Four Thai beaches voted best in Asia and a hotel in Koh Tao best in the world for romance and servic

Lite Beer

Four Thai beaches voted best in Asia and a hotel in Koh Tao best in the world for romance and services.

20-2-2558-11-02-46-wpcf_728x411.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Travellers around the world have voted four Thai beaches onto TripAdvisor’s top ten list of the best beaches in Asia.

They also voted a small hotel in Koh Tao, Surat Thani province as winner in four categories to its 2015 Travelers’ Choice.

The rankings for best beaches were determined by the quantity and quality of traveler reviews on TripAdvisor over a twelve-month period.

Phuket’s Nai Harn beach was ranked third, with Krabi’s Railay beach, Phuket’s Kata Noi beach, and Krabi’s Phra Nang beach took 7th, 8th, and 9th place respectively.

Commenting on the rankings, Pichaya Saisaengchan, a PR director for the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) said “We are very proud to hear that our beaches have been recognised as some of the best beaches in Asia by TripAdvisor.

“Hopefully travelers will still continue to visit Thailand to explore the enduring charm of Thai beaches,” he said.

A the same time TripAdvisor also named the Gili Lankanfushi Maldives as the top hotel in the world.

Thailand’s The Place Luxury Boutique Villas, Ko Tao, Thailand won four categories in the award for luxury, small hotels, romance, and services.

Winners were determined based on millions of reviews and opinions collected in a single year from TripAdvisor travelers worldwide.

More than 8,000 hotels, B&Bs (bed and breakfasts) and inns received a prestigious Travelers’ Choice award for 2015.

Travelers have weighed in, and the top hotel in the world is the Gili Lankanfushi Maldives with a 5-bubble rating based on over 880 reviews.

Winners of the 8 categories are:

Top Hotels (Winner: Gili Lankanfushi Maldives, Lankanfushi, Maldives)

Best Bargain (Winner: Lawton Court Hotel, Llandudno, UK).

Luxury (Winner: The Place Luxury Boutique Villas, Ko Tao, Thailand).

Small Hotels (Winner: The Place Luxury Boutique Villas, Ko Tao, Thailand)

B&Bs and Inns (Winner: Millgate Bed & Breakfast, Masham, England).

Top Hotels for Families (Cavallino Bianco Family Spa Grand Hote, Ortisei, Italy).

Romance (Winner: The Place Luxury Boutique Villas, Ko Tao, Thailand).

Service (Winner: The Place Luxury Boutique Villas, Ko Tao, Thailand)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/four-thai-beaches-voted-best-asia-hotel-koh-tao-best-world-romance-services

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-20

BS.

Here are the Top 25 beaches in the world from TripAdviser with Thailand nowhere in sight. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XwDTX7uciwai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cAx1lGI2wn7

http://edition.cnn.c...ches/index.html

You may want to find the top 10 list for Asia and not the world. The OP refers to the Asia list.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Beaches-cTop-g2

Edited by jdinasia
  • Like 2

To be honest after having been to Boracay (I'm sure like many others here on TV) I cannot argue with their 7th place, it is one of the most magnificent beaches I have seen. Some in West Australia are actually better quality but they don't have the stunning Palm Tree backdrop that the beaches in Boracay have.

Can't argue with that for one second...

Saw a similar round up recently and only 1 Thailand beach was voted for - Nai Harn at Phuket - and it came in almost last. Wasn't so long ago, maybe 20 years back, when Thailand beaches were taking 1st, 2nd, 3rd spots in these polls.

BS.

Here are the Top 25 beaches in the world from TripAdviser with Thailand nowhere in sight. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XwDTX7uciwai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cAx1lGI2wn7

I have noticed that some TV members jump blindly to criticize anything to with Thailand before even going through reports in detail. The enthusiasm of making Thailand look bad in any angle is greater than looking at facts.

You may want to find the top 10 list for Asia and not the world. The OP refers to the Asia list.

BS.

I have noticed that some TV members jump blindly to criticize anything to with Thailand before even going through reports in detail. The enthusiasm of making Thailand look bad in any angle is greater than looking at facts.

so very true. They really are pathetic.

BS.

Here are the Top 25 beaches in the world from TripAdviser with Thailand nowhere in sight. wai2.gif.pagespeed.ce.goigDuXn4XwDTX7uci wai.gif.pagespeed.ce.ptXUXgG4cAx1lGI2wn7

You might take a look at number 18 on your link. Are you ever right about anything?

Yep. Missed that one. #18 Hardly Top Ten.

Maybe the stunning beauty of it blinded me.

cheesy.gifwhistling.gif

Your other babble is; just that.

Edited by iReason

BS.

Silly me.

I thought Asia was part of the World.

And one beach, in Thailand is in the TripAdviser World List. At #18.

laugh.png

I prefer to look at the big picture.

Edited by iReason

To be honest after having been to Boracay (I'm sure like many others here on TV) I cannot argue with their 7th place, it is one of the most magnificent beaches I have seen. Some in West Australia are actually better quality but they don't have the stunning Palm Tree backdrop that the beaches in Boracay have.

Can't argue with that for one second...

And yet they rank kata Noi beach and Naiharn beach in front of Boracay!! It's nonsense. Railay beach was voted second best beach in the World a couple of years ago and now it's rated behind Naiharn? Nice beaches on Koh Lanta! Layan beach is miles in front of those too!

• Like 1

BS.

Silly me.

I thought Asia was part of the World.

And one beach, in Thailand is in the TripAdviser World List. At #18.

laugh.png

I prefer to look at the big picture.

You seem not to understand what was actually written in the OP.

Your first reply was to call the article BS and to then quote a different list than was mentioned in the article. You also stated Thailand wasn't on the list you provided a link to. It is.

Your big picture seems to be somewhere other than in the reading the rest of us are looking at.

Edited by jdinasia

That's what I've been sayin on here, too many people think they are too slick, smart, lucky for anything to happen to them on Ko Tao etc. and many of them are right, nothing will happen or even be about to happen. If it doesn't bother them or they can't be bothered, well then just keep on rollin into Ko Tao and give 'em a 10 on Toruist Advisor. I'm about done with caring about it. The word is out and if people want to ignore it they are almost as bad as the people perpetrating the problems to begin with.

It figures; that had to be a hotel in Koh Tao; I won't even start..................

How every single beach and luxury hotel in Vietnam doesn't stand above Thailand is laughable. I guess all the right people in the right places are being properly paid!

Edited by alphaflight

anyone who has money and has traveled the world knows the beaches and islands in Thailand are very average. Really nothing special.

The only people who think the beaches are great are people who have not traveled and don't know what a beautiful beach is and don't have any money to go anywhere else but dirt cheap Thailand.

• Like 2

anyone who has money and has traveled the world knows the beaches and islands in Thailand are very average. Really nothing special.

The only people who think the beaches are great are people who have not traveled and don't know what a beautiful beach is and don't have any money to go anywhere else but dirt cheap Thailand.

These lists are created by travelers.

Something tells me Trip Advisor is easily manipulated

Has anyone here used it for much, and has anyone ever bothered to leave feedback or vote?

Does anyone even open their emails?

Do they even send email?

If you say anything negative Tripadvisor will email you that they cannot publish it because libel laws

Best beach in the world palawan 1th CNN 100 top list

In had Yao beach is a hidden hotel resort was the biggest and most beautiful I ever seen in my life, forget name in meantime

Don't forget that tripadvisor earns a lot of money naming a favorite!

I only thrust my own eyes what I see in real

Has anyone here used it for much, and has anyone ever bothered to leave feedback or vote?

Do they even send email?

If you say anything negative Tripadvisor will email you that they cannot publish it because libel laws
That's not my experience.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do they even send email?

They have been added to my Junk Mail folder. They are just about useless and much to biased.

Yes sir... There are thousands of beaches in the world and thousands of those blow away most thai beaches.... how thailands even made the top 50 is the reason TA is a joke.

Railay beach #7??? Come on. It's ok for about 2 hour, see the dick statues, have a swim around the one point, drink a cold beer and split.
That picture, #18 I think, of the beach in thailand shows it is actually quite ugly and dirty looking.

Edited by Nowisee