Meal of puffer fish kills 2 men

webfact

Globefish eating is highly unsafe

24-2-2558-15-36-24-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Public Health Ministry to warn villagers not to eat globefish as it is poisonous and can cause death.

Warning came after two villagers at Tambon Huarua in Kumpawapi district of Maha Sarakham died after eating the poisonous fish.

Public health office Dr Ithipol Sungkeng said the two villages caught the globefish from Lamnam Siew river and cooked it as food.

Both reportedly ate the fish in large part and also drank liquor.

Eating the poisonous fish and drinking liquor at the same time could cause the poison to spread all over the body, weaken the muscle and stop the heart beats, he said.

He said although the fish was cooked with over 170 degree Celsius, heat could not destroy the poison.

According to a fishery expert, globefish are found both in fresh and salt water and they all are unsafe to eat.

The poisons are accumulated in the liver and intestines.

Safe eating must be prepared by professional like in Japan who must be certified how to properly and safely slice the fish, he said.

But in Thailand, villagers cooked the whole fish without slicing off the poisonous parts, thus is highly unsafe to eat even though it was heated at over 170 degrees Celsius.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/globefish-eating-highly-unsafe

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-24

wasnt the puffer fish that killed them. these are brackish water fish, you seen what should be brackish water in thailand?

edit : Erh how could i forget. RIP to the chickens, wonder if they were then sold at the fresh market

And were then sold to KFC as second hand chicken.....w00t.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

wasnt the puffer fish that killed them. these are brackish water fish, you seen what should be brackish water in thailand?

edit : Erh how could i forget. RIP to the chickens, wonder if they were then sold at the fresh market

How many times have Thai fish balls been found to contain these, .... answer many times.

Note to self: remember 3rd grade science. Do not eat puffer fish.blink.png RIP to the chickens and everyone else.coffee1.gif

3rd grade science for us. I wonder if it is even taught here at all?

RIP

A lot of loso Thai men leave school at a early age because school is not cool. Thus they don't make it to science classes.

Hint to government: make it illegal for kids to skip school at a young age. Then you will get a better educated workforce.

Since when did any Thai government want an educated workforce?

As tragic as this it, I was just watching on Channel 3 an 'expert' explaining to Sorayuth that even in Japan, death is common from Fugu poisoning, he quoted 50-100 annually. Couldn't quite believe that, and courtesy of the wonders of the Internet, more like 30-40 hospitalizations and 3-6 deaths.

Just once I'd like Thai's to actually admit a problem, then maybe they could educate a fix, rather that just rely on the usual denials and deflections

As tragic as this it, I was just watching on Channel 3 an 'expert' explaining to Sorayuth that even in Japan, death is common from Fugu poisoning, he quoted 50-100 annually. Couldn't quite believe that, and courtesy of the wonders of the Internet, more like 30-40 hospitalizations and 3-6 deaths.

Just once I'd like Thai's to actually admit a problem, then maybe they could educate a fix, rather that just rely on the usual denials and deflections

mass spraying of toxic chemicals to eradicate the puffer fish?, you know same like they do for mozzies

Edited by koo wallety tourist

mass spraying of toxic chemicals to eradicate the puffer fish?, you know same like they do for mozzies

...I was actually thinking of education on the the fish and how to prepare for eating, but your'e right, probably dynamiting the water is more akin to 'Thainess'

Edited by GinBoy2
  • Like 1

How many times have Thai fish balls been found to contain these, .... answer many times.

Don't eat Thai meat/fish balls cause you don't know what's in them (where is Dino today?).

Hey Somchai want some plaa? little misses make killer plaa, she said tonight's plaa is to die for. And who in the hell feeds chicken fish after it killed several people?

"And who in the hell feeds chicken fish after it killed several people?"

Certainly not the those involved in this incident, they succumbed later

Probably an act of saving face and destroying the evidence, 'cause chicken can't talk and are just food source...