Extention of visa, why do people go up to 30 days early ?

I have done it 7 years, 30 days early, thinking it was needed as you only get your real visa a month later.

Today the immigration officer told me you can do it starting from 45 days, but you can also go the day before your visa expires !!!

You get 30 days consideration, the day you go apply for it, than after a month, you get your 1 year visa.

You get 30 days consideration, the day you go apply for it, than after a month, you get your 1 year visa

An extension, that is not a visa.

Not all types of applications gets the under consideration stamp, and not in all offices. Also, the duration under consideration can be 14 days.

Edited by paz

@maidee: you should read TV more often biggrin.png

No news at all.

Sure you can go on the last day.

Under consideration is only for extensions based on marriage to a Thai wife.

Extension based on retirement usually same day or pickup next day.

And as terrylh writes: why not go earlier when you have your papers ready,

Not loosing any time.

I ususally go two weeks early, because so I get my 90 day report in sync.

"Only" four visits per year.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

I am retired and have nothing else to do.

I also visit a nice little massage place near immigration.

After 12 months of sitting around the house, I can't wait....

I just learned I can do it 45 days early so next year I will be going 15 days earlier.

• Like 1

the first eligible day that i dont have any thai food or environment related issues is the day i go. you never can know what tomorrow will bring or how you will be disabled from it.

example: currently have reduced mobility due to i think some type of insect bitten my foot. possibly red centipede or something else. seen red centipede around in my current room and many other i have stayed in. i think the come up through the thai drainage system

Edited by koo wallety tourist

Did my last retirement extension 44 days early because had to go anyway to do the 90 day report...

Always do it early, they maybe have some new rule or paperwork my local Immigration wants, no days are lost so why not.

Yes, some people leave everything to the last minute and other people prefer to plan ahead. Generally the latter are better organized and like to get things settled and over with.

Extension of stay, why do some people think they're extending a long expired visa?

Like Ignis I usually try to do my extension to fit in with my 90 day report. This year I misread the dates and, just over two weeks ago suddenly realized I needed to do the 90 day report before I'd received my income letter from the BE. This meant I only had 32 days left on my existing extension so only 32 days before the next report.

I did the extension about five days later but I've now got to do another report within the next two weeks again. Just inconvenient if you're not organized, but at least the dates will fit easily for the next year or two.