Farang praised by Facebook users for community services in Udon

Thaivisa News

This is clever is you dont have the money to go home just start working next to any immigration office/police station soon you will get deported .FREE

I would carry a bag of lemons just in case and say im dropping them off for the wife also

Maybe hates his wife and its all part of the plan .Sorry telak but i just got deported!

great plan but they lock you in a detention centre until you can pay for your own flight home. some have been in there for years :(

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Sorry for not joining the praise party.

Westerners (and, I regret to say, Germans in particular) who come here and display a sanctimonious, patronizing attitude on the issue of cleanliness, should be reminded that they are not a superior race, or superior culture, and that they should clean their own house before pointing their holy fingers at everyone around.

don't know where it said anything about believing that Europeans are a superior race...he should be thanked for coming here and cleaning up after these people (who by and large believe that the earth is their trashcan)...plus actually if there is anything to get patronising and all on the high horse it would be cleanliness...because at least Europeans (and americans to a lesser extent) understand generally that the earth ISNT a trashcan....so in that case, yes there is some rightful feelings of superiority....

• Like 1

Odd to be sure but you have to admire that he has a mission. Lets face it, anyone doing good is held up as being suspect. At the same time sad since nobody in this country is going to appreciate it ... muttering "farang bah" as they toss their rubbish anyplace convenient.

Anyone can work in Thailand. You only need a work permit if you are getting paid for that work.

Odd to be sure but you have to admire that he has a mission. Lets face it, anyone doing good is held up as being suspect. At the same time sad since nobody in this country is going to appreciate it ... muttering "farang bah" as they toss their rubbish anyplace convenient.

Anyone can work in Thailand. You only need a work permit if you are getting paid for that work.

"Anyone can work in Thailand. You only need a work permit if you are getting paid for that work."

Famous last words. Stand by for incoming!ph34r.png.pagespeed.ce.GOH20nhrx_1x6kyCr

depressingly predictable response. thank you for perpetuating yet another thai visa cliche.

hurry along now, i am sure there is another thread running somewhere else where you can respond with "Thainess", use the phrase "walking ATM" or exhort the police to "blame it on the burmese"

keep up the original work

People don't bother reading the thread and therefore think they are clever and the first to mention about work permits.

I bet they're aghast and embarrassed when they realise just how many have mentioned it prior to them.

Had to think about your quote at the bottom of your post, scary isn't it. ""Man is made or unmade by himself; in the armory of thought he forges the weapons by which he destroys himself"

Try the complete quote:

“Man is made and unmade by himself. In the armory of thought he forges the weapons which will destroy him. He also creates the tools with which he will build for himself heavenly mansions of joy and strength and peach. Between these two extremes are all the grades of character, and man is their maker and their master. ”

And as a final mark of respect for the dead, how about merely adding the name of the author of this quote?

http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/109366-man-is-made-and-unmade-by-himself-in-the-armory

Yup immigration must charge him with working without a permit. Sad state of affairs . Just think how much ahead Thailand can be if they say to all the retirees

Ok you can only do community based initiatives without a work permit. How wonderful that would be for all Thais. Help in orphanages, protect the parks, Help tourists who are having some problems. Help the poor, and so on and I am sure the retirees would love to help the country

But Thais will bite of their nose rather than accept incredible help from Faranags

Correction. He's volunteering without a permit. Normal fee for a volunteer is $600 for one month! check out the 'volunteers pages'.

Look at the fuss when volunteers turned up to assist after the tsunami. The Thais didn't want them, and it took foreign embassies protests before Thais would accept them.

Nice farang story. He'll probably get picked up by labor for not having a work permit.

depressingly predictable response. thank you for perpetuating yet another thai visa cliche.

hurry along now, i am sure there is another thread running somewhere else where you can respond with "Thainess", use the phrase "walking ATM" or exhort the police to "blame it on the burmese"

keep up the original work

People don't bother reading the thread and therefore think they are clever and the first to mention about work permits.

I bet they're aghast and embarrassed when they realise just how many have mentioned it prior to them.

I doubt they're aghast or embarrassed: they probably barely read the OP properly before making their stupid cliche, then move on to the next cliche opportunity and rarely return. Then, if they actually do come back and realise they just repeated what numerous others already posted, I imagine they won't really care anyway. Thick skin on a thick head.