Thaksin 'ready' for talk, but not Prayut

webfact

Sadly, none of the self appointed experts has realized that an anonymous source said Thaksin wanted to discuss his return.

No one of any position has actually said they were contacted.

Thaksin hasn't even made any public statements for quite some time.

However, don't let me disrupt the mob's frenzy.

From the op - "Thaksin, however, has said he is ready for such talks, a Pheu Thai Party source said yesterday."

But you are right, I would not believe a word of anything that came out of the PTP camp either.

Frenzied mob, please continue............................clap2.gif

"A PTP source".

Right. Who is this source? One of the problems some of the media have in Thailand is that they make claims based upon "sources"

For all you know it could be the guy who blows his whistle in the parking lot..

My point is that there is far too much unsubstantiated story telling. My perception is that it is intended to "make the news" stir up some sh*t. It's great fodder to fill the paper or to lead off on for the Channel 7 news.

If the man contacted someone, then why not say who he contacted? If a member of the government was contacted, don't you think he or she would be trumpeting this as it would show that he or she was considered to be very important. I think this is an embellished story. It suits everyone's needs;

- The government gets its bogey man.

- The media gets a story to run with

- Thaksin gets free publicity

Enough with the stories. He's not coming back unless he's fully pardoned, and that is not going to happen anytime soon.

Sadly, none of the self appointed experts has realized that an anonymous source said Thaksin wanted to discuss his return.

No one of any position has actually said they were contacted.

Thaksin hasn't even made any public statements for quite some time.

However, don't let me disrupt the mob's frenzy.

From the op - "Thaksin, however, has said he is ready for such talks, a Pheu Thai Party source said yesterday."

But you are right, I would not believe a word of anything that came out of the PTP camp either.

Frenzied mob, please continue............................clap2.gif

"A PTP source".

Right. Who is this source? One of the problems some of the media have in Thailand is that they make claims based upon "sources"

For all you know it could be the guy who blows his whistle in the parking lot..

My point is that there is far too much unsubstantiated story telling. My perception is that it is intended to "make the news" stir up some sh*t. It's great fodder to fill the paper or to lead off on for the Channel 7 news.

If the man contacted someone, then why not say who he contacted? If a member of the government was contacted, don't you think he or she would be trumpeting this as it would show that he or she was considered to be very important. I think this is an embellished story. It suits everyone's needs;

- The government gets its bogey man.

- The media gets a story to run with

- Thaksin gets free publicity

Enough with the stories. He's not coming back unless he's fully pardoned, and that is not going to happen anytime soon.

As you seem to need to serve time before being eligeable for a pardon, that's indeed not going to happen soon.

• Like 1