New Bangkok taxi service to stress passenger safety

webfact

New BKK Taxi Service to Stress Passenger Safety
By Khaosod English

14241530941424153229l.jpg
"All Thai Taxi" is set to launch in May 2015.

BANGKOK — A new high-end taxi service is set to launch in Bangkok this May in an effort to address persistent complaints about cab drivers who reject passengers or refuse to use meters.

The service, dubbed “All Thai Taxi,” is a collaboration between the private inter-provincial bus company Nakhonchai Air and the Department of Land Transport (DLT).

According to Teerapong Rodprosert, director-general of the DLT, the taxis will be equipped with a series of new features aimed at improving passenger safety, including GPS systems that can be monitored by the DLT, a ‘black box’ to record the driver's behavior, and an emergency warning button for passengers.

The driver will also have to pass breathalyzer test and verify his or her identity through a scanning system.

The fare will be calculated by the standard taxi meter plus a 20-baht surcharge, and can be paid with an ATM card.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1424153094

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2015-02-17

RELATED: Uber rival All Thai Taxi service launches in Bangkok

at last we can get home from shopping at places like Klom Thom and major dept stores

yerrrrrrrrrrr the taxi drivers have shot themselves in the foot ...now they can spit the dummy and only have them selves to blame with their rip off attitude

While I am still getting what I consider to be generally good service from the standard taxis, I won't be using ATT. I would prefer to give my money to an honest, hard-working individual (and yes, I think the majority are), than help fill the coffers of a big corporation.

Pity the taxi drivers in Bangkok do not have to get their taxi licence in the same manner as in London where it takes 2-5 years and the examination is the hardest in the world. That would weed out many because they do not know their way around the city. That is one of the major problems for me, not the refusals, etc.

• Like 1

You can bet that the scammers of the old guard taxi drivers are going to scream bloody murder when this new company ... and others like it ... comes on line.

After thirty-plus years in Thailand I still find that most taxi drivers are honest people, but unfortunately there seems to be more and more scammers who now drive taxis. Hopefully their days are numbered as digital and internet technology will make them obsolete.

While I am still getting what I consider to be generally good service from the standard taxis, I won't be using ATT. I would prefer to give my money to an honest, hard-working individual (and yes, I think the majority are), than help fill the coffers of a big corporation.

How do you define a "big corporation"? What the difference between a big corporation and a small one? Do you think all big corporations are inherently evil? Do you not know that the drivers are not big corporations?

Edited by HerbalEd

Try getting a taxi from around Sukhumvit 11 and tell me how many you think are honest. You really need to get out more my friend. These guys are disgusting and I mean the majority.