Where to buy childrens toys?

ExpatOilWorker

• 3 weeks later...

In terms of offering the same quality and value for money I don't think so. There are a few places in Pratunam, such as the Platinum mall, which have good children's toys, they are cheaper but definitely not the same quality.

• Like 1

In terms of offering the same quality and value for money I don't think so. There are a few places in Pratunam, such as the Platinum mall, which have good children's toys, they are cheaper but definitely not the same quality.

Thanks for the reply. I was starting to thing most TV members buy their "toys" late at night around Sukhumvit.

• Like 1

We bought a lot of stuff from the Emporium Shopping mall in bangkok. It has a great selection of quality toys. They also have great facilities, baby changing and nursing rooms within nearby the children toy area. We even had staff help us bring our boxes of toys downstairs to the Taxi.

I can't remeber which floor though... 2nd or 3rd I think.

Edited by Dieter78
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How old are the children? If still young then toys from Big-C and even 7/11 are fine. I've bought loads of toys over the years for 3k to 5k each from shops like ToysRUs, and Siam Paragon, toys which in the UK would cost 1/4 of the price they are in Thailand, and they barely get played with. I always find that large and complex toys never get played with or appreciated, and kids appreciate quantity over quality.

Yes, the quality of the Big-C toys is not fantastic but as long as it is not dangerous or containing small parts etc then it will be fine and instead of wasting 3,000 baht on one toy that will be broken or not used you will only be spending 100 baht, so you can just buy a bunch of cheap toys and the kids will be happy, The Daraemon brand makes toys which last OK.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest Jerry787

well after 2 years... 

quality baby / infant toys at central and emporium only ? other shops with specific and intelligent toys for child  ?

any suggestion its very welcome

thank you

We buy a lot of toys and clothes off of Facebook shops. They pop up on my feed from my Internet browsing history. Easier done if you or someone close to you is fluent in Thai.

For toys search 'Kidcorner Shop' and 'Hello Mom'

For infant clothes search 'Papa&Mom Kid Shop' 

We also note down shop names at the quarterly Baby Best Buy at Queen Sirikit. You just missed it last weekend. The next one is at the end of August.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bit old hat I know but lazada has tonnes of 'em, the good brand name ones and the El cheapest. Free delivery and you can browse at your leisure without having to troll round the malls...