German businessman dies of gun wound in Pattaya

Thaivisa News

Guy was a woman beater, fooled around on his girlfriend, she told him it was over and she was leaving him, he shoots himself.

Moral of the story: Don't have pictures of other women on your not-so-smart phone.

Moral Moral of the story;

Dont go with dishonest bar girls !!

RIP Man !

I believe the story.

I have met just so many wacko falang over the past 30 years in Thailand. Some are so unstable that it is more than likely that they are going tap themselves, given the right amount of emotional push. The writing mostly is already on the wall. And Thai women are more than capable of pushing unstable guys over the edge.

However 40 year old guys who take on 20 year old "girls" need their heads read. And they are only girls, kids even. Look at the amount of fluffy toys that they always have in their bedrooms, or dangling from their handbags. You very rarely can get a decent conversation out of a 20 yo Thai bird, even when she speaks reasonable English, or goes to Uni. (many of the very young girls in Soi Cowboy are Uni students getting by). The generation and cultural gaps are just far too wide. Most falang only having them hanging around as trophy gf's.

Boy am I lucky then turning 77 this year and my g/f turns 26. Her brain is mature for her age. Been together 4 yrs. still going strong. I still better check under the pillow in case she has a gun there. Ah heck I am getting paranoid.

Good on you. Hope you are both happy together for many more years yet. I'm 10 years in age behind you but arrived in 1980. Met my Issan girl in 1981 realized she was a keeper and married her in 1982. Never looked back. Don't worry your not paranoid just getting too much subliminal paranoia from the drones. If you do find that gun under her pillow its only there to protect her investment from the competition. Careful it doesn't go off accidentally, that fools the local Sherlocks.

• Like 2

What would be useful is Thai police changing attitude going to a scene like this. Assume homicide, and until enough evidence is gathered to indicate suicide, treat as a crime scene. Her testimony would hardly carry enough weight to indicate suicide. She has reasons to be less than forthcoming. She may be telling the truth, but also could be covering her actions. All the tests suggested should be able to help sort out fact from fiction. But that would involve some work on part of BIB.

'ere is it me in my innocence . Who says the 22 young lady was a bar girl ? she might of been an orphan or a girl rescued from trafficking . Just because this tragic affair might of been avoided had she kept her pants on. Oh ,hang on , Pattaya , yep bar girl. Like I said yesterday before this happened , who wants to live in the brothel capital of Thailand ? That should bring a response or two.

Suddenly pulled out the gun under the pillow. Sounds strange. He knew in advance that the girl was going to go in and break up with him so kept the gun under the pillow just in case. Yeah right.

And if he cheated on her he didn't love her. He didn't have a reason to end his life because she decided leave. B....es come and go. Plus he had another woman.

if he had already another one,

why than suicide ?

a case for CSI,

Where are the beating evidence by Hospital ?

Investigation of the schooting direction - mostly clear if ...

Farong - against Thai - no investigation needed;

RTP - just close the case: Suicide !

Arthur was a business partner and a friend of mine. He did not drink, nor took drugs. He had some issues apparently, weather girl trouble or business-related. He was an importer of Russian vodka and had dealings with Alcatel to launch sales of a few phone models in Thailand. Please give Arthur, his family, and friends some respect by not developing conspiracy theories and other rubbish relating to him and those involved. R.I.P. Arthur.

• Like 2

Why on earth do well-educated men ruin their lives over scamming bar girls?

Speculating perhaps but the odds are this is the fact

"well educated"???

Agreed, where in the article does it indicate that this guy was well-educated!?

it doesn't mention education but IMO someone that graduates the german high school system let alone german university(if he did or not) has a vastly superior education to the average thai let alone bar girl

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why on earth do well-educated men ruin their lives over scamming bar girls?

Speculating perhaps but the odds are this is the fact

Cos' they don't have a shred of sense (despite education) and they like minge.

They are besotted with the attractive Thai girls and can't believe they are gonna get some of that cos where they come from....well....you know.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I cannot believe some of the comments, assumptions, and accusations here. I know these people, and some of the morons commenting on this site have little better to do than comment on things and people they know nothing about....Alan Aunuum, Neeranum and so many others making comments, without knowing the background and current situation of people involved. You are incorrect on so many points and prove yourselves to be idiots with very boring lives

I totally agree. What a bunch of ignorant retards!

Guy was a woman beater, fooled around on his girlfriend, she told him it was over and she was leaving him, he shoots himself.

Moral of the story: Don't have pictures of other women on your not-so-smart phone.

Moral Moral of the story;

Dont go with dishonest bar girls !!

RIP Man !

"Dont go with dishonest bar girls !!"

LOL sort of like saying "only play basketball with midget NBA players"

Edited by atyclb

I cannot believe some of the comments, assumptions, and accusations here. I know these people, and some of the morons commenting on this site have little better to do than comment on things and people they know nothing about....Alan Aunuum, Neeranum and so many others making comments, without knowing the background and current situation of people involved. You are incorrect on so many points and prove yourselves to be idiots with very boring lives

Well If you are aware of other facts around this enlighten people then, if not then you just spouting hot air then

Actually he`s not- But You are..

The only fact is what is written in the newspaper.. Anything else is guessing!

So please, why don`t You enlighten all of us.

Thai's "ladies" just have easy solution to get rid of "naive sucker" in time before ATM will closed down.
Simply, no one really cares about farang and there will be more and more "suicidal" farangs because Thai girls learn quickly from others ....
One thing I learned in Los:
never ever girls want to leave me even when I demanded to have another one in the same time. Knowing or even guessing that I still have money....my girlfriends were crying and getting furious. ..but finally stayed. ...
This case is even more convincing seeing business potential ...not to leave this man...so easly.
Thai's girls are fighters. .!!!
They do not give up so easly untill they have better "milking cow" in their focus.
They decides if man should stay....and if man don't want to ..they "make him stay" or his "charlie" ....permanently.

And law.......555 every farang knows on which side is in Los.

Help with cleaning up Thailand - Leave!

• Like 1

I believe the story.

I have met just so many wacko falang over the past 30 years in Thailand. Some are so unstable that it is more than likely that they are going tap themselves, given the right amount of emotional push. The writing mostly is already on the wall. And Thai women are more than capable of pushing unstable guys over the edge.

However 40 year old guys who take on 20 year old "girls" need their heads read. And they are only girls, kids even. Look at the amount of fluffy toys that they always have in their bedrooms, or dangling from their handbags. You very rarely can get a decent conversation out of a 20 yo Thai bird, even when she speaks reasonable English, or goes to Uni. (many of the very young girls in Soi Cowboy are Uni students getting by). The generation and cultural gaps are just far too wide. Most falang only having them hanging around as trophy gf's.

Boy am I lucky then turning 77 this year and my g/f turns 26. Her brain is mature for her age. Been together 4 yrs. still going strong. I still better check under the pillow in case she has a gun there. Ah heck I am getting paranoid.

Good on ya fella. Ignore the jealous gobshites on here.

• Like 2

I don't know how much forensic testing Thais can do. Just as important, I don't know how much they will do.

Gunshot residue on hands is just one. The distance the gun was from his head is easily determined by the spreading of the powder residue. Then there's the angle the bullet entered needing to be consistent with his ability and normal way to hold the gun.

There's a lot more. Suicide seems to me to be an easy answer.

Where is Columbo when you need him ?

I see more than 20 in this thread alone..

The have already solved the case, and convicted the girl. (And the all found out that she was a bar girl and from Isaan)

They must be brighter than Sherlock!

• Like 1

I believe the story.

Elgordo, you must be so proud of yourself. Your kids would be so chuffed too. You 77 and her 26. That is just so wrong on all counts. She is probably younger than your grand kids. bah.gif

Why not?

• Like 2

Looks like a nice house. That chick has landed on her feet unless it is rented. The cops are looking pretty comfortable in it too. One of them is probably her other boyfriend. However Sunaree is looking fairly tidy in the photo and she's on the market now....... whistling.gif Although, in reality, she was never really off the market.

It won't hold my breath for any follow up story.

I'd just love to hear about the evidence. Was there stippling around the wound indicating a close gun shot indicative of suicide, was there gun residue on his hand, were her hands checked for gun residue, was the gun in the correct hand for a suicide, was the gun shot at the correct angle for a suicide? It doesn't take a genius to determine if it really was suicide. Of course, this kind of thing can be staged, but I'd give odds if she shot him it wouldn't take long to figure that out...IF the police were actually inclined to investigate.

Why ? who are you a Judge / inspector Jacques Clouseau / DCI Jane Tennison

Too much CSI for this poster me thinks

• Like 1

wabothai, on 24 Feb 2015 - 09:32, said:

I wonder, man 41 in the winebusiness and apparently well to do, shoots himself over a 22 year old patthaya bar girl, give me a break.

The girl is lying to her teeth. I hope they investigate the hell out of her.

You are so gullible....wine business!!!!! You check this out very carefully

Before the quarrel, she said she found a picture of Grudda with another woman on his smartphone. well at this stage we have a motive at least. I'm sure a few interviews with his colleagues should direct the way this investigation should go. What amazes me in these situations is why did her hands not get swabbed at the scene. Any microscopic traces of gunpowder on her hand and its case closed.

Why anyone would believe a word out of a bar girl's mouth is beyond me.

Did it ever cross your mind she could be lying?

I don't know how much forensic testing Thais can do. Just as important, I don't know how much they will do.

Gunshot residue on hands is just one. The distance the gun was from his head is easily determined by the spreading of the powder residue. Then there's the angle the bullet entered needing to be consistent with his ability and normal way to hold the gun.

There's a lot more. Suicide seems to me to be an easy answer.

Powder?? Black powder? French? Powder residue? So you are saying the .38 was loaded with gunpowder ? or maybe Blue Dot.

RIP Poor bloke.

Smokeless pistol powder and/or primer powder. When the bullet exits the barrel a lot of debris from the ignited primer and powder exits the barrel with it. There is a very high likelihood that some of that residue will be on the shooter's hand. This is also one of the prime ways to tell how far the gun was from the target as the residue spreads out with distance.

Yes of course a .38 cartridge is loaded with gunpowder. I really don't understand your question when there's google.

You dont know the first thing about modern propellants, the saying gunpowder as far as we are concerned went out with the ark, :) in all due respect,if you are from the USA you may use different discriptions

unless you are into muzzel loading ( a great sport) I use for my S&W .38 special relodes hogoden HP 38 as it is a nice burner

Blue dot is great for 10 gauge shells,but too much poke for my pistol loads.

Good luck Wyatt :)

Bad news for the guy, but a quick way to go RIP