Retirement extension renewal Phuket.

Last year I received my extension and a re-entry permit within one hour .

Things have changed !

I arrived early today and secured queue numbers for both my extension process and the now mandatory address reporting.

Phuket has their own form for address reporting but will accept a TM30 which is what I presented . In addition to the form copies of the the passport data page, visa, permission to stay, departure card, tabian ban and landlords ID are all required. Only one officer was assigned to address reporting duty and so waiting time was extended.

The address reporting must be completed before any application is made for an extension of stay.

Applying for the extension was straight forward BUT if your passport is processed in the morning it will not be returned until 14:30 in the afternoon. Applicants processed in the a afternoon will not receive their passport until the next working day. (Be aware ! )

Generally the office was overcrowded and there was not enough chairs/space for everyone.

Make note of the fact that there is a limited supply of queue numbers and a maximum of 50 long stay extensions will be processed in the morning and the same number in the afternoon.

Hope this info is of help to others

• Like 1

Well of course! The notorious Phuket Immigration are feeling the pain of the so called 'corruption clamp down' and are making things even more difficult, if that were possible, for those who attempt the extraordinarily 'popular on this forum' route of following the 'rules' and not using agents who share their 'fee'.

Has anyone got it now? huh.png Duh.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

so;

1st time i have heard this;

Phuket has their own form for address reporting but will accept a TM30 which is what I presented .

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/800769-what-is-the-latest-requirements-for-a-retirement-extention-renewal/#entry9083118

The TM30 which I presented this morning was accepted without hesitation or comment smile.png

My Landlady filled in whole of the TM30 using Thai script. I just entered my details on the second page of the form.

Edit !

Do not forget the photocopies which have to accompany either form.

Edited by nzexpat
  • Like 1

Yep. Just did the same. Those getting there very early were being told come back after 2:30pm. Those arriving or being dealt with later, after 10 or 11, were being told one or even two days.

I filled in the Phuket form for address registration. Address details at section 1, my details at section 2. Then a letter from the rental company giving my name, address, passport number and rental contract details together with page one of the rental contract.

I'd also missed out a copy of my local bank ATM card, I was going the income affidavit route and apparently needed the copy ATM card to prove I can withdraw money here.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep. Just did the same. Those getting there very early were being told come back after 2:30pm. Those arriving or being dealt with later, after 10 or 11, were being told one or even two days.

I filled in the Phuket form for address registration. Address details at section 1, my details at section 2. Then a letter from the rental company giving my name, address, passport number and rental contract details together with page one of the rental contract.

I'd also missed out a copy of my local bank ATM card, I was going the income affidavit route and apparently needed the copy ATM card to prove I can withdraw money here.

Gee, you guys down in Phuket must have a small area (office) for doing your paperwork, waiting till next day to get passport back!

Here in Chiang Mai, they kicked all the Burmese (Mayamar ) out, and sent them to a new location. We do have a large crowd every day

some come to Immigrations as early as 4:30 in the morning. Sit in chairs lined up outside in the parking lots. Place has only parking for maybe 50 cars. Other wise park over at the Airport. I've been very lucky showing up around 12:30 and find a place to park. Immigration comes back from lunch, and does some fast shuffling of paperwork to catch-up. I really can't complain about the Immigration staff, they can only do what they are told to do. In a way, I feel sorry for them for all the rude farangs that don't understand how the system works. And if they just read.....read.....read the damn instructions there would be no problems. They all want to buck the lines, and think they are more important then the guy in front of him!

As I had to "prove" where I live on my last Retirement Extension , and I have an official receipt of that "proof" now stapled into my passport , it would be great to think I dont have to chase yet another Letter of Residence to upgrade my Thai Drivers license from 1 year to 5 years

But I'll bet that isnt the case

I'll need another Drs Certificate as well I suppose , just as I had to go and get when I did the same for my Thai Motorbike License!

As I had to "prove" where I live on my last Retirement Extension , and I have an official receipt of that "proof" now stapled into my passport , it would be great to think I dont have to chase yet another Letter of Residence to upgrade my Thai Drivers license from 1 year to 5 years

I'll need another Drs Certificate as well I suppose , just as I had to go and get when I did the same for my Thai Motorbike License!

Letter of Residence is not the same apper as address notification and yes you will need se seperate (Proof of Residence) for your DL.

nzexpat

Thanks for the update but one comment.

There is no hard limit of 50 numbers for the morning and afternoon.

It depends on the crowds and they will stop handing out numbers when they see that they cannot clear the backlog before closing time.

There was a limit in the past but not anymore.

PHUKET

you need another certificate for the drivers license as i just did last week for both

Note the one for the DL cost 300 baht!!

i would think u would need

copy of lease

copy id car

copy taam bien baan

as u do for the other form, but i could be wrong

why not just do the from they want

scroll down to the bottom and someone placed the pdf form there

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/806756-retirement-visa-new-residency-declaration-form/

Edited by phuketrichard