What is the latest requirements for a retirement extention renewal

There are no changes.

Same financial proof of 800k baht for 3 months or 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

TM7 application form. Copies of passport pages and TM6 departure card. Proof of residence at some offices.

There are no changes.

Same financial proof of 800k baht for 3 months or 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

TM7 application form. Copies of passport pages and TM6 departure card. Proof of residence at some offices.

and is it a maximum of 45 or 30 days before expiry of existing extension (for Chaeng Wattana)?

What does 30-45 days prior to expiry date of extension? I have always applied about a week before expiry,and surely the Bt.800,000 has to be in your account three months before visa expiry date.

Some people have travel plans that makes necessary to anticipate the application. Others appears to be just apprehensive.

What does 30-45 days prior to expiry date of extension? I have always applied about a week before expiry,and surely the Bt.800,000 has to be in your account three months before visa expiry date.

I always apply for my extension sooner rather than later (i.e. 30 days rather than 7) since you can never be sure what curved ball Immigration may lob in your direction regarding supplementary documentary requirements which they may dream up on the spur of the moment and for which you may not necessarily be prepared there and then. You don't lose out time-wise by applying for extensions early (unlike in the case of 90-day reportsmad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qsrqHQ4roTc) since a new extension is always dated for 12 months from the expiry date of the previous extension.

• Like 2

Those are the number of days you can apply for your extension prior to it expiring. You can do it on the last day if you want to.

The money has to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply not when the extension ends,

• Like 1

If the gf goes withyou they want a copy of her book also had me fill out some forms for police checks and agree to be a good farang.

One thing they hve never done before in Pathum thani they went on line and checked the exchange rate after they asked me. good thing I told the truth

So as I've only just got my O-A m visa , with a current end date for renewal of Feb 9th 2016 ..

I arrive in Thailand on the 6th March 2015 ..

I need still to go to immigration shortly before the end of my first 3 months , say shortly before 6th June .. And show them what ?

As I believe I don't need 800k in any bank account yet , nor do I until I go for my renewal in feb next year ?

As that correct ?

So as I've only just got my O-A m visa , with a current end date for renewal of Feb 9th 2016 ..

I need still to go to immigration shortly before the end of my first 3 months , say shortly before 6th June .. And show them what ?

As I believe I don't need 800k in any bank account yet , nor do I until I go for my renewal in feb next year ?

As that correct ?

You need to do a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country 90 days from the date you enter the country including that date in the count. You can do the report 15 days before or 7 days after the report date. You will just need your passport and a completed TM47 report form to do the report.

You do not have to anything prior to the enter before date on your visa than do an entry to get another one year permit to stay. Then after that date you will need a re-entry permit if you want to travel during that year to keep it valid. Then prior to that year ending you would need to apply for an extension of stay and have the money in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

As that correct ?

You need to do a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country 90 days from the date you enter the country including that date in the count. You can do the report 15 days before or 7 days after the report date. You will just need your passport and a completed TM47 report form to do the report.

You do not have to anything prior to the enter before date on your visa than do an entry to get another one year permit to stay. Then after that date you will need a re-entry permit if you want to travel during that year to keep it valid. Then prior to that year ending you would need to apply for an extension of stay and have the money in the bank for 2 months on the date you apply.

as usual Joe you are a great help on these matters , I guess I get the TM47 form from the immigration office and fill out when I'm there ? .. And if I leave the country and I'm sure I will at some stage during the year , where do you get the re entry permit from , is that when I go through immigration at the airport or border ? ..

When I was in London last week the girl who gave me my visa said " yes it's multi , if you millionaire you can come back every week if you want hahahaha " .. She never mentioned I'd need a permit to do so ..

As that correct ?

as usual Joe you are a great help on these matters , I guess I get the TM47 form from the immigration office and fill out when I'm there ? .. And if I leave the country and I'm sure I will at some stage during the year , where do you get the re entry permit from , is that when I go through immigration at the airport or border ? ..

When I was in London last week the girl who gave me my visa said " yes it's multi , if you millionaire you can come back every week if you want hahahaha " .. She never mentioned I'd need a permit to do so ..

TM47 download: . http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm47.pdf

You don't need a re-entry permit until after the date your visa expires (enter before date on your visa) in about a a year from now. You use the re-entry permit to keep your last one year entry valid. You can get almost 2 years of stay from your visa by doing an entry just before the enter before date.

Those are the number of days you can apply for your extension prior to it expiring. You can do it on the last day if you want to.

The money has to be in the bank for 3 months on the date you apply not when the extension ends,

If you apply 45 days early, do you keep the original expiry date or does it move back? Any idea how early you can apply at the Jomtien office?

If you apply 45 days early, do you keep the original expiry date or does it move back? Any idea how early you can apply at the Jomtien office?

You keep the same date no matter how many days you do it early. For Jomtien their have been mixed reports some 30 days and other 45 days.

• Like 1

At CM I presented 1m baht in my joint account with my Thai partner. No, it had to be me alone or 1.6m baht. I was told to transfer into my sole name, so I did, which was accepted. What a load of b****cks.

The whole purpose of this rule is to ensure I had enough money to support myself. There is nothing in the rules which cater for a Thai partner. And, if I died, I couldn't support my Thai partner. BTW, Bkk bnk don't have the facility to use either signatures on a single named account. SCB do.

About time some commonsense was applied, which seems to be alien in thai society.

• Like 1

There are no changes.

Phuket is different this year from last in that one needs to 'register' their accommodation as job number 1 , and this is done on the bottom floor

You will need -

A photocopy of your current lease agreement signed by your landlord or your 'house book' photocopied ( if you "own" it )

A photocopied SINGLE page , signed by landlord , containing on the top half the first page of the Land Book ( information page ) and bottom half the owners page of the Land Book ( I kid you not)

A signed copy of landlords or owners ID

A form called "Form for the Owner of Residence" completed - top half is about land owner , bottom half is about you the tenant - and signed by the landlord at bottom ( I was lucky in that my friend brought home a copy of this form that is apparently only available at Phuket Immigration so I didnt have to go there and get one !) Angry people were being sent home with one for their landlord to sign , so they had wasted their day within their first enquiry!

Once you present the above you get a number from the Tourist Assistants that check the papers , and you wait

Eventually your number will be called and you will receive yet another piece of paper to staple into your passport - called the "Receipt of Notification" paper ( Armed with this you will THEORETICALLY not have to do this again- so do not remove it from your passport)

Now photocopy it and go upstairs to start the normal 'Extension' process you have done before ( including filling out a TM7)

It costs 1900 baht

Be prepared to arrive at 8am and have your new stamp by 2,30pm!

If you want a 'Multiple Re-entry' then allow another half an hour or so ( and 3800 baht)

This was my 7th Extension and Ive learnt the hard way , so this time I took a large envelope containing 4 copies of anything I thought they'd ask for ( ie Passport stamps , lease ) plus 3 photos

Do not forget your Bank Letter if you are doing this on the basis of 800k in the bank , PLUS p/copies of the cover page of your bankbook and each page of the transactions of your last year

Be patient!

But the bank letter confirming your bank balance must be no older than a week before the day of application. I have been caught out by this!

There are no changes.

A form called "Form for the Owner of Residence" completed - top half is about land owner , bottom half is about you the tenant - and signed by the landlord at bottom ( I was lucky in that my friend brought home a copy of this form that is apparently only available at Phuket Immigration so I didnt have to go there and get one !) Angry people were being sent home with one for their landlord to sign , so they had wasted their day within their first enquiry!

There is an official form for registering residence - TM30 available to download - quite different from that offered at Phuket, which appears to have been composed locally and photocopied on the back of old documents.The TM 30 is clear and simple in its requirements (unlike Phuket's composition) but I do not know if it would be acceptable in Phuket!

ZAZ

THANKS!!!!

tm30 is not for Phuket

this is

RegistrationofResidence_zps764c2c31.jpg

so

funny how u say #1 is the owner

#2 is the renter ( personal information of Registrar) yet

you say the owner signs it at the bottom even though it says Signature Registrar

whose address at bottom ? address of registrar? the owner or the renter?

weird?????

Edited by phuketrichard

ZAZ

THANKS!!!!

tm30 is not for Phuket

this is

RegistrationofResidence_zps764c2c31.jpg

so

funny how u say #1 is the owner

#2 is the renter ( personal information of Registrar) yet

you say the owner signs it at the bottom even though it says Signature Registrar

whose address at bottom ? address of registrar? the owner or the renter?

weird?????

Yes , thats the form Rich and it is weird

My mates who gave me a copy has a Thai wife that is quite smart and she and their Thai landlord filled in their first attempt incorrectly and had to do a 2nd one

So she was emphatic that the info was landlord up top at No 1 and tenant below at No 2 and landlord signs where you quite correctly say its 'registrar'

As Falang99 says , this is some officials great 'idea' and in Thai fashion its not clear or concise at all ( and mine was also printed on recycled office paper ) but I just checked and its as I say

As my landlord lives next door , I never filled in the address at the bottom , nor was I asked to

Dont forget the copy of landlords ID -signed by him/her AND a copy of a lease - signed by him/her and the copies of the 2 relevant pages of the land book - all signed again!

Its my view this is all about taxation and tracking undeclared income collected by Thai landlords - the falang is being forced to be the messenger

If that wasnt the case , some Thai landlords wouldnt be rewriting leases declaring much lower rents than is the reality , as I hear is happening widely across Phuket

• Like 1

At CM I presented 1m baht in my joint account with my Thai partner. No, it had to be me alone or 1.6m baht. I was told to transfer into my sole name, so I did, which was accepted. What a load of b****cks.

The whole purpose of this rule is to ensure I had enough money to support myself. There is nothing in the rules which cater for a Thai partner. And, if I died, I couldn't support my Thai partner. BTW, Bkk bnk don't have the facility to use either signatures on a single named account. SCB do.

About time some commonsense was applied, which seems to be alien in thai society.

The logic of that is exactly that........... that you can be here on a retirement visa regardless of relationship. A joint account does not identify what percentage is actually your own. Beaurocracy is blind to anything else. Not just Thailand.

The logic of that is exactly that........... that you can be here on a retirement visa regardless of relationship. A joint account does not identify what percentage is actually your own. Beaurocracy is blind to anything else. Not just Thailand.

Right so who is applying for the extension ?

Who's money is it if it is in a joint account ?

Seems perfectly logical to me

and I'm just sayin, not wanting an argument.....peace

UbonJoe,

You are always highly knowledgeable and I very much appreciate all the help you give.

The Siam Legal site says that money in the bank for retirement visa needs to be 2 months in advance of application.

Is that simply a careless mistake on their part, or....??

It is 60 days for the 1st extension of stay (not a visa) based upon retirement and 3 months for the next one and all those there after.

Phuket is different this year from last in that one needs to 'register' their accommodation as job number 1 , and this is done on the bottom floor

You will need -

A photocopy of your current lease agreement signed by your landlord or your 'house book' photocopied ( if you "own" it )

A photocopied SINGLE page , signed by landlord , containing on the top half the first page of the Land Book ( information page ) and bottom half the owners page of the Land Book ( I kid you not)

A signed copy of landlords or owners ID

Once you present the above you get a number from the Tourist Assistants that check the papers , and you wait

Eventually your number will be called and you will receive yet another piece of paper to staple into your passport - called the "Receipt of Notification" paper ( Armed with this you will THEORETICALLY not have to do this again- so do not remove it from your passport)

Now photocopy it and go upstairs to start the normal 'Extension' process you have done before ( including filling out a TM7)

It costs 1900 baht

Be prepared to arrive at 8am and have your new stamp by 2,30pm!

If you want a 'Multiple Re-entry' then allow another half an hour or so ( and 3800 baht)

This was my 7th Extension and Ive learnt the hard way , so this time I took a large envelope containing 4 copies of anything I thought they'd ask for ( ie Passport stamps , lease ) plus 3 photos

Do not forget your Bank Letter if you are doing this on the basis of 800k in the bank , PLUS p/copies of the cover page of your bankbook and each page of the transactions of your last year

Be patient!

Did mine a week or so ago at Phuket. My apartment here is rented through a property agency and the owner lives in Singapore. While I had copies of everything under the sun I could think of I thought I'd try to see, for registration of residence, if I could get away with a letter from the rental agency stating my name, the address, details of the contract (stamped with their office stamp on headed paper) together with a copy of the front page of the contract. They accepted it no problem. I had no need for copy of any owner documentation at all. Office just sent me downstairs with a blank form. Once the Police Volunteers checked the documents I eventually got called up and the Thai IO filled in the form and did everything. For the Phuket form it was merely address details at section one and my details at section two. No owner details at all, just ticked the box saying tenant. Very helpful I found. I'd gone a couple of weeks before the last 30 days on my non-o had started to see if I could get the extension early. No way. But I got the registration of address out the way at least.

When I went back to do the extension the queue was big and progress slow. Waited about 2 hours. I was using the income affidavit which by this time was 5 months old (I had planned to do this in Hat Yai earlier but changed plans), there was no problem BUT I was told I'd need a photocopy of my local bank ATM card to prove I could withdraw money here. Thankfully it was still in the wallet from being used the day before as I don't normally carry it. The ATM card copy was a new one on me, hadn't picked up about that from reading.

What I did notice was that the 7-8 folks I spoke to who went up before me were hitting the desks about 11:00 am. Most were going for retirement extensions and they were all told to come back for their passports after a day or two. Those that had got in early morning were told to be back at 2:30. I was told two days, dealt with at the desks at about 11:45. 12:00 mid day they shut for lunch. Whether there were administrative reasons for the one/two day waits I'm not sure but it just seemed to me that it was more of a queue management thing, trying to keep up with the high-season flood of applications. Everyone was getting under consideration stamps, I was under the impression those were only for certain extension types.

As I live in Patong I opted to head back to the office there to do my multi re-entry after I picked up my passport two days later. Much less of a queue and in and out in Patong in 20 mins.

As an aside, the documents that were accepted for my address registration were also accepted by Immigration Patong for a certificate of residence (issued with no charge). So just a copy of my passport / visa page, letter from the letting agent and copy of page one of contract. I asked them for 3 certificates (two to make car / bike licence and one to buy a bike) but they said no, one enough. It almost wasn't. Land Transport accepted one and a copy for the two licences but the dealer wanted an original. When I told them Land Transport had retained it the day before they called Head Office, said my original had been made just a few days before and the Head Office said Ok, no problem. I just had to leave my passport with the dealer so their staff could do all the registrations the next morning. Picked the bike up in the afternoon.

All quite easy going I found, just the going back for the passport after two days a bit of a pain but no big deal.

Edited by Pick of Penang