Ex-PM Yingtluck in meeting with lawyers before her scheduled indictment Thursday

webfact

Ex-PM Yingtluck in meeting with lawyers before her scheduled indictment Thursday

10-2-2558-15-33-261-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra was reported to be huddled in a private meeting with her lawyers and key Pheu Thai party executives about her scheduled indictment tomorrow by the Office of the Attorney-General in connection with the rice pledging scheme.

Informed sources said that the team would discuss whether Ms Yingluck show report herself to the OAG tomorrow or not as this was not legally required. She is facing charges of dereliction of duty over the supervision of the rice scheme.

Opinions were split on this issue as there was one side who preferred to see her to show up to show her sincerity to face justice and to dispel all the rumours about her planned escape abroad or to seek political asylum abroad.

However, the other side of her team would like her to show up when the Supreme Court’s criminal division for political office holders decides to accept the case for deliberation, said the sources adding that it would depend on Ms Yingluck to decide.

According to procedure, after the indictment by the OAG, the Supreme Court will set up a nine-member panel to consider whether the case will be accepted or not and this process will take about 45 days.

The trial will take between six months to one year.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/ex-pm-yingtluck-meeting-lawyers-scheduled-indictment-thursday

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-18

On the first day of Chinese New Year, heartless.

This is Thailand, not quite a part of the Sinosphere, Eric. And yes, she does appear to be heartless.

What was it you wrote before.... Ah yes, "Congratulations Madame Yingluck".

Edited by dru2
  • Like 1

I am not a Yingluck fan, but just looking at that picture, I have to say that given the enormous amount of pressure on her, both from the military government side, her haters and her brother, I think she has maintained an admirable amount of decorum.

Many men in her position would have crumbled. Perhaps she has a heart of steel, but it looks like she's going to need it.

More likely she has a heart of stone.

If you can remain calm while everyone around you is panicking, you probably don't understand the situation.

nailed it!!! great comment

I am not a Yingluck fan, but just looking at that picture, I have to say that given the enormous amount of pressure on her, both from the military government side, her haters and her brother, I think she has maintained an admirable amount of decorum.

Many men in her position would have crumbled. Perhaps she has a heart of steel, but it looks like she's going to need it.

Absolutely. I don't think even George Bush was under as much pressure as her.

She has held her own and never fallen apart as many would have hoped.

These males that are stalking her are nothing but bullies.

I do believe it has had the opposite desired effect.

She is becoming more popular than ever.

She would win an election even if her hands were tied behind her back.

• Like 2

How do you know when that photo was taken ?

Doesn't say does it could be years old.

• Like 1

"She would win an election even if her hands were tied behind her back."

That's the problem she has, as she very likely will never be allowed to run in an election again if she is found guilty in court. Surely you realize that? Now more popular than ever? Are there statistics to prove this statement?

She is merely a pawn now in the eradication of the Shinawatra clan from politics by the powers that be..

Some people might think she also ran her government with her hands tied behind her back as well as being blindfolded.

• Like 2

How do you know when that photo was taken ?

Doesn't say does it could be years old.

It is. But who cares, she is a half decent Thai actress.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue

and walk with kings - nor lose the common touch

if neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you

if all men count with you, but not too much

if you can fill the unforgiving minuet

with sixty seconds worth of run

yours is the earth and everything in it

and - which is more - you'll be a man,my son

She should have read Kipling before becoming PM

She most likely understands that a case against her could take years..................

Interesting times.

The look on her face is priceless. I'm not sure she knew what she would be into when she accepted the nomination for PM.

hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJL

The picture is obviously a screenshot from a video taken while she is speaking, hence the microphone, so the look on her face is neither one posed for the cameras nor could it hardly be described as priceless.

I think you can put it down to her dumbness....she wouldn't have a clue about what is going on.

• Like 1

She prsonally hasn't been in an election where people vote. She was placed as no 1 on the party List by her brother and his mates and who in the lower house would vote against the wishes of Thaksin for her to become PM. Things would be very different next time if there is one.

• Like 2

On the first day of Chinese New Year, heartless.

Tomorrow is not a public holiday in Thailand. Business as usual.

Vowing to pay farmers, knowing they're deeper in debt and desperate, knowing that your lying to them and not giving a shit - heartless.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1