Litter police on Sukhumvit treble pricing!

laban

There seems to be one law for Thais and another for Farang. This seems unfair, unreasonable and racist.

I like the advice given by FangFerang. A bit of a "ball ache" to have to go to police station but hell if it saved THB 2,000 - 5,000 then would be worth it. Perhaps the litter police think that they are missing other opportunities to make money whilst they are processing the Farang through the, no doubt, time consuming process at the Police Station!!!

Home is where it is fair, reasonable and non-racist...

But I do not want to go back home.....whistling.gif

We all agree that littering is a filthy habit. I don't smoke, but i agree that Unknowing smokers are being scammed. There be plenty of bins between Asoke and Phrom Phong but try finding one when you are walking from Soi 4 towards Asoke on the North side of Sukhumvit.

A couple of years ago I was waiting for a friend at The Landmark and watched some unknowing tourists being scammed. I took a short walk towards Asoke and didn't see any bins. When I returned to the Landmark, I noticed a pile of 15 butts right at the end of the driveway where it meets the sidewalk.

There are piles of trash everywhere on Sukhumvit so enforcement is not working. Lets call a spade a spade and a scam a scam.

Speaking of scams. How about random searches at Ekamai?

Overcharging and double pricing is present everywhere in Thailand country. Did you expect the police to be different?

This thread is not about the police. As for overcharging, I'd like to see the sign saying the fine is 5,000 baht as the only ones I can see say 2,000. Of course, like everywhere here, there are those who will try to scam the unwary or uninformed for more money, although for the litter officers it's unusual. If anything they will reduce the fine. Edited by brewsterbudgen

Overcharging and double pricing is present everywhere in Thailand country. Did you expect the police to be different?

This thread is not about the police. As for overcharging, I'd like to see the sign saying the fine is 5,000 baht as the only ones I can see say 2,000. Of course, like everywhere here, there are those who will try to scam the unwary or uninformed for more money, although for the litter officers it's unusual. If anything they will reduce the fine.

There are a load of new signs up around Phrom Phong with the figure 5000 on them in large red letters. They're nothing to do with the litter police though.

• Like 1

This thread is not about the police. As for overcharging, I'd like to see the sign saying the fine is 5,000 baht as the only ones I can see say 2,000. Of course, like everywhere here, there are those who will try to scam the unwary or uninformed for more money, although for the litter officers it's unusual. If anything they will reduce the fine.

There are a load of new signs up around Phrom Phong with the figure 5000 on them in large red letters. They're nothing to do with the litter police though.

What are they to do with ?

Not riding or parking your car or motorbike on the pavement.

One of these shites stands in soi 4 near the motor cy men looking for victims crossing. Few months ago a saw him catch up with a victim near Bully's pub, as I had a few times before. This tourist said he had only been here 24 hours and was shitting himself, said he had not dropped anything. I told him they were not Police as they claimed and that they had to give a warning for a first offence, which I think is true. He told them he was not paying and as I walked off the look from the officer could have killed. This is nothing but a scam, the whole area is a rat infested third wold dump yet they only ever target falang and then mainly tourists. Utter scum all of them.

One of these shites stands in soi 4 near the motor cy men looking for victims crossing. Few months ago a saw him catch up with a victim near Bully's pub, as I had a few times before. This tourist said he had only been here 24 hours and was shitting himself, said he had not dropped anything. I told him they were not Police as they claimed and that they had to give a warning for a first offence, which I think is true. He told them he was not paying and as I walked off the look from the officer could have killed. This is nothing but a scam, the whole area is a rat infested third wold dump yet they only ever target falang and then mainly tourists. Utter scum all of them.

No one is forced to visit. Personally, I would never go to a rat infested 3rd world dump where everyone is scum and out to scam me!

Not riding or parking your car or motorbike on the pavement.

Ha, well nice to see no one taking a blind bit of notice of it then.

Going to soi 4 and complaining it's a bit of a dump is a bit like crapping your pants and complaining about the smell.

I only went in the morning as my bank branch used to be there, now moved so no more 'massage' every few yards or scary looking ladyboys taking all the tables up in Mcdonalds. Hard to see why so many fly thousands of miles to stay there.

If they cared about the littering, they would put some freaking rubbish bins along Sukhumvit, not gouge the crap out of tourists that haven't a clue that they are falling victim to one of the oldest "legitimate" scams in Bangkok...

There are wheelie bins placed at 100 metre intervals along Sukhumvit, at least from Phrom Phong (Emporium) up to Asok. Plus there are always bins outside 7-11s and Family Marts. No excuse!

But the fine should be a maximum of 2,000 baht.

News to me on rubbish bins, but you missed the point... This is a government sponsored scam that targets foreigners... 2000 - 5000 baht for farang while locals are only charged 200, and that's only if they are stopped, which they are not...

They are tessakit ( municipal police) the signs in Thai read "not more than"

post-4271-14245227744499_thumb.jpg

They have the right to demand the payment but must issue a receipt. If you refuse to pay they have the right to detain you and summon the RTP to make an arrest.

You are wrong about the warning.

Cigarette filters are polluting the oceans now and some creatures are suffering from it.

So, smokers should discard their toxic waste correctly.

Of course it's a scam when locals seem immune.

Do these rent a cops give receipts when they 'fine'?

Has anyone filmed them when they try to fine them I wonder?