Pro-Junta Polls Only, Says Prayuth

Lite Beer

He really said that?

I mean I agree with him that polls are worthless. They say what the pollsters decide they'll say by framing the questions to get the answers they want.

But to say pro govt polls only?

Really, he said that?

Got to be a khaosod interpretation of what was said.

No it doesn't have to be a "Khaosod interpretation".

"Prayut said pollsters had the right to collect political opinions, but not if they aimed to oust his administration or the National Council for Peace and Order."

Prayut said pollsters had the right to collect political opinions, but not if they aimed to oust his administration or the National Council for Peace and Order."

Nothing wrong with that statement and nothing like the Thai Sun's interpretation of it!!!

He is on a mission to create a better and fairer society by attacking corruption and those who commit it and he doesn't want anyone stopping him by sabotaging his work because it interferes with their operations.

He doesn't say that "any polls that show him and his team of missionaries in a bad light should be banned" or anything like this - he needn't have said this BTW as ALL of the polls are (unsurprisingly) positive to the extreme regarding what he is accomplishing!!!

• Like 2

Tough to decide now - is this government really better than what the reactionaries feared a Thaksin regime would eventually develop into?

It is much much much better on so many levels.

I'm interested.

How is it much much much better on so many levels for you?

Will you list some?

Well, I will start out by saying I am not a fan of this regime. But:

1. Bangkok is open for business again. The shutdown Bangkok nonsense has ended. Did you forget about that? How long was the capital blocked up, congested, and filled with people sitting in the streets?

2. Chalerm is gone. That alone is a cause for celebration. I know the general says some zany stuff. But, do you remember Chalerm's daily pronouncements? Even Fidel Castro, Mugabe, and Fat Kim are less foolish than that charicature of a man.

3. Yingluck is gone. Her incompetence was beyond comprehension.

4. The rice, and yucca, and whatever other pledging schemes are gone, allowing the treasury to catch up, and get back to business, instead of the country being bankrupted, for the sake of buying votes.

5. That family is no longer in power.

I could continue all day long. But, I will stop there.

• Like 1

He really said that?

I mean I agree with him that polls are worthless. They say what the pollsters decide they'll say by framing the questions to get the answers they want.

Really, he said that?

"Prayut said pollsters had the right to collect political opinions, but not if they aimed to oust his administration or the National Council for Peace and Order."

Yes, I know that's what khaosod said he said. I however don't trust a word that rag says, so forgive me if I exercise doubt over the veracity of their report.

However if he really did say that……...

Yes, he really said that... where, oh where are costas and djjamie to put a red herring to re-flavour this stewed fascism...please, oh please, save us from all ugly truths! We need truthiness! We need spin! We need ad hominem attacks and misdirection!

They are in absentia, of course; anything that smells rotten must be from Thaksin. Oops, stole their canned thunder, methinks.

Goodness me what next? Setting up red NCPO villages up north where the entrance is marked with a symoblic stone displaying the NCPO symbol. A large open market area with a stage decorated with red NCPO streamers displaying a large poster with Prayuth on it. Where if you don't support reds Prauyth you are ostracized or criticized or simply looked down upon.

Then there is the UDD schools attitude adjustment forums.

Heaven help us if they go down that path or is Prayuth actually mimicking the PTP and who will remove Prayuth if he mirrors the party he overthrew with the backing of the majority?

You have pretty much summed up the direction he is taking the country except he already has the attitude adjustment factories where those that refuse to love and adore him are dragged off to. Yes those that don't worship and kiss the feet of the junta are ostracised, criticized and frowned upon. This is why polls that only worship the man are allowed, it helps with the propaganda lies and keeps all the mushrooms in the dark.

Where are these " attitude adjustment factories" other than in your fevered mind !!!

Chooka, djjamie...every Army, Navy and Air Force camp, outpost and facility can now house the beloved and eager guests nationwide.

Prayuth, the gift that keeps on giving. Bless.

And all faithfully reported to us by Khaoson - that bastion of free press, free speech and justice for all owned and dictated to by Thaksin Shinawatra, convicted criminal, owner of PTP and fugitive from justice,

Yes, every word they print can be believed.

• Like 1

He really said that?

Really, he said that?

Yes, I know that's what khaosod said he said. I however don't trust a word that rag says, so forgive me if I exercise doubt over the veracity of their report.

Yes, he really said that... where, oh where are costas and djjamie to put a red herring to re-flavour this stewed fascism...please, oh please, save us from all ugly truths! We need truthiness! We need spin! We need ad hominem attacks and misdirection!

They are in absentia, of course; anything that smells rotten must be from Thaksin. Oops, stole their canned thunder, methinks.

Thaksin owns Khaosod.

Of course expect they have complete editorial freedom and could write absolutely anything in their keen pursuit of journalistic ethics and standards - not.

Anything coming out of Khaosod is "approved' - or are you naive enough to believe otherwise?

• Like 1

I'd prefer that to the usual " 97% of community leaders said they enjoyed Marshall law and asked for their freedom of speech to be more suppressed ?"

Ay least there will be no doubt now , if there was doubt before, that all these polls are BS

All polls are BS.

• Like 1

He really said that?

Really, he said that?

Prayut said pollsters had the right to collect political opinions, but not if they aimed to oust his administration or the National Council for Peace and Order."

Nothing wrong with that statement and nothing like the Thai Sun's interpretation of it!!!

He is on a mission to create a better and fairer society by attacking corruption and those who commit it and he doesn't want anyone stopping him by sabotaging his work because it interferes with their operations.

He doesn't say that "any polls that show him and his team of missionaries in a bad light should be banned" or anything like this - he needn't have said this BTW as ALL of the polls are (unsurprisingly) positive to the extreme regarding what he is accomplishing!!!

Thanks, that really made me chuckle. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Thaksin owns Khaosod.

Of course expect they have complete editorial freedom and could write absolutely anything in their keen pursuit of journalistic ethics and standards - not.

Anything coming out of Khaosod is "approved' - or are you naive enough to believe otherwise?

Thaksin owns Khaosod.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Wouldn't be long before the junta issued their version of little yellow book on gem word of wisdom by their dear leader. Would include popular qoutes like:-

I am a soldier of democracy

I will not stage a coup

Someone is putting a curse on me

Homework is too difficult for students

Do whatever you like and wear bikini whenever they like

Don't go shopping to solve debt problems

And the latest Only pro junta poll

Sure mades Yingluck looks a lot smarter.

Would that be Yingluck of:

My helicopter can't fly at night, no lights

There is no corruption in my government

I'm in charge

There won't be another cabinet shuffle

The people selected in the cabinet shuffle are hand picked for their knowledge, skill and potential

I speak with my brother (the criminal fugitive) nearly every day

All the amnesty bills have been withdrawn (well apart from the one my brother instructs has to be tricked into law to whitewash him)

Go home and trust us

The loan needs to be off budget and outside parliamentary checks so we can use the money more easily - just trust us (with 2.2 trillion baht)

Food prices aren't going up - it's just your imagination

I've negotiated G2G deals for rice sales

The rice scheme is self financing

There are no quality or inventory problems int he rice scheme

The rice scheme helped poor farmers (not according to the World Bank)

We don't need more loans there is enough money to pay the farmers (a lie)

The farmers will be paid next week - I vow (a bigger lie)

I have not done anything wrong (apart from breaking the law for nepotism, and allowing a non elected convicted criminal to run the government, and failing to due the duty she swore to do. And lying regularly whilst in office).

Yes, she's sure one smart amply rich woman.

• Like 2

He really said that?

Really, he said that?

Thanks, that really made me chuckle. biggrin.png

What is there to chuckle about?

Would you not agree with me that Prayut has done more to promote the stamping out corruption than YS or TS. They seemed more intent on the actual promotion of corruption (and they were experts at it) - probably down to Thaksin using what he learnt from his 'criminology' doctorate to serially abuse the system for his own means!!

Lets see if you chuckle about that one.

For some reason the NY Times seems to think that Thaksin and Yingluck governments were democratic. If they truly believe this then there is no point in referring to anything else in the article as it is clear that they do not comprehend the situation at all!!

Goodness me what next? Setting up red NCPO villages up north where the entrance is marked with a symoblic stone displaying the NCPO symbol. A large open market area with a stage decorated with red NCPO streamers displaying a large poster with Prayuth on it. Where if you don't support reds Prauyth you are ostracized or criticized or simply looked down upon.

Then there is the UDD schools attitude adjustment forums.

Heaven help us if they go down that path or is Prayuth actually mimicking the PTP and who will remove Prayuth if he mirrors the party he overthrew with the backing of the majority?

You have pretty much summed up the direction he is taking the country except he already has the attitude adjustment factories where those that refuse to love and adore him are dragged off to. Yes those that don't worship and kiss the feet of the junta are ostracised, criticized and frowned upon. This is why polls that only worship the man are allowed, it helps with the propaganda lies and keeps all the mushrooms in the dark.
Where are these " attitude adjustment factories" other than in your fevered mind !!!

so you haven't been paying attention? whistling.gif

Not to the" attitude adjustment factories" NO. Basically because " factories" don't exist .

Tough to decide now - is this government really better than what the reactionaries feared a Thaksin regime would eventually develop into?

It is much much much better on so many levels.

I'm interested.

How is it much much much better on so many levels for you?

Will you list some?

Well, I will start out by saying I am not a fan of this regime. But:

1. Bangkok is open for business again. The shutdown Bangkok nonsense has ended. Did you forget about that? How long was the capital blocked up, congested, and filled with people sitting in the streets?

2. Chalerm is gone. That alone is a cause for celebration. I know the general says some zany stuff. But, do you remember Chalerm's daily pronouncements? Even Fidel Castro, Mugabe, and Fat Kim are less foolish than that charicature of a man.

3. Yingluck is gone. Her incompetence was beyond comprehension.

4. The rice, and yucca, and whatever other pledging schemes are gone, allowing the treasury to catch up, and get back to business, instead of the country being bankrupted, for the sake of buying votes.

5. That family is no longer in power.

I could continue all day long. But, I will stop there.

He could have also personally saved 3 kittens but a fire. But you know what, saving kittens and all the stuff you mentioned above does not, and will never compensate for further loss of freedom of speech.

Don't be short-sighted.

• Like 2

He really said that?

Really, he said that?

The quote I provided is a link to The Nation............................whistling.gif

What is the difference ? In practice it means he can decide if a poll was aimed at "ousting" him or not. So if the results of a "non-ousting" poll shows him up for what he is he can act against the pollsters. You either have free speech or you don't, its black and white, no gray.

i really dont know why anyone is surprised by this. the goals of the junta have been obvious from the beginning. Anyone who believed that they would be willing to let go of power any time soon (if ever) is seriously deluded.

• Like 2

Please read the pinned topic at the top of the Thailand News forum

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/769792-notice-to-members-posting-in-thailand-news/

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed

Posting suspensions from this point onwards. We have to consider the ability of ThaiVisa to continue to function in this society. Without it you can't debate these subjects so readily with your peers. Please respect that.