The Best Clubs In Cm - Check This Out

Chiangmai Foxy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any answers on what the new Lucky is called ? open ? Will be back in town next week, hoping for an update

Now open and the Big opening bash is on 4th December I believe? Party up and no work the next day.

Still called Lucky

I've heard that "Riverside" and "Spices"'are night clubs were one can actually dance on a dance floor (as opposed to around your own table), making it actually possible to connect with people. Any others? Thanks.

riverside is a restaurant,and i wouldnt call spicy a 'club' by any stretch of the imagination - more like a cattle market full of bar girls,p*ssed up farang looking for an easy girl, and freelance pro's.you can certainly 'connect' will a mixture of all sorts of different people though!

if you want a club,you should try - horizon,warm up,volume 1,fashion house,bubble,monkey club or apparantly the new lucky is supposed to ok.myself i prefer warm up,volume 1 and horizon.i will try bubble again when i return as it has been revamped since my last visit at songkran.

btw anyone know the closing time of lucky now?

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

hm... i smell party people ..

let go clubbing sopme day .. the best club in town is not for talking ..

if you serious clubber let meet up i can let you party from till morning ..

pm me .

spice - is a low class dump . you can't call that a club . is a aids factory

[i wouldnt call spicy a 'club' by any stretch of the imagination - more like a cattle market full of bar girls,p*ssed up farang looking for an easy girl, and freelance pro's.you can certainly 'connect' will a mixture of all sorts of different people though!

Sounds like a wonderful place.

Thanks for the info! :o

> I've heard that "Riverside" and "Spices"'are night clubs were one can actually

> dance on a dance floor (as opposed to around your own table), making it

> actually possible to connect with people. Any others? Thanks.

Nope. Only place I know of with an actrual dance floor is Bubbles....

Not sure about the place in the Duang Tawan hotel.. dance floor or not?

Cheers,.

Chanchao

> I've heard that "Riverside" and "Spices"'are night clubs were one can actually

> dance on a dance floor (as opposed to around your own table), making it

> actually possible to connect with people. Any others? Thanks.

Nope. Only place I know of with an actrual dance floor is Bubbles....

Not sure about the place in the Duang Tawan hotel.. dance floor or not?

Cheers,.

Chanchao

They have a stage that you could dance on.

Warm Up has a dance floor though.

I've heard that "Riverside" and "Spices"'are night clubs were one can actually dance on a dance floor (as opposed to around your own table), making it actually possible to connect with people. Any others? Thanks.

Riverside is a restaurant catering to Farang and others with money. Spice's is a meatmarket. Bargirls, after finishing their shift at places like Spotlight, etc. sometimes go to Spice's to eat and sometimes to pick up the occational customer, who are too cheap to pay a bar fine.

I went to the new spices once a couple of years ago. It was dirty, smelly, filled with "farang khii nok" and I wouldn't call the few feet between tables a dance floor. The food was good, I must say and if it wasn't for all the cheap foreigners there, i would probably eat there, if everything else was closed.

The old spices used to be one of the only places to eat after the bars closed. Noadays, (I'm just an old fart now), it doesn't matter, because it is well past my bedtime :o Again, the food used to be very good there.

Not a nice place to bring a lady. It's really just a restaurant and after hours meat market.

For dancing, I used to like Hotshots (around the table dancing), because they had good Thai live bands and also bubbles, because they had a dance floor, but I found it too crowded and too many people trying to sell drugs there. I sort of enjoyed bubbles music to dance to though.

I also liked Dam Nam Folk...not sure if I spelled that right. A Thai club that plays mostly Carabou type music. Not sure how welcome farang are there, but you might want to check it out. Again, only a little dance floor in front of the stage.

If you get really drunk, you can always go to Spotlight and dance on the stage around one of the poles :D (just kidding)

I sure miss the days, when I had the energy to stay up until midnight (when the clubs started getting busy) and go dancing. Now, if I go to the Brasserie (which has really good blues), I usually want to go to bed after I leave there and have no energy to go dancing.

So to all you young (or old energetic people), I suggest, get all of your partying in now. Don't miss a beat. Get out there tonight - get shitfaced - have a great time

riverside is a restaurant,and i wouldnt call spicy a 'club' by any stretch of the imagination - more like a cattle market full of bar girls,p*ssed up farang looking for an easy girl, and freelance pro's.you can certainly 'connect' will a mixture of all sorts of different people though!

if you want a club,you should try - horizon,warm up,volume 1,fashion house,bubble,monkey club or apparantly the new lucky is supposed to ok.myself i prefer warm up,volume 1 and horizon.i will try bubble again when i return as it has been revamped since my last visit at songkran.

Grand opening Tommorow

heres the website Lucky Bar

Grand opening Tommorow

well it certainly looks alot better.the outside looks good.will check it out in a few weeks

Grand opening Tommorow

so,did anyone go to the big opening or since/beforehand?

looks better,is there a good atmosphere,good music.

judging by the photos on the website,still looks like its 2 seperate bars!,i thought the lucky owners were knocking the wall joining charmin down and turning it into 1!

as i see it there is still lucky bar,and a bar next door with blue walls

Grand opening Tommorow

judging by the photos on the website,still looks like its 2 seperate bars!,i thought the lucky owners were knocking the wall joining charmin down and turning it into 1!

I turned up for a few hours on opening night

Interior is revamped and has a modern chic look about it. 2 plasma tvs on the wall, a new bar with ajoining DJ booth, new toilets and swanky thai paintings hung on the walls.

Atmosphere was brilliant as my drinks and most peoples were free :D Music was good also.

The bar seems only slightly bigger but it was full of people and my perception was getting cloudier by the night :o

Definately worth the visit IMO, esp a starting point before going to any clubs.

Thanks Khun Tan for a great night! :D

Grand opening Tommorow

I turned up for a few hours on opening night

Interior is revamped and has a modern chic look about it. 2 plasma tvs on the wall, a new bar with ajoining DJ booth, new toilets and swanky thai paintings hung on the walls.

Atmosphere was brilliant as my drinks and most peoples were free :D Music was good also.

The bar seems only slightly bigger but it was full of people and my perception was getting cloudier by the night :o

Definately worth the visit IMO, esp a starting point before going to any clubs.

Thanks Khun Tan for a great night! :D

Well, it would need to be a whole lot better than before (before it was revamped)

It was a real dog house and despite the number of posts from "regulars" I don't know where they all were, because it never had many customers in the place.

The BG's usually outnumbered the punters 2 - 1

The only personality they ever had there was "squeeky" who was a real little ball of fun. :D

Edited by john b good

• 1 month later...

well iv just arrived back in england after spending 1 month in c mai.the place and nightlife seems to improve every time i come.

i went to a club called V Club a few times and was very impressed,largely thai crowd.the place got busy at around 3am onwards.(Mahidol Rd - near the airport) very good house/trance tunes and very busy,and full of cool people.

bubble has improved also but still has the tacky element to it,imo

as for lucky bar,big improvement.always busy 3am onwards,spent part of new years eve in there and didnt leave unil 11am in the morning and it was still busy!same female faces in there as ever.

blue bar next door also big improvement from charming bar,with ja still the owner.

very smart new bar just opened 2 weeks ago(not sure of the destination,5 mins from centre) called so far so good.owned by a 26yr old english guy,called guy,from london.he's spent £30,000 on the bar and outside area,very classy joint,mainly frequented by trendy thais.cannot remember the location,a couple of cool thai girls from warm up took me.anyone know the place?

anyway im back at mad songkran and counting the days until we arrive.

• 4 weeks later...
very smart new bar just opened 2 weeks ago(not sure of the destination,5 mins from centre) called so far so good.owned by a 26yr old english guy,called guy,from london.he's spent £30,000 on the bar and outside area,very classy joint,mainly frequented by trendy thais.cannot remember the location,a couple of cool thai girls from warm up took me.anyone know the place?

anyway im back at mad songkran and counting the days until we arrive.

by the way,the classy new bar i referred to 'sofa so good' has quite a warming story behind it.i remember guy telling me he was an inches away from death in the tsunami,and an interview from him was recently done,just as he was planning the grand opening.apparantly doing great business already,certainly busy when i left for england.

good luck guy

http://www.chiangmainews.com/ecmn/viewfa.php?id=1745