Leaving Thailand for good

maxme

The treatment that Thai women receive from most westerners and especially americans far out weighs the down side,

Even if they are over weight, out of shape and drink too much,

They still (we, I) are the better choice

Why cant this guy work out and respect himself as a man

Why would I waste time in the gym to get the body of a manual labourer?

Next thing you'll be saying I should trim my pinkie nail.

SC

I know, because you call yourself cowboy and Cowboys are

in fact manual laborers.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no one in their right mind would prefer to be in a relationship with someone much older.It's simply a trade off where needs must.If a young asian lady has a high education,is well qualified,and can earn more than enough to support herself,save,get a morgage,i dont think she's going to be looking at some old fella for a relationship.When i go back to sydney i see hundreds of young asian ladies,and they would not give me the time of day......they dont have to.

So come on guys do not be kidding ourselves...you want a young lady here you are going to have to pay for the priviledge.

So the trick is to find some hot young Thai girl who has it all but is otherwise not in her right mind, huh?

no one in their right mind would prefer to be in a relationship with someone much older.It's simply a trade off where needs must.If a young asian lady has a high education,is well qualified,and can earn more than enough to support herself,save,get a morgage,i dont think she's going to be looking at some old fella for a relationship.When i go back to sydney i see hundreds of young asian ladies,and they would not give me the time of day......they dont have to.

So come on guys do not be kidding ourselves...you want a young lady here you are going to have to pay for the priviledge.

So the trick is to find some hot young Thai girl who has it all but is otherwise not in her right mind, huh?

No trick, that's marriage/significant other relationship. The trick is doing it without getting married. But you have to feel sorry for the guy who has to go back to Sydney.

We are going "home",too, though it hardly feels like that. Seems people here have just about come to accept in the tourist centres that farang are of some use financially.I have lived in Phuket, Bangkok, Chiang Mai and more. Elsewhere?

I have lived here for nearly 20 years. I am totally pissed off with the racism.

Sat in an upcountry Issan bar last night. Singers,Lao and Vietnamese hookers.UK football. Street full of Honda NSRs, Harleys, Valkyries etc. Police taking pics of them all..where does that sort of money come from in Issan? Anyway sat drinking a bottle of Singha in a bar that was empty at 20.00. By 21.00. was asked 5 times to go and sit somewhere else, as "local people needed to sit down" Wife, who is from the town,, comes and tells them to piss off. Becomes clear that there are seething problems between the customers, bar owner, other cafes, police. Wife says: you have no idea about these people. She says maybe they are drug traffickers, people traffickers or whatever. You lucky someone not draw a knife or a gun. She also said something really interesting, well to me! Stop looking at people! Keep your nose in your glass! Never encountered anything similar in LOS or in any other country in the world. I do not need that in my life!

And don't get me started on schools!!!!!

who like to have a living room full of gadgets to spend 7 hours a day (average USA TV user) to watch stupid advertising. this is the life style in the USA. it s so boring there.

I m sorry for these farangs who come to thailand and try to have the same kind of life style (the American dream) and then complain again.

Edited by VIPinthailand

who like to have a living room full of gadgets to spend 7 hours a day (average USA TV user) to watch stupid advertising. this is the life style in the USA. it s so boring there.

I m sorry for these farangs who come to thailand and try to have the same kind of life style (the American dream) and then complain again.

Have you stopped taking your meds again?

We are going "home",too, though it hardly feels like that. Seems people here have just about come to accept in the tourist centres that farang are of some use financially.I have lived in Phuket, Bangkok, Chiang Mai and more. Elsewhere?

I have lived here for nearly 20 years. I am totally pissed off with the racism.

Sat in an upcountry Issan bar last night. Singers,Lao and Vietnamese hookers.UK football. Street full of Honda NSRs, Harleys, Valkyries etc. Police taking pics of them all..where does that sort of money come from in Issan? Anyway sat drinking a bottle of Singha in a bar that was empty at 20.00. By 21.00. was asked 5 times to go and sit somewhere else, as "local people needed to sit down" Wife, who is from the town,, comes and tells them to piss off. Becomes clear that there are seething problems between the customers, bar owner, other cafes, police. Wife says: you have no idea about these people. She says maybe they are drug traffickers, people traffickers or whatever. You lucky someone not draw a knife or a gun. She also said something really interesting, well to me! Stop looking at people! Keep your nose in your glass! Never encountered anything similar in LOS or in any other country in the world. I do not need that in my life!

And don't get me started on schools!!!!!

Walked in a bar in a town where the primary industry was nickle mining - barely escaped with my life. Walked in a bar where the primary industry was logging - barely escaped with my life. Walked in a bar where the primary industry was steel - barely escaped with my life. Walked in a bar where the primary industry was auto assembly - barely escaped with my life. All of the bars in North America and I didn't even get to my experiences on the South Side of Chicago or NYC or Texas or a hundred other places where men in a clique drank and didn't want outsiders there. rolleyes.gif

I akkready leave thailand for the next 5 month!

All the Smelling motor bikes are gone , no mosquito bite me , nobody ask me how long you stay and how old Iam it's cool and quite , in the alps , and weather also okay in the maintains!

When the snow come I come back!

But then I have to put the other side of the story

1, I can buy a three bedroom house on 1 hectare of land for GBP20000

2. My children have free health care and schooling

3. Tax. ?What tax?

4. I can buy 2 meals a day for 1.20GBP

3. I can rent a 3 bedroom house for 120GBP a month

4. Electric and water are about the same (with aircon!)as the UK

5. I can open any shop I want, in the street or in the shophouse. No permit required. No Health and Safety!

6. I have mobile phones and broadband: about the same as the UK a month

7. I have an airport. 30GBP one way 800 kilometers to the capital, one hour.

8. Can summon a workman to mend anything within 1 hour. Maybe 5.00GBP a day

9.Petrol 60p a litre

10. Can buy anything 24/7

Now think about the UK! If it were not for the schools Never mind the people I don’t think we would leave.!!

Nope, your Thai partner can.

Schooling? 555 ever been to a free hospital? More like crematoriums waiting room!

3. Tax. ?What tax?

Pay nothing, get nothing...

True

True

No, often there is no water or electricity

5. I can open any shop I want, in the street or in the shophouse. No permit required. No Health and Safety!

No you can't unless you are Thai.

True

True

Pay peanuts, get monkeys quality

9.Petrol 60p a litre

True

Drinks and snacks yes

Now think about the UK! If it were not for the schools Never mind the people I don’t think we would leave.!!

Just sayin'

3. Tax. ?What tax?

9.Petrol 60p a litre

Seems your reasons are almost entirely economically driven.

3. Tax. ?What tax?

9.Petrol 60p a litre

3. Tax. ?What tax?

9.Petrol 60p a litre

1. Maybe, but won't be much of one, and you can't own it.

2. The schooling is not free. The head teacher will come around every year and collect. Besides, you get what you pay for.

3. What tax? It's called VAT, and for anything imported, it's called oppressive.

4. And such a variety at those prices!

3 (are we counting down here?). If one owns a home, they don't need to rent, so scratch that off the list.

4 (going up again). Okay, but if the bills were higher in the west, that would be because the power doesn't regularly go out for hours at a time, stopping the meter.

5. No you can't, and good luck with a business in LOS, unless you are an international corporation with clout. The vast majority of small ones fail, often because the locals get pissed. But yes, no health and safety … hey, wait! Let's look again at those cheap meals you just mentioned!

6. Shame the signals suck.

7. Gotta admit, I always like that myself, and made frequent use of it.

8. Yes, very cheap labor. Shame so few of them have any real expertise ... or pride … or integrity.

9. Gas is far cheaper than 60p per liter in the US. Cheaper, not cheap. It's a scam everywhere.

10. I'm not sure that's a great thing, but enjoyable in many countries, east and west.

I have lived in Thailand now for 10+ years almost each year going back to USA for about 3 weeks. If toward the end of such almost aways enjoyable future trip to USA trip I say to myself: "Hey JL -- Trip to USA is almost over. I sure don't want to leave the good ol' USA and and return to Thailand" instead of saying as per usual "Gee, JL only 2 or 3 more days until you can get out of this place", I'll know that it is time for a change.

Edited by JLCrab

The treatment that Thai women receive from most westerners and especially americans far out weighs the down side,

Even if they are over weight, out of shape and drink too much,

They still (we, I) are the better choice

Why cant this guy work out and respect himself as a man

Why ask why?

People do what they have to do, or they complain to anyone who's willing to listen to their sob story

3. Tax. ?What tax?

9.Petrol 60p a litre

2. The schooling is not free. The head teacher will come around every year and collect. Besides, you get what you pay for.

3. What tax? It's called VAT, and for anything imported, it's called oppressive.

3 (are we counting down here?). If one owns a home, they don't need to rent, so scratch that off the list.

4 (going up again). Okay, but if the bills were higher in the west, that would be because the power doesn't regularly go out for hours at a time, stopping the meter.

5. No you can't, and good luck with a business in LOS, unless you are an international corporation with clout. The vast majority of small ones fail, often because the locals get pissed. But yes, no health and safety … hey, wait! Let's look again at those cheap meals you just mentioned!

8. Yes, very cheap labor. Shame so few of them have any real expertise ... or pride … or integrity.

9. Gas is far cheaper than 60p per liter in the US. Cheaper, not cheap. It's a scam everywhere.

10. I'm not sure that's a great thing, but enjoyable in many countries, east and west.

Without having read much of this thread:

When a poster takes such a negative view on virtually all aspects of life in Thailand, it seems to me there is another agenda at work so there's not much point trying to debate which view is correct.

My suggestion is that if you can read back through what you have written and state objectively and honestly, hand on heart, that you believe it all, I can only imagine that you must have been exceptionally unlucky in all aspects of your stay in Thailand, every day you were here. Were it me I might consider never leaving home and not going out, ever again.

3. Tax. ?What tax?

9.Petrol 60p a litre

Without having read much of this thread:

When a poster takes such a negative view on virtually all aspects of life in Thailand, it seems to me there is another agenda at work so there's not much point trying to debate which view is correct.

My suggestion is that if you can read back through what you have written and state objectively and honestly, hand on heart, that you believe it all, I can only imagine that you must have been exceptionally unlucky in all aspects of your stay in Thailand, every day you were here. Were it me I might consider never leaving home and not going out, ever again.

Chiang Mai is no more representative of all of Thailand, than Washington, D.C. is America.

So until you have spent four years living in Rhek Thum, you really should not judge motives you know nothing about.

But go ahead and do so if it pleases you. You might consider, if it were you, never leaving home, but I thoroughly enjoyed every day of my life in Thailand, even in Rhek Thum, happy to live there because I love my wife and stayed by her side during difficult times for her.

Interesting things people say about Americans, but when they need our help their hands come right out.

Americans are amongst the most benevolent yo those less fortunate, and there isn't widespread sending of their daughters away to work I'm brothels so the mother's and brothers to drink and gamble

Let me know how many Carnegie and Ford foundations are in Thailand and let's not argue that Carnegie was a Scot.

He could have gone to Thailand to create his fortunes, but he didnt, did he

Oh <deleted>, take your nationalistic BS and shove it... The US has interfered, manipulated, assassinated leaders, curried favor through arms deals, facilitated the global heroin trade, committed genocide and on and on and on for the last 60 years... The world would be a better place if the US would take of their own mess at home and leave the rest of the world alone... No one and I mean NO ONE asked the US to be the world cop... BTW, I am a US citizen too, but I don't wear blinders...

Interesting things people say about Americans, but when they need our help their hands come right out.

Americans are amongst the most benevolent yo those less fortunate, and there isn't widespread sending of their daughters away to work I'm brothels so the mother's and brothers to drink and gamble

Let me know how many Carnegie and Ford foundations are in Thailand and let's not argue that Carnegie was a Scot.

Oh <deleted>, take your nationalistic BS and shove it... The US has interfered, manipulated, assassinated leaders, curried favor through arms deals, facilitated the global heroin trade, committed genocide and on and on and on for the last 60 years... The world would be a better place if the US would take of their own mess at home and leave the rest of the world alone... No one and I mean NO ONE asked the US to be the world cop... BTW, I am a US citizen too, but I don't wear blinders...

As a US citizen, what did you do about the 'mess at home' ... besides whining all the time?

I live in a very nice area, total cost for rent and utilities is $2400

The exact same cost of the 2 bedroom furnished condo I was renting in Huai Kwang,

The girl I'm with currently, is 5'7 125, and is blonde w green eyes, a native blonde Floridian

If everyone would just accept that we all choose to live according to our personal tastes, this thread could fade away and we can debate the next personal choice topic

As gentlemen

Is there any aspect of your life story you haven't told us yet?

Perhaps his annual trips to Pattaya... From the tone of his posts, this is the only reason I can fathom why he is posting on TVF in the first place...

If indeed you did enjoy all the time you spent in Thailand, a reader can be forgiven for not seeing such from that post! But some detail perhaps - alas I no linger live in Chiang Mai, instead I live out in the sticks, where:

3BB has no spare circuits thus I must make do with TOT 15MB fibre which, is always available and never goes down.

It is nigh on impossible to eat food of an extremely high standard and pay more than THB 225 per dish, including outstanding western dishes prepared by the ex-chef of The Four Seasons. More modestly however, a pretty decent range of more simple fare is available for under 40 baht per. True it's not McD, Booger King or any of the myriad of western style fast food places, thankfully, but it more than satisfies even my usually high standards for food.

Tradespeople, workers with adequate skills to tackle the job given exist in droves at under 400 baht per day each, diamonds do exist and are easily found.

My house my wife's house is encumbered with an ufstruct, which means I have a legal right to live there but nobody else does. It also means that any sale that property cannot be complete without my approval, this includes receiving a cheque for the sales value, made out to me.

My electric bill runs no more than THB 1,200 a month, that in the hot season and supporting a garden sprinkler system that covers one rai of gardens. Did somebody earlier really imply that electric bills here as expensive by comparison.

Our health care is not free, indeed we have to pay for it, but at prices so low as to make it uneconomical to pay insurance premiums these past ten years, this despite one coronary stent en-route.

The tax thingy is interesting because I do pay tax here, I pay VAT. But if not the oppressive VAT then what I ask myself, is a combination of Federal, State. City, SSc and Sales tax any better of an idea, I don't think so.

And so on, and so on.

Edited by chiang mai

As a US citizen, what did you do about the 'mess at home' ... besides whining all the time?

The US government does not take kindly to anyone that criticizes or exposes their crimes... I did what any one person can to do when faced with the realization that their government is corrupt to the core, I left...

Edited by Loptr

If indeed you did enjoy all the time you spent in Thailand, a reader can be forgiven for not seeing such from that post! But some detail perhaps - alas I no linger live in Chiang Mai, instead I live out in the sticks, where:

3BB has no spare circuits thus I must make do with TOT 15MB fibre which, is always available and never goes down.

It is nigh on impossible to eat food of an extremely high standard and pay more than THB 225 per dish, including outstanding western dishes prepared by the ex-chef of The Four Seasons. More modestly however, a pretty decent range of more simple fare is available for under 40 baht per. True it's not McD, Booger King or any of the myriad of western style fast food places, thankfully, but it more than satisfies even my usually high standards for food.

Tradespeople, workers with adequate skills to tackle the job given exist in droves at under 400 baht per day each, diamonds do exist and are easily found.

My house my wife's house is encumbered with an ufstruct, which means I have a legal right to live there but nobody else does. It also means that any sale that property cannot be complete without my approval, this includes receiving a cheque for the sales value, made out to me.

My electric bill runs no more than THB 1,200 a month, that in the hot season and supporting a garden sprinkler system that covers one rai of gardens. Did somebody earlier really imply that electric bills here as expensive by comparison.

Our health care is not free, indeed we have to pay for it, but at prices so low as to make it uneconomical to pay insurance premiums these past ten years, this despite one coronary stent en-route.

The tax thingy is interesting because I do pay tax here, I pay VAT. But if not the oppressive VAT then what I ask myself, is a combination of Federal, State. City, SSc and Sales tax any better of an idea, I don't think so.

And so on, and so on.

I did indeed enjoy my time in Thailand. It is simply a childish rumor, perpetrated and pounded about by a few insecure, ignorant and bitter old men, that I didn't.

But the fact remains, it's a big world, and there are many places to enjoy one's life. Some are even better than Thailand.

3. Tax. ?What tax?

9.Petrol 60p a litre

I wonder which country in dreamworld you're talking about, because most of your points are not applicable to Thailand, nor are they to any western country I'm aware of.

But the fact remains, it's a big world, and there are many places to enjoy one's life. Some are even better than Thailand.

Do they have forums?

Despite the few childish posters here, nowhere near as good as Thai Visa, no.