Visa Extension, new requirement

Haven't seen any other warnings of this.

Sri Racha immigration now require two extra documents for visa extension.

1) Completed notification for owner of residence and photo copy of their ID. Receipt stapled to passport as well as normal 90 day report.

2) Certificate of medical fitness from one of only two hospitals (no clinics) in the town. Cost 550 baht.

Is it the same everywhere? Since when?

• Like 1

I think it was a retirement extension. Sri Racha is one of the rouge offices (perhaps 2 or 3 total) that want a medical certificate to apply for one, The medical certificate is not required according to the police order for extensions.

But requiring it to be from a hospital is way overboard. The others will accept a 50 baht certificate like you get for a driver license.

this is very worrying if immigration now want (even if only now at rogue offices) a health certificate for a retirement visa.

isn't the whole point of a retirement visa to retire, get old and pass on? i'd imagine most would fail a health check before getting to the end so what's going to happen?

send us home, old, in ill health and probably broke after investing our futures here?

cowardly.

• Like 2

I received my retirement extension of stay of 365 days last month...January 2015. at Sriracha Immigration.

Have used them for many years. Fine, helpful staff. Always accompanied by my Thai friend too.

BUT this time both the above noted requirements were added...

My Thai friend with whom I live with was there and filled out the needed paper for the residence statement.

We were told to get a medical certificate...could use anyone who could provide one...'

directed to a Medical Clinic and paid 200 Thai baht for a quick review by doc and receptionist.

Name...age...Do you have any medical conditions (NONE)...height, weight...pay me.. ...bye.

Returned with the certificate and visa issued in moments.

Always a pleasure to use the Thai Immigration office in Sriracha.

tj

Edited by travelerjim

this is very worrying if immigration now want (even if only now at rogue offices) a health certificate for a retirement visa.

isn't the whole point of a retirement visa to retire, get old and pass on? i'd imagine most would fail a health check before getting to the end so what's going to happen?

send us home, old, in ill health and probably broke after investing our futures here?

cowardly.

The one the want now is just to check for few commutable diseases.

From the one needed to get a OA visa..

1. โรคเรืÊอน LEPROSY

2. วัณโรคระยะอันตราย TUBERCULOSIS (T.B.)

3. โรคเท้าช้าง ELEPHANTIASIS

4. โรคยาเสพติดให้โทษ DRUG ADDICTION

5. โรคซิฟิ ลิสในระยะทีÉ 3 THIRD STEP OF SYPHILIS

Source http://thaiembassyuk.org.uk/forms/medicalcertificate.pdf

cowardly.

It would be intended only to see if you have one of the "dreaded" communicable diseases (like TB or Leprosy) that would, in theory, be a threat to public health. You're free to get old, get sick and die, but they'd prefer you don't take anyone else with you.

"cowardly??"

Not sure what's cowardly about not wanting someone spreading TB. In most cases it's overkill to expect a new report each year, but if someone was reported as gifting TB or whatever to all his acquaintances, I'm sure there would be a hue & cry from TV members asking why long stay farang weren't screened. Probably retirees are less likely to be drug addicts (or maybe I'm being optimistic), but again, why not check?

Edited by Suradit69

""cowardly??""

"Not sure what's cowardly about not wanting someone spreading TB."

I took it that he was just signing his name at the end of the post.

Agree that as easy as it is to get a medical certificate, there isn't a major problem doing so.

It was indeed a retirement extension. Sri Racha immigration instructed my Thai partner that ONLY the 2 hospitals were acceptable. No such requirement at same office last year. Medical consisted of height, weight, B.P., sight test, colour blind test and 10 seconds of stethoscope on chest with no deep breathing. Oh yes and the question "How do you feel?" A joke and yet another rip off by the hospital. But maybe they had to share the 550 baht fee with immigration.

cowardly.

It would be intended only to see if you have one of the "dreaded" communicable diseases (like TB or Leprosy) that would, in theory, be a threat to public health. You're free to get old, get sick and die, but they'd prefer you don't take anyone else with you.

"cowardly??"

Not sure what's cowardly about not wanting someone spreading TB. In most cases it's overkill to expect a new report each year, but if someone was reported as gifting TB or whatever to all his acquaintances, I'm sure there would be a hue & cry from TV members asking why long stay farang weren't screened. Probably retirees are less likely to be drug addicts (or maybe I'm being optimistic), but again, why not check?

HA ha Suradit. See my second post. Medical associated with the certificate was a joke. Spent all of 10 to 15 seconds in the company of the doctor. Everything else was done by trainee nurse.

My 2c worth. Yes, sure, sounds great when the Thai authorities require farang living here to prove that they are healthy, so as not to contaminate Thai nationals. That shows a true and meaningful concern. Of course, some might suggest that a nation where children do not receive all the inoculations they require, where some go to school with no breakfast, and others live with injuries and illnesses that their parents cannot afford to treat, is a more pressing concern.

• Like 1

I think it was a retirement extension. Sri Racha is one of the rouge offices (perhaps 2 or 3 total) that want a medical certificate to apply for one, The medical certificate is not required according to the police order for extensions.

But requiring it to be from a hospital is way overboard. The others will accept a 50 baht certificate like you get for a driver license.

'Rouge offices'? Khmer? However, and notwithstanding, I do applaud those one or two posters who have solely, and not without humour, taken it upon themselves to attempt to interpret the stupid and diverse statements regularly emanating from the self serving, ignorant monkeys who make up Thai Immigration.

My advice is to take everything and the kitchen sink to your local immigration 'office' in order not to give them a reason to make a lucrative 'ploblem' for you. Apes.

• Like 1

I received my retirement extension of stay of 365 days last month...January 2015. at Sriracha Immigration.

Have used them for many years. Fine, helpful staff. Always accompanied by my Thai friend too.

My Thai friend with whom I live with was there and filled out the needed paper for the residence statement.

We were told to get a medical certificate...could use anyone who could provide one...'

directed to a Medical Clinic and paid 200 Thai baht for a quick review by doc and receptionist.

Name...age...Do you have any medical conditions (NONE)...height, weight...pay me.. ...bye.

tj

Funny, that happened to me at the BKK Immigration office about, I guess, ten years ago. That was before they had the huge crush. Got to the officer with the usual paper work (including the copy of bank book which we don't need any more) and she said I needed a medical certificate and added some words which I didn't register. She scribbled something on a piece of paper for me and told me to catch a taxi outside. Taxi took me to a little private hospital, I went through the routine, paid the small fee, took the paper back and was done. Never happened again, but I think they were requiring it from everyone that year.

You know, I've sometimes wondered what happened to suddenly increase the number of people being processed. One year they were on the ground floor, about half a dozen officers and service within fifteen minutes, then a couple years they were up on the second floor, huge open office but wait time no more than about half an hour (ninety day report walk in, fill in form, officer signed, out). Then all of a sudden it was get a queue ticket and wait four hours, then they moved to Chaeng Wattana and it was get there early, get your ticket and wait seven hours. What happened? Never mind, I don't do that any more.

It was indeed a retirement extension. Sri Racha immigration instructed my Thai partner that ONLY the 2 hospitals were acceptable. No such requirement at same office last year. Medical consisted of height, weight, B.P., sight test, colour blind test and 10 seconds of stethoscope on chest with no deep breathing. Oh yes and the question "How do you feel?" A joke and yet another rip off by the hospital. But maybe they had to share the 550 baht fee with immigration.

A color blindness test? blink.png

tj

If you are so very pleased to pay an unnecessary 200 baht let me introduce you to Sisaket office (or presumably many others) where you pay nothing, don't have to queue and are greeted politely.

We'd have a job scraping you off the ceiling you'd be that ecstatictongue.png

• Like 1

cowardly.

"cowardly??"

This always used to be a standard requirement for an extension, but was abandoned years ago. If it has now been reinstated this is a bit worrying.

Getting back to the OP for a moment, what does the following mean specifically:

1) Completed notification for owner of residence and photo copy of their ID. Receipt stapled to passport as well as normal 90 day report.

What notification are we talking about specifically?

On another thread it was stated that you can now do the 90 day extensions on line. Try that and stay away from Sriracha office altogether. No need for medical certificate or any additional locally added on requirements that way.

You cannot do an extension of any kind online. I think you are calling a 90 day report of staying in the country longer than 90 days an extension which it is not.

The online reporting is not available yet.

It is report done by the owner or possessor of a house, condo apartment and etc that a foreigner is staying there.

It done by submitting a TM30 form. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm30.pdf

A color blindness test? blink.png

YES

FULL Title of form is

NOTIFICATION FORM FOR HOUSE-MASTER, OWNER OR THE POSSESSOR OF THE RESIDENCE WHERE ALIEN HAS STAYED. or TM30

Photocopy of ID card for House-master, owner or possessor also required.

Receipt of this notification is stapled into passport.

Even this seems strange to me as I had read that this notification was only required for a change of permanent address or for visiting and staying temporarily at a different address. I have a yellow book as proof that my address has already been notified and copies of that were supplied to immigration.

No idea if another one with the same information will be demanded next year.