Farang passenger vs Thai cab driver: Who'll win?

Thaivisa News

Farang passenger strikes back against Thai taxi driver

taxi-bangkok.jpg

file photo

Bangkok:- In what was seen as a rare case of striking back by foreign passengers against notorious Thai taxi drivers, an unidentified farang passenger nearly caused a driver to lose the promised fare of Bt400.

According to Naew Na, the taxi driver, who has a Facebook and YouTube account as Uthit Fahmeeta, has posted a video clip and messages on his Facebook wall, recounting the incident.

Uthit said he picked up a farang passenger from the Khao Sarn road on Thursday. He said he started his meter but the tourist told him the meter was not needed as he would pay Bt400 net for the fare. The price included the expressway toll to the Suvarnabhumi International Airport.

Uthit thought it was his lucky day to find a kind-hearted farang passenger.

But when he delivered the western man at the airport, he handed him just Bt40.

Fortunately, police at the airport stepped in to his rescue and the farang man agreed to honor his promise, paying him Bt400.

Fahmeeta is not Uthit’s surname but it is the name of a network of citizen volunteers to report crimes. The Fahmeeta means “The Sky has eyes”. Being a member of this network might be the reason that police believe his story and helped him negotiate with the farang passengers.

Uthit posted a message on his Facebook wall to thank the airport police. He added that the passenger also apologized to him.

Earlier, there have been reports of taxi drivers at Suvarnabhumi airport overcharging foreign passengers and refusing to use meters.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"In what seen as a rare case of striking back by foreign passengers against notorious Thai taxi drivers, an unidentified farang passenger nearly caused a driver to lose the promised fare of Bt400."

As an opening sentence, this is a convoluted rendering of the story.

Why not just say, "A foreign passenger attempted, and failed, to cheat a taxi driver of a 400 baht fare"?

Well thats a first !!Farang trying to cheat a Bangkok taxi driver. !!

Well done mate.

Not a first, good gawd, there are thousands of cheap Charlie's out there. Just follow posts on this blog. They listen to cheap Charlie's on this blog and think that's what they are suppose to do.

"In what seen as a rare case of striking back by foreign passengers against notorious Thai taxi drivers, an unidentified farang passenger nearly caused a driver to lose the promised fare of Bt400."

Why not just say, "A foreign passenger attempted, and failed, to cheat a taxi driver of a 400 baht fare"?

I find myself frequenting this forum less and less.

I don't know why, but I've got the feeling that this story is not entirely true....xunsure.png.pagespeed.ic.E7Vo3qsmeCasd_p

I understand your feelings very well.

A westerner would never dream of cheating anyone even in their dreams, isn't it?

An absolute made up story?

I'm guessing this was just a joker.

About the "well done" - certainly not. I refuse to paint them all with the same brush. He might have picked a driver that was actually honest and such "karma shifting" (one for all) never works.

Two wrongs simply will never make a right.

Well thats a first !!Farang trying to cheat a Bangkok taxi driver. !!

Well done mate.

"Farang trying to cheat a Bangkok taxi driver."

What self-absorbed nonsense. Farang regularly do runners, (attempt) to under pay taxi drivers etc. What would ever make you imagine this was a first.

I don't know why, but I've got the feeling that this story is not entirely true....xunsure.png.pagespeed.ic.E7Vo3qsmeCasd_p

I understand your feelings very well.

A westerner would never dream of cheating anyone even in their dreams, isn't it?

An absolute made up story?

and a falang would not want the grief at the airport that he knows would follow. This is total BS.

I love that attitude here 'a farang person would never do such a thing'

Newsflash gents, we are also very capable of being complete rectum holes.

Thailand is the trash bin of the western world

Shouldn't that read Eastern world or maybe whole world.

Once, a long time ago .....in a galaxy far, far away...just joking.... I had a 1000 baht note to pay a 76 baht taxi cab fare while the cabbie claimed he did not have change.

So I leave him waiting and parked on the street

So I go into the Family Mart and buy a 10 baht bottle of energy drink

I get to the counter and there are several other people there and the employees are taking their sweet time....slowly taking care of each customer.

I get to the counter and hand them the 1000 baht note but they do not have enough change in that till and have to get another employee to open the safe and give the counter employee enough smaller bills.

Finally after about 8 minutes or so, or possibly 10 minutes, I get back outside and the taxi is not there.

No where to be seen........

FREE...taxi ride that day......ha ha

Cheers

Actually, it was only 360 baht as he paid 40. :)

Getting a bit bored of all this lets make the falang look bad crap on here........ Little "Brit" girls thieving and now of all things someone trying to turn a Thai taxi driver over...... If ever that would be possible........ I think my fingers would wear down trying to recount the incidents of Thai thievery and dishonesty that i've encountered in Thailand......... ....... As the man says, "Bangkok rules" ? Meaning there's none, and that includes morality at top of the list......... Try harder Somchai.........

I love that attitude here 'a farang person would never do such a thing'

Newsflash gents, we are also very capable of being complete rectum holes.

Thailand is the trash bin of the western world

Shouldn't that read Eastern world or maybe whole world.

I am thinking the problem lies with the preposition. Probably meant "for," not, "of," as the subject was someone assumedly from the liberal use of "farang," a westerner.