Is Thailand not one of the safest and most civilised places on earth?

laolover88

East Asia in general has become the most civil society on earth, that includes Japan,China, Korea, and SE Asia, there is that conflict in the deep south here in Thailand, but it is contained there and the militants never bring their war outside the 3 provinces down there, the multicultural west has become wracked by inner-city violence like in America, and racial conflict in europe, Africa and India - poverty, famine and overpopulation.. central and South America-crime and violence, like inner city USA on steroids.. we're pretty lucky to get to live here imo.

Ignorance is bliss. Acceptance is Nirvana

Dundee in Scotland

You evil fascist...at least send them to Inverness. biggrin.png

Not safe due to "Nessy"

Try Thurso

So the boys went out to a ceilidh... After half an hour, a fight broke out.

"Is it always like this?"

"Are you no' fi' Thurso? Here! These boys arenae fi' Thurso!"

and there then ensued a frantic chase across the fields....

I spent all of January 2015 in Thailand with my fiancé. We were out and about all the time in Surat Thani, Hua Hin, Krabi, Ao Nang. I scarcely saw any police and certainly did not see any crime.

I live in Toronto, Canada at this time which is recognised as one of the safest cities in the world. There are police everywhere yet we still have lots of crime ranging from petty to major.

I'm sure that there are many areas of Thailand that are very safe, such as the ones I have just mentioned.

I never found the need to even give our safety a second thought.

Ignorance is bliss. Acceptance is Nirvana. To the best of my knowledge, I have never had to lock my door in any country, and from the experience of my friends who have been burgled, it would have done no good.

Anyone that sees the blades on sale on Sukhumvit must be exceptionally gullible if they can convince themselves that they are safe

Yes! Another eventful week. 3BB working 24/7. Rained a bit. Mostly c 27degrees..Wife says it is cold at night...Courgettes will be in flower next week. Children will finish school. See the M1 kids have about an acre of vegetables under propagation. Spent a few lunch times on the shop veranda, watching the Lao hills and discussing water levels of the Mekhong with old Lao hands and putting away the decent wine that comes from Savannakhet. Nobody dead here this week from road accidents, though the Channel 3 news is a mayhem of crashed vehicles. Chinese, Russians, Ukrainians, Americans, Brits, Koala bears yet to invade this part of Issan. Several extremely well heeled weddings; never realised how many Benz cars have been imported. The Laos get richer. Tesco Lotus car park full of Lao plated Range Rover Evoques. Meanwhile, elsewhere................Beheadings, homelessness, Arsenal, Chocolate oligarchs, iphones, paedophiles, Arizona police buying tanks, ...... I must be dreaming...............