recommendation for a aircon engineer in Jomtien

jay1980

I have just moved to my condo after renting out it for the last 5 years and the aircon unit in the bedroom seems very weak.

The compresser fan does kick in but the compresser does not get hot. The wall unit fan is fine, just the air is not comming out cold.

I am not really needing it now with the current cool weather but would like to get it sorted out before Thailand get's hotter.

it is a small 9000btu Samsung model about 5 years old.

hopefully it just needs to be regassed.

could someone recomend a local company to take a look? English speaking prefered.

Many thanks

Khunman Air from Jomtien worked on mine yesterday. They fixed a problem with my drain pipe getting plugged up and the unit dripping water. I had prevously used 2 other companies and they did not SOLVE the problem. These guys (a crew of 3) did a good job of cleaning the unit, used some silicone to secure the unit drain pipe to the house drain pipe and did a good job of cleaning up... only 500 baht... I will be using them in the future for my semi annual clean-up/check-up...

038-251-888

• Like 2

Khunman Air from Jomtien worked on mine yesterday. They fixed a problem with my drain pipe getting plugged up and the unit dripping water. I had prevously used 2 other companies and they did not SOLVE the problem. These guys (a crew of 3) did a good job of cleaning the unit, used some silicone to secure the unit drain pipe to the house drain pipe and did a good job of cleaning up... only 500 baht... I will be using them in the future for my semi annual clean-up/check-up...

038-251-888

This will be the 'Kongman Group" their office is next door to the Continental restaurant in Thrappaya Road just a few meters down from the Threpprasit junction.

Piak is the working partner. I have used him for years, for both a/c and electrical installations, professional and fair.

• Like 1

pk air was good the first time but sadly they all mostly suck depending on who shows up; and i tried many

they had to come back the next day after the last visit to fix the water leak they missed the first time, the reason for my call

this has happened before with other companies

they love to use only tape to fix things

also i insisted that i heard a pop and smelled something burning

the unit now kicks in at a lower setting when before it was cool at a higher setting

i told him over and over to check the electrical parts inside the compressor unit and the guy insisted there is nothing wrong and made token gestures to pacify me, stubborn? cheap? lazy? in a hurry?

anyone have any idea what might have broken?

next time i will talk to the boss on the phone if there is a next time

and why do they always come in threes???

all they do is clean some filters and top off the gas, so there MUST be a gas leak, the pipes look pretty rusty

• Like 1

Hi

Went with Khunman Air out of the recomendations as they seemed the closest.

They turned up on time and seemed to work very efficiently.

Ended up quite expensive, as the heat exchanger and some pipes in the compresser were changed.

Paid 6.5K including a service and clean, explained to a Thai friend in BKK what they changed and when I showed them a pic of the heat exchanger my thai friend said it was a fair price.

6 month guarantee included in the price.

many thanks for the recommendations and advice

cheers

• 6 months later...

038-251-888

This will be the 'Kongman Group" their office is next door to the Continental restaurant in Thrappaya Road just a few meters down from the Threpprasit junction.

Piak is the working partner. I have used him for years, for both a/c and electrical installations, professional and fair.

They now want 550B for a standard clean. Seems rather high to me.

I will be checking PK Air on Thepprasit this week.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the end PK Air came and cleaned my aircon. The quoted price was 400B, and four (!) guys rolled up at the booked time.

They did a very thorough job on the indoor part, removing the covers and the blades and the rotary section inside, all of which they cleaned in my bathroom with a pressure spray. Then they used the spray on the rest of the indoor unit. They didnt use any detergent or chemicals that I noticed. They didnt make any mess and seemed to be quite careful about putting it all back together. They did not check the gas pressure, but as the unit was obviously working perfectly (and is also obviously only a couple of years old) I dont suppose that check was needed anyway.

I requested that they change the rubber pads under the outdoor unit which were rather thin and starting to tear, and they fitted 4 much stronger new ones.

What did surprise me was that they made no attempt at all to clean the outdoor unit, apart from giving the case a rub with a damp rag. I didnt worry to much about this as the people who did the previous cleaning (Numchai) had cleaned the outdoor part quite thoroughly (though they did virtually nothing to the inside unit apart from remove and rinse the filters), and I occasionally give it a spray with the hose as well. Next time I will have P K Air again but will make sure that they do both the outdoor and indoor unit correctly.

The charged an extra 100B for the rubber pads, which seems fair. I tipped them 100B (20%) which also seems fair. I suppose they were there for an hour or so.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I was looking for a reliable air con technician after my condo technician decided that in order to make my air con cool again, I would have to give him 2,000 baht for cleaning with some chemicals and topping up the gas.

I checked up a few Thaivisa threads, and AO was one of the recommended ones. My agent called up AO (http://www.aoservicepattaya.com/ ) in my absence. The bloke turned up and suggested that I replace my compressor. When pressed further what actually was the fault, again the answer was "compressor". In the end, he made his day with 300 baht.

The moral of the story is if your technician turned up and advised you to change your compressor, it's a face-saving way of saying "I don't know how to repair". You either pay him 300 baht and let him go with his face intact, or you change your compressor whenever your air con is not pushing out enough cool air.

I hope the bloke for AO doesn't replace his Toyota Hilux or Isuzu whatever whenever it stalls.

AO means Always Overcharge.

I was looking for a reliable air con technician after my condo technician decided that in order to make my air con cool again, I would have to give him 2,000 baht for cleaning with some chemicals and topping up the gas.

I checked up a few Thaivisa threads, and AO was one of the recommended ones. My agent called up AO (http://www.aoservicepattaya.com/ ) in my absence. The bloke turned up and suggested that I replace my compressor. When pressed further what actually was the fault, again the answer was "compressor". In the end, he made his day with 300 baht.

The moral of the story is if your technician turned up and advised you to change your compressor, it's a face-saving way of saying "I don't know how to repair". You either pay him 300 baht and let him go with his face intact, or you change your compressor whenever your air con is not pushing out enough cool air.

I hope the bloke for AO doesn't replace his Toyota Hilux or Isuzu whatever whenever it stalls.

AO means Always Overcharge.

I decided to be fair to AO. The diagnosis was spot on. Indeed, it was the compressor that failed.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...