Farang praised by Facebook users for community services in Udon

Thaivisa News

I don't think many Thais will be rushing out and join him in his cleaning adventure but you must admire his determination to clean up Thailand Germany cleans up Thailand but corruption still rife

he will have them all marching around in uniforms and little jack boots soon...rolleyes.gif

just like Chang Mai

Nice farang story. He'll probably get picked up by labor for not having a work permit.

depressingly predictable response. thank you for perpetuating yet another thai visa cliche.

hurry along now, i am sure there is another thread running somewhere else where you can respond with "Thainess", use the phrase "walking ATM" or exhort the police to "blame it on the burmese"

keep up the original work

People don't bother reading the thread and therefore think they are clever and the first to mention about work permits.

I bet they're aghast and embarrassed when they realise just how many have mentioned it prior to them.

Had to think about your quote at the bottom of your post, scary isn't it. ""Man is made or unmade by himself; in the armory of thought he forges the weapons by which he destroys himself"

Try the complete quote:

“Man is made and unmade by himself. In the armory of thought he forges the weapons which will destroy him. He also creates the tools with which he will build for himself heavenly mansions of joy and strength and peach. Between these two extremes are all the grades of character, and man is their maker and their master. ”
  • Like 2

This is clever is you dont have the money to go home just start working next to any immigration office/police station soon you will get deported .FREE

I would carry a bag of lemons just in case and say im dropping them off for the wife also

Maybe hates his wife and its all part of the plan .Sorry telak but i just got deported!

Reminds me of a american guy walking around the local park shouting through a hand held microphone in Thaiglish telling locals to keep the park tidy and to pick up litter

Ended up a bit much as he was loud as well an American. Plus with a 100 watt microphone

Havent seen him for a while probably ended up in the lake hahaha .he sid start to annoy the locals .

Anyone seen him .youngish 6ft muscular. Goaty beard .annoying <deleted>?

This is clever is you dont have the money to go home just start working next to any immigration office/police station soon you will get deported .FREE

I would carry a bag of lemons just in case and say im dropping them off for the wife also

Maybe hates his wife and its all part of the plan .Sorry telak but i just got deported!

There is no free deportation, you still have to come up with money for the ticket or sit in the IDC until you can and that makes cleaning phone booths look like fun

He needs to be arrested, deported and blacklisted for working without a work permit and violation of his tourist visa. He is clearly taking away work from Thais who would relish the opportunity to serve their community by doing some hard, unpleasant work without pay.

• Like 1

People don't bother reading the thread and therefore think they are clever and the first to mention about work permits.

I bet they're aghast and embarrassed when they realise just how many have mentioned it prior to them.

Ha ha you think so?

This is TV we're talking about.

Will the locals copy him?

I actually have also done a fair amount community work around my small village. I spend time with the local kids so they can practice their English. I've cleaned the side of the roads and tell Thai they should not let themselves live in a garbage dump. It actually improved their bad habit a little and a few residents cleaned up in front of their place. I think they are a shame to see a Farang pointing to them how "dirty" they are. This is how you make changes in the world folks. I'm an electrician so I've been fixing electrical stuff at the local Buddhist temple donating my time and material. I'm getting to be very well liked around the community without having to spend a lot of money LOL. I think all the Farang should do some clean up around their village or town to get some exercise and educate the Thai about dumping garbage looks very bad. I also built a solar hot water tank which was getting a lot of laughs in the village at first. Now, after my family started telling to the villagers how well it work (for free and no extra work), some are asking questions about it. I suspect someone will build one soon... EDUCATION is the key. Showing Thai people that Farangs have a lot more to offer than money helps break that stigma that we are dumb but rich. Some of us are just to opposite on both counts...

Maybe we should start a Facebook group for farangs who do community support to educate Thais about better ways of doing things? Anyone interested?

• Like 1

he might want to wash his clothes a bit more often.

just a thought

really? if there were a thought in that head of yours you probably would have refrained from posting.

what a truly miserable place thaivisa can be.

seems to me the only one miserable on this thread is you, both your contributions have been whinging and moaning in nature,

if life on TV is so bad dear boy, stop reading it then

Mr Pot meet Mr Kettle

God bless the Germans and their beautiful beer and neatness they are like that it all has to be in order but he should be careful isn't this still "Work" whether paid or not? I think they would have to be pretty mean to arrest him.

The Bangkok elite crowd would probably classify him as "A threat to the nation".

Sorry for not joining the praise party.

Westerners (and, I regret to say, Germans in particular) who come here and display a sanctimonious, patronizing attitude on the issue of cleanliness, should be reminded that they are not a superior race, or superior culture, and that they should clean their own house before pointing their holy fingers at everyone around.

another Farang stealing all the desired Jobs from Thai people. No wonder they tighten the Visa rules every now and then.

oh, but before deporting him --->>> there is still waaayyyyyyy too much pigeon poo on my balconies.... could he maybe..... ?

Yes, a good deed but why don't the Thai's themselves keep their areas clean. Their homes are clean inside except they throw all trash in the woods, streets , buses etc..., the public toliets area another story. This is the dirtiest Asia country I have every been in. When I was a teacher the kids had the habit of just throwing their trash on the classroom floor. There were times I spent the whole period cleaning the room before I teached.

All of the people they have in jails should be doing this work to repay their debt. No brainer.

• Like 1

Yes, a good deed but why don't the Thai's themselves keep their areas clean. Their homes are clean inside except they throw all trash in the woods, streets , buses etc..., the public toliets area another story. This is the dirtiest Asia country I have every been in. When I was a teacher the kids had the habit of just throwing their trash on the classroom floor. There were times I spent the whole period cleaning the room before I teached.

All of the people they have in jails should be doing this work to repay their debt. No brainer.

What did you teach? Not English I hope.

• Like 2

Nice farang story. He'll probably get picked up by labor for not having a work permit.

depressingly predictable response. thank you to your self and all the others who follow suit for perpetuating yet another thai visa cliche.

hurry along now, i am sure there is another thread running somewhere else where you can respond with "Thainess", use the phrase "walking ATM" or exhort the police to "blame it on the burmese"

keep up the original work

your reaction is not fair, as he is right, as so many farangs have been arrested for doing good work without pay but also without a work permit.

don't blame him, blame Thai Immigration or Police officials.

here in Hua Hin, a very nice German lady has picked up street dogs to give them a cleaning up, some medical care when needed and vaccinations, she has spent over 2 miliion baht on hundreds of Soi dogs all over Hua Hin in the past 5 years, yet she was arrested and is not allowed to proceed

This work thing is confusing. I assume work is defined (by official standards) as that which is done for monetary compensation. If the monetary part is eliminated then everything we do is work from making our beds to parking our bikes. If someone is doing some voluntary activity for no compensation, how is that regarded as work?

Perhaps we need to have some official clarification on this?

Edited by arend

German guy says he has cleaned Udon town for 6 years
By Coconuts Bangkok

germanudon_0.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The German man who has become Udon Thani's favorite farang after he was seen cleaning a telephone booth in the city said he has been cleaning the town for six years.

Rudy, a 55-year-old tourist from Berlin, said yesterday he has been visiting Udon Thani once a year for the past six years.

Rudy, who has a cleaning job in Germany, buys cleaning equipment and, every year, cleans telephone booths, signs and picks up the trash from 7am - 4pm every day during his vacation.

He is scheduled to travel home today after spending five weeks in Thailand.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2015/02/26/german-guy-says-he-has-cleaned-udon-town-6-years

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2015-02-26

• Like 1