Email Notifications on quoted posts

Costas2008

RichCore

Thankyou for your "kind" comments. I am a farang but I do live in Thailand. No further comment is warranted

Thanks for the quoted text. It revealed that the quoted text notification system had not been fixed.

I was having fun with the return reply (to which I guessed the notification is still broken and you wouldn't receive).

The whole exchange (and lack of notifications) did get me curious as to the actual cause an spurred me to do some simple research that I then forwarded on to support. Hopefully it will turn out to be the answer to an ultimate fix.

So while I was having a bit of humorous fun, possibly at your expense, you potentially are the reason a possible actionable course may now be in the works.

Then again, I could be wrong. Again.

RichCore

Thankyou for your "kind" comments. I am a farang but I do live in Thailand. No further comment is warranted

Thanks for the quoted text. It revealed that the quoted text notification system had not been fixed.

I was having fun with the return reply (to which I guessed the notification is still broken and you wouldn't receive).

The whole exchange (and lack of notifications) did get me curious as to the actual cause an spurred me to do some simple research that I then forwarded on to support. Hopefully it will turn out to be the answer to an ultimate fix.

So while I was having a bit of humorous fun, possibly at your expense, you potentially are the reason a possible actionable course may now be in the works.

Then again, I could be wrong. Again.

as usual

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting some through to my android ThaiVisa Connect app via notifications. Still many missing, and no notifications on the website.

I wish someone would give us an issue update.

Considering how long this has been going on and that a mod (Maestro) was involved and has tried to respond I am somewhat bemused that there has been no real "official" statement about a solution. Even if it were only to let posters know that it is being looked at but they are having issues resolving it...........blink.png

If I were of that ilk I may be thinking that perhaps they get more page views as people have to check back on posts more often to see if there is a reply........................or something coffee1.gif

• 2 weeks later...

FWIW, I also have this issue for a while now. I don't use email notification, I just look at the small Notification icon at the top of the page. It shows a number value when posts are liked, but not if someone quotes/responds like it used to.

Not the end of the world, but a walk backward. Youtube embeds show up as black screens for about the same amount of time as this Notification thing has been occurring.

I'm PC, Win 7, Mozilla latest version with updated plug ins.

FWIW, I also have this issue for a while now. I don't use email notification, I just look at the small Notification icon at the top of the page. It shows a number value when posts are liked, but not if someone quotes/responds like it used to.

Not the end of the world, but a walk backward. Youtube embeds show up as black screens for about the same amount of time as this Notification thing has been occurring.

The good news is there is a quick fix for the in-browser/emailed "new post" and "quoted post and reply" notifications issue.

The bad news is it involves removing support for the ThaiVisa Connect Android and iOS devices.

I believe it's the software 'hook' that's causing the issue.

The YouTube embed black screen is unrelated, and most likely a browser plug-in issue on your end.

I would embed a helpful YouTube video, but that might be considered trolling.

The good news is there is a quick fix for the in-browser/emailed "new post" and "quoted post and reply" notifications issue.

The bad news is it involves removing support for the ThaiVisa Connect Android and iOS devices.

The YouTube embed black screen is unrelated, and most likely a browser plug-in issue on your end.

Thank you.

So does this means the issue will be fixed or not? It worked fine until this new update to the app....why not just reissue the old app?

It's a server-side issue.

Probably the Tapatalk modules that allow ThaiVisa Connect to work.

Version 4.2.2+ of the Tapatalk "Hook" and/or "Plugin" forum modules were supposedly created to fix the issue. But here we still are.

If it's not the Tapatalk modules, then some other recently added server-side code it creating the issue.

Thank you.

FWIW, found the problem w/ embedded YT vids. You were right. Extension "You Tube Center 2.1.7" in Firefox v37. Disable the extension, the embedded video appears on my screen. Thanks. thumbsup.gif

We are expecting an update of the App shortly which will resolve this. Sorry for the delay.

we are well into May now... "shortly" is obviously used in the Thai sense...

any update on when to expect the new app to come?

• 2 weeks later...

We are expecting an update of the App shortly which will resolve this. Sorry for the delay.

we are well into May now... "shortly" is obviously used in the Thai sense...

any update on when to expect the new app to come?

In another thread Crossy mentioned something to do with "a new version of the software" - is that the same speak as App?

As Swiss1960 mentions it is now over a month since george's last comment. An observation on a likely time scale would be very welcome - whether that be one or many more months away?

Lets face it....nobody cares and they are not going to fix the issues. This first appeared back in Feb and the only time somebody says anything is when one of us reminds them here. Typical response to any issue a person has.

Edited by 2fishin2

Lets face it....nobody cares and they are not going to fix the issues. This first appeared back in Feb and the only time somebody says anything is when one of us reminds them here. Typical response to any issue a person has.

Silver linings. You're likely to waste less of your remaining life engaged in pointless, predictable banter about the ills of Thailand. It's a lovely day outside, get out there! biggrin.png

• 3 weeks later...