Van Service From Chaengwattana Immigration TO Mo Chit BTS Station?

Will2011

Hello,

I'm renewing my extension of stay soon and figured that I could pollute Thaivisa forum a bit more! :)

I've always been traveling round-trip by cabs for Chaengwattana Immigration from Mo Chit BTS station. Now, I'd like to take a van and see how it goes. According to the immigration website, I have to take van #10 from Mo chit and get off in front of CAT tower and then take a moped straight to the immigration.

As the website doesn't offer information for the way back, I'd like to know what van to take and where to catch it to go back to Mo Chit BTS Station.

Thank you

There should be free shuttle buses at the Immigration entrance, saves you a motorcycle trip.

On the way back just cross the road over the pedestrian bridge, and pick up a van or bus at the bus stop.

If you want to try the bus instead, take bus #52.

Edited by Jdietz

Hi,

Shuttle buses run every 10 minutes or so. See here: http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/location1.html for details.

Take bus and van on Chaengwattana Rd., pass TOT on left then get off bus or van at Bus Stop in front of CAT.
Then walk into Chaengwattana Soi7 about 100 meters take a shuttle bus to The Govenment Complex, B Building get off at East zone. After that walk to 2nd Floor of South zone you will meet Immigration Division1

I'm a bit confused now.

What exit # should I take to catch van #10 from Mo Chit to CW?

It seems it's near chatuchak park entrance, but the Immigration website talks about Mo Chit 2! Are they referring to the exit #? If they do, it means it's the opposite side from chatuchak!!

You need the vans with the green Pakkred signs in the front, they used to stop outside mo chit BTS but last year they moved to the back side of the park, not too far from the entrance to JJ market. There are many people around who would know and could help you, it may have changed since I haven't used one in about a year.

I salute your stinginess, just pay for the bloody taxi

That's not stingy, I used the 7 or was it 8 baht bus. I could have been stuck in the back of a taxi bored stiff. Instead I watched the Thais doing what they do on the bus. Got the 4 or is it 5 Baht train back. So much more interesting than being in a taxi.

I salute your stinginess, just pay for the bloody taxi

That's not stingy, I used the 7 or was it 8 baht bus. I could have been stuck in the back of a taxi bored stiff. Instead I watched the Thais doing what they do on the bus. Got the 4 or is it 5 Baht train back. So much more interesting than being in a taxi.

Agreed, if the public transport to where you are going is adequate and goes exactly along the same route, there's no need to take a taxi.

Can someone clarify how to find a cheap 25 baht van back to Mo Chit BTS? I've been using cabs myself. Building B (immigration) at Chaeng Wattana does not seem to have any vans parked out front, unless I'm not looking closely enough.

That's a little harder. Cross the road (obviously) and take a motorbike to IT square at the Chaeng Wattana/vipawadee intersection. You could take a but but you will have to get off before IT square and walk a couple of hundred meters. When you get to IT square then cross one of the many footbridges over Vipawadee road. You will see a bus stop and many buses stopping there. That is where you can get the minibus back to Mo Chit but check with the driver as minibuses go to many other destinations from there too.

As an update, I just wanted to report how my van trips went and some observations that came up.

So, as other members said, vans #10 can be taken from Mo Chit BTS Station to Chaeng Wattana Soi 7. Note that in order to take any #10 van from the BTS Station, you have to go to Chatuchak Part and MRT exit side and you'll see a line of vans taking passengers. From there, van #10 costs THB 25 and drops you near CAT building. That means you have to walk like 10 seconds and make a left on Soi 7. If you get there before 8.45am, there's a free shuttle bus that drops you at the Eastern side of Immigration Building B.

However, on the way back, things get more THAI complicated! There's a banner in Thai saying that frequency of free shuttle bus is 30 minutes from 11.30am to 4.30pm. Waiting quite a bit, I didn't see any free shuttle bus coming though. I asked a few people about it, including the information desk and one soldier standing in front of the building, but they were quite useless, and didn't even know there was a free shuttle bus service. Instead of the free shuttle bus, #66 and #166 buses are running every 10 minutes. Those are standard buses that go to Victory Monument and Central Pinklao. But, I don't know whether they stop back at Soi 7, as my purpose was to take the van back to Mo Chit. So, I took a motorcycle taxi for THB20 (banner displayed trip to Soi 7 for THB10, but anyway). I then took the sky bridge to cross the road and waited for #10 van at the "Sukkhothai" style bus stop. The fare is identical regardless the stop you are getting in from.

Besides the free shuttle bus mystery on the way back, vans are faster than cabs, as they take the highway and know where they are going!

Hope it helps!

• 3 months later...

As an update, I just wanted to report how my van trips went and some observations that came up.

So, as other members said, vans #10 can be taken from Mo Chit BTS Station to Chaeng Wattana Soi 7. Note that in order to take any #10 van from the BTS Station, you have to go to Chatuchak Part and MRT exit side and you'll see a line of vans taking passengers. From there, van #10 costs THB 25 and drops you near CAT building. That means you have to walk like 10 seconds and make a left on Soi 7. If you get there before 8.45am, there's a free shuttle bus that drops you at the Eastern side of Immigration Building B.

However, on the way back, things get more THAI complicated! There's a banner in Thai saying that frequency of free shuttle bus is 30 minutes from 11.30am to 4.30pm. Waiting quite a bit, I didn't see any free shuttle bus coming though. I asked a few people about it, including the information desk and one soldier standing in front of the building, but they were quite useless, and didn't even know there was a free shuttle bus service. Instead of the free shuttle bus, #66 and #166 buses are running every 10 minutes. Those are standard buses that go to Victory Monument and Central Pinklao. But, I don't know whether they stop back at Soi 7, as my purpose was to take the van back to Mo Chit. So, I took a motorcycle taxi for THB20 (banner displayed trip to Soi 7 for THB10, but anyway). I then took the sky bridge to cross the road and waited for #10 van at the "Sukkhothai" style bus stop. The fare is identical regardless the stop you are getting in from.

Besides the free shuttle bus mystery on the way back, vans are faster than cabs, as they take the highway and know where they are going!

Hope it helps!

Dear Will2011

Many Thanks, description very clear and helped a lot. I found the "Sukkhothai" bus stop immediately :-)

Just the van 10 is running from there back to Mo Chit about every 20 minutes, just wait...

Thanks again, Prin