Murder-accused named adviser to Thai justice minister

webfact

Murder-accused named adviser to justice minister
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- President of the Southern Press Association Chaiyong Maneerungsakul, who is facing a court trial for allegedly hiring gunmen to kill his 48-year-old wife Wanphen in a rubber plantation in Songkhla province last year, was among five individuals appointed as advisers to Justice Minister General Paiboon Khumchaya.

The minister's order number 3/2558 - signed by Paiboon on February 16 - appointed as additional advisers Suthipan Khananurak, Prayoondech Khananurak, Somchai Tansrisakul, Chaiyong Maneerungsakul and Colonel Chainarong Kitrungrojcharoen.

The murder of Wanphen took place on May 31, 2014 and the arrest warrant was issued for Chaiyong on June 4, 2014. Chaiyong has been out on bail and the ongoing court trial was slated to hear testimonies from the plaintiffs' side on June 18.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Murder-accused-named-adviser-to-justice-minister-30254867.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-02-26

YL is guilty until proving innocent by the cries of many TV members. While this guy is innocent until proving guilty and is even given a job by the Junta while out on bail. Of course this is part of Reconciliation. Winning the hearts and minds of the Thai people.

Mango I see you are up early distorting the truth as always.

I don't see anyone here saying YL is guilty until proven innocent. What I see are people stating facts or reports about her actions and saying she will be unable to defend herself because she is guilty.

By the way! The report has nothing to do with YL. It is about hiring an aid to the minister who is facing murder charges. This in itself should be one of the things that P needs to address. Anybody facing such criminal charges should be placed on suspension and removed from their position until such time that they are acquitted.

It is prayuth who is saying that yingluck must prove her innocence.

http://currentbuzz.my/News/A-Prisoner-in-her-Own-Land-Yingluck

"Gen Prayut has urged Yingluck to step forward and prove her claims of innocence in the face of the charge against her of dereliction of duty in the rice-pledging scheme."

Anyone know anything about these 5 persons? Are they all journalists? Not sure how these people are supposed to advise the Justice Minister? What are their capabilities?

I presume they are getting salaries paid to them indirectly by the tax payer so it would be nice to know who they are, why they are needed and what they will be doing?

Interesting that two of those appointed have the same surname. I wonder if they could be family friends of the Justice Minister.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Of course this appointment is not good.. even a junta supporter like me does not like this. ITs crazy and people who are under investigation should not be in these kind of positions. It reminds me of that senator that killed his wife (PTP guy) and could not be prosecuted because the senate was still in session.

These kind of things are a disgrace no matter on what side they happen and this should be sorted out.

What about the PTP member of parliament that got let out on bail every time parliament was sitting , point is the bloody joint is a joke.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Of course this appointment is not good.. even a junta supporter like me does not like this. ITs crazy and people who are under investigation should not be in these kind of positions. It reminds me of that senator that killed his wife (PTP guy) and could not be prosecuted because the senate was still in session.

These kind of things are a disgrace no matter on what side they happen and this should be sorted out.

What about the PTP member of parliament that got let out on bail every time parliament was sitting , point is the bloody joint is a joke.

It is.. no matter what side they are on if they are accused of a serious crime (and the evidence is strong) they should loose their job. Mind you the evidence must be real strong or else you get bogus complaints just to get rid of someone. In this case I doubt its a bogus accusation.

But seriously I can't stand this.. and i don't care on what side it is.

Up until now Gen Paiboon waswinning a lot of kudos for his performance. By agreeing to this appointment, he has blown himself totally out of the water, as he is showing that he doesn't understand the application of justice to ensure a fair and equitable trial. Gen Paiboon has just dishonoured and disrespected the judicial system and ensured justice cannot be guaranteed for the murdered woman. This ranks as the junta's biggest misstep so far.

• Like 2

This is a little crazy even by Thailand's lofty standards. I would seem stupid for anyone out on bail for murder to be employed in a position of adviser to a Govt Ministry, but for the Justice Ministry to do it, just makes it even more odd.

If you were being very cynical you may question whether bringing the head of the Press Association of Southern Thailand into your inner circle is a rather crude attempt at currying favor. I really wonder what the other 4 people do.

In the interests of balance, what about the "Democrat" MP facing a murder charge who was given Abhisits blessing to remain an MP and was subsequently sentenced to death in November 2014 for the murder of a local politician?

• Like 1

YL is guilty until proving innocent by the cries of many TV members. While this guy is innocent until proving guilty and is even given a job by the Junta while out on bail. Of course this is part of Reconciliation. Winning the hearts and minds of the Thai people.

Mango I see you are up early distorting the truth as always.

I don't see anyone here saying YL is guilty until proven innocent. What I see are people stating facts or reports about her actions and saying she will be unable to defend herself because she is guilty.

By the way! The report has nothing to do with YL. It is about hiring an aid to the minister who is facing murder charges. This in itself should be one of the things that P needs to address. Anybody facing such criminal charges should be placed on suspension and removed from their position until such time that they are acquitted.

It is prayuth who is saying that yingluck must prove her innocence.

http://currentbuzz.my/News/A-Prisoner-in-her-Own-Land-Yingluck

"Gen Prayut has urged Yingluck to step forward and prove her claims of innocence in the face of the charge against her of dereliction of duty in the rice-pledging scheme."

the charge against her of dereliction of duty in the rice-pledging scheme

Not attending any meetings as chairperson is dereliction of duty

therefore YL has to prove she wasn't derelict

eg she was busy on overseas shopping trips when every one on the meetings was happening