Mobile Phone Update Download Creates Problems

johnnort

I have an I-Mobile IQ 6.3 mobile phone, running Android 4.3 software, kernal version 3.4.0 and build No. V22. Yesterday I was informed that there was an update to the phones software so carried out the update download. Since this time I now get a message on screen stating:-

Unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped.

Each time I attempt to call SOME telephone numbers (probably only those in my contacts list - cannot confirm), pressing the OK icon in the message window the message disappears and the number rings out normally. I do not know what other programs, apps, functions etc. this whatever that has stopped may be affecting.

Does anyone know how to solve the problem and return everything on the phone to how it once was? Do not want to change to Manufactures default. THANKS!

There probably is some incompatible cached data or settings causing the issue.

You may need to clear the 'cache' of that service (in System | Apps )

Or, backup the phone (whatever contents you can), perform a Factory Reset, and set the phone up as a new (re-entering all your google info)

Thanks everyone. I also had the idea to google the error message after posting on here and have tried all suggestions to no avail. I am now trying to backup my data and carry out a factory reset but nothing seems to be happening. If only the update your phones software message had not appeared!!!!!!!

I've learned the hard way to not jump onto an Android update for a specific phone until there has been enough time for any bugs to be ironed out. I recently bought a 1st Gen. Moto G for my GF. The Lollipop update appeared a couple of weeks ago but I'm holding off on downloading it. Several Moto-G forums have had problems reported by other users so I'll give it more time.

Dave.. you have a Lollipop update for your G, interesting .. my Tesco mobile one hasn't received anything yet!!

It's up to the specific phones manufacturer to release Android updates which they usually do on a model by model basis. Many of the lower end manufacturers, or in many cases, distributors who re-brand generic Chinese phones, never do release any updates.

When you refer to a "Tesco mobile one" not sure if you are referring to a "Moto G" purchased at Tesco or another make of phone purchased there.

Edited by dddave

Moto G purchased on Tesco Mobile (Tesco's mobile network)

I know that in the USA and Europe, carriers have the final word on the phone by phone release of Android updates because so many are on contract. Not sure if that is true here but it could be Tesco's mobile network holding it up.

From what I have read, the Thai Moto G (2nd gen.) Lollipop release was the last week of January, 1st generation around Feb 2.