Thai govt tells EC to fix responsibility for Feb 2 poll failure

webfact

Yu'p reading what you are writing" "individual action" well I count 8 people in this pic ans one victim, one restraining the guy by the arm one throttling him by the neck, three other wrist band wearing people screeching and pointing and two others standing behind them,

and you call it "an individual action" BS mate that's a politically motivated gang attack on an individual going about his legally guaranteed right to vote and being prevented,

Like I said the "FIX" is in mate and you and the rest of the world knows it.

and lastly to the 60 days required by law to hold an election, YOU DID NOT ANSWER MY QUESTION AT ALL, instead you deflected and ran off with the usual But but Thaksin line, gotta say mate that's not have the stones to give and un-bias answer at al now is?

care to have another crack at answering my Q. popit???

Aussieinthailand, you have to realise that if it is perpetrated by the PDRC it is either a regrettable but understandable individual reaction, or if more extreme (opening fire on people wishing to vote with an assault rifle concealed in a popcorn bag) then it is self defence in the face of extreme provocation. If it is perpetrated by Red Shirts then it is murder anarchy, mayhem and justification for a military takeover.

You're right, the fix is in. The rest of the world knows it, the people of Thailand know it. The junta doesn't care and think it is for keeps. Some here on TV think and hope so too.

I think they are both wrong, but it will take time and more of this Kafka-esque nonsense before the inevitable end.

The rest of the world wstches (the junta) and apply a different definition of Thainess to their antics than the junta does.

• Like 1

Actually, I was there, and the could not have intervened in a normal way due to the number of protesters surrounding the station. They could have employed the methods of the previous government and deployed police snipers to shoot the thugs blocking entrance to the stations, but that of course would be overkill, and morally repugnant. So, what to do?

Any pictures?

Also how many polling stations were you at?

Many closed early due to inadequate police presence!

The previous government employed police snipers at polling booths really! How repugnant of Samak (or was it Somchai)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Actually, I was there, and the could not have intervened in a normal way due to the number of protesters surrounding the station. They could have employed the methods of the previous government and deployed police snipers to shoot the thugs blocking entrance to the stations, but that of course would be overkill, and morally repugnant. So, what to do?

Any pictures?

Also how many polling stations were you at?

Many closed early due to inadequate police presence!

The previous government employed police snipers at polling booths really! How repugnant of Samak (or was it Somchai)

Yes, loads.

Enough

No polling stations closed early due to inadequate police presence.

The previous government employed military snipers to shoot peaceful and unarmed demonstrators.

Glad I could answer your questions. Any more?

Edited by In Town

These people are deluded! It's pretty obvious who was in the streets blockading the election shooting guns hidden in popcorn bags and who was sat in their barracks not doing a single thing and that the Electoral Commmission was clearly in cahoots with the plotters and which political party boycotted the election. We have truly crossed over into Alice in Wonderland territory here, where the leadership of a country can publicly spout such nonsense and nobody points out the obvious! Absurd beyond all belief.

YS was told not to hold an election on 02 Feb due to their not being enough candidates, and an election without candidates in some electorates would be judged invalid.

When she ignored the advice and went ahead it was always going to be invalid even if there were no demonstrations

I thought it was ruled invalid due to the voting not being completed in all areas on the same day? I did not know that it was ruled invalid due to there not being enough candidates.

yes when it went to court it was ruled invalid as you say

But beforehand she was warned several times not to go ahead

eg ABC News from 29 January 2013

"Yingluck was warned that the commission candidates have been unable to register in some constituencies, meaning there would not be a quorum to open parliament even if voting went ahead."

Yingluck went ahead with the election as she thought she could ignore Thailand's Law as she had done several times previously

Was going ahead with the election despite commission candidates being unable to register illegal? or just problematic and inconvenient?

I thought the law was to hold an election within 60 days of dissolution?

So if she cancelled it she would have been breaking the law anyway?non?