimately the Queen only does as she is told.

As I said in a previous post. Dumb and Dumber can spout all the rhetoric they like. The true nature of these 2 will be shown in all its glory when neither of them win the GE outright and they have to kiss butt to form a coalition to get into power.

Cameron made an in / out EU Referendum in 2017 if he could not renegotiate EU terms as an election promise.

The EU has now torpedoed that below the waterline.

Jean-Claude Juncker has ruled out any treaty negotiations on Britain’s relationship with Europe whilst he remains president of the European Commission.

In a blow to David Cameron, this would leave the country with no prospect of change until the end of 2019, two years after he has promised the public vote.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/eureferendum/11537057/Juncker-blocks-EU-treaty-negotiations-until-after-2019.html

How much of an impact on election chances will this have ?

On a lighter note, just to show how daft this election is becoming.

In one of the Sunday papers there is an article that says some Tories are concerned that the royal baby - should it come before the GE - will be called Edward (Ed), thus giving Labour a boost!.

Can you believe it!. Certainly it will not be called Nicola or Nigel - that's for sure.

I think it's perverse that the cause of public debt was to bail out the banks, but not one party seems to be making this their no. 1 priority, or have I missed something?

To bail out the banks, required huge cut backs of public services and placed huge debt on everyone in UK. But not one party seems to be ensuring that these private institutions are responsible to re-pay their loans. Yes, one party may have been at fault in allowing the public sector to burden this debt, but all the current Govt has done is seemingly appoint a consultant in Lord Vickers who they cunningly called Independent Banking Commission. This review has only deferred the separation of higher risk banking sectors from the lower risk retail ones, for it to happen as recommended by 2019 i.e. into the next term of office of whoever.

What, any responsible Govt should do, like any debt, is not to shift the burden onto someone else, but to ensure there is an equitable solution. Some have muted a banking tax, I prefer it termed an insurance policy, one which they need to start paying into to satisfy all the creditors, one of which is the person writing this note.

I think it's perverse that the cause of public debt was to bail out the banks, but not one party seems to be making this their no. 1 priority, or have I missed something?

To bail out the banks, required huge cut backs of public services and placed huge debt on everyone in UK. But not one party seems to be ensuring that these private institutions are responsible to re-pay their loans. Yes, one party may have been at fault in allowing the public sector to burden this debt, but all the current Govt has done is seemingly appoint a consultant in Lord Vickers who they cunningly called Independent Banking Commission. This review has only deferred the separation of higher risk banking sectors from the lower risk retail ones, for it to happen as recommended by 2019 i.e. into the next term of office of whoever.

What, any responsible Govt should do, like any debt, is not to shift the burden onto someone else, but to ensure there is an equitable solution. Some have muted a banking tax, I prefer it termed an insurance policy, one which they need to start paying into to satisfy all the creditors, one of which is the person writing this note.

It is indeed perverse.

What is also perverse is the amount of business's in the UK that are only trading due to the amount of money that they receive from the Government.

Rather fork out public money than let failing business' s fold and add numbers to the already fudged unemployment figures.

Well I am going to get another beer then get off to bed, but its been great to hear your views as well as mine! In a civilized debate, perhaps we should think about forming our own party as well!

Whilst it might be a nice idea.

It would never get off the ground. ( We ) would probably be far too radical, organised and un PC for the EU masters.

Enjoy your beer.

Poor, deluded Nick Clegg.

The Lib Dem leader said: "David Cameron: don't treat people as if they are stupid. You know, everybody knows, that you and the Conservative Party are not going to win a majority at this election.

"I have ruled out an alliance with the SNP, I have ruled out an alliance with UKIP, why won't you do the same?"

http://news.sky.com/story/1468115/nick-clegg-calls-on-pm-to-rule-out-ukip-deal

You will be lucky to still have a job after the GE.