New requirements for Extension of Stay - Report

whistling.gif Regarding the length of time required for the "seasoning" of funds.

I may be wrong but I think it is in fact 60 days, not 2 months, that is required for the first (initial approval) extension

Then it is 90 days, not 3 months, for all renewals after that.

They are usually not that picky, but maybe it was just a bad day.

The OP was applying for an extension of stay based upon marriage the police order states the money has to be in the bank for 2 months.

For retirement it is written as 60 days for the first extension and 3 months after that.

----------------------

Thank you for that info. I didn't know there was a difference, but now I do.

Just goes to show you can always learn something new.

All extensions.

Not for 5 years now on a "retirement" extension in Jomtien. Only a copy of the lease.

I own my own condo and a few years ago the officer asked me if I owned or rented. I told her I owned. She didn't ask for any proof and since then I have never been asked anything about where I reside (aside from putting my address on the application) nor for any proof ... including my most recent renewal in December at Jomtien.

For the extension in Chaeng Wattana do i need to provide:
+ A witness
+ Recent kor 2 and kor 3 (mine are dated from 13 march 2013)

Does the following list will be enough (do i need more papers) ?
Application form T.M. 7
• 1 photograph (4x6cm)
• Copy of passport, especially Non-Immigrant visa and TM6 arrival/departure card
• Visa extension fee 1900 THB
• Copy of your marriage certificate (if married in another country, a letter of evidence is required from your embassy as well)
• Copy of Kor Ror 2 (marriage registration or long tabian) from amphoe office, dated not older than 6 months from issue of copy
• Children’s birth certificates (if applicable)
• Copy of spouse’s house registration
• Copy of spouse’s identity card
• Proof of combined income of 40,000THB or over for the previous 3 months (income tax records PDN1. forms, pension documentation, proof of income through investments, work permit, etc.

Does anybody has a good list of required documents in English or/and Thai (the one gave at Chaeng Wattana for exemple)?

Edited by yanga

For the extension in Chaeng Wattana do i need to provide:

+ A witness

+ Recent kor 2 and kor 3 (mine are dated from 13 march 2013)

Does the following list will be enough (do i need more papers) ?

Application form T.M. 7

• 1 photograph (4x6cm)

• Copy of passport, especially Non-Immigrant visa and TM6 arrival/departure card

• Visa extension fee 1900 THB

• Copy of your marriage certificate (if married in another country, a letter of evidence is required from your embassy as well)

• Copy of Kor Ror 2 (marriage registration or long tabian) from amphoe office, dated not older than 6 months from issue of copy

• Children’s birth certificates (if applicable)

• Copy of spouse’s house registration

• Copy of spouse’s identity card

• Proof of combined income of 40,000THB or over for the previous 3 months (income tax records PDN1. forms, pension documentation, proof of income through investments, work permit, etc.

Does anybody has a good list of required documents in English or/and Thai (the one gave at Chaeng Wattana for exemple)?

A witness is not needed.

The Kor Ror 3 is the marriage certificate and cannot be updated. Only the Kor Ror 2 needs to be updated.

If you were married in another country you would need a Kor Ror 22 along with the foreign marriage certificate.

Proof of income if working here requires tax payments and work permit and at some offices an employment certification form signed by your employer. Foreign earned income has to proven by a income letter from your embassy.

A witness is not needed.

The Kor Ror 3 is the marriage certificate and cannot be updated. Only the Kor Ror 2 needs to be updated.

If you were married in another country you would need a Kor Ror 22 along with the foreign marriage certificate.

Proof of income if working here requires tax payments and work permit and at some offices an employment certification form signed by your employer. Foreign earned income has to proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Thank you!

So i need to get a new Kor Ror 2. Our marriage took place at Bang Rak, I heard that we could have this Kor Ror 2 at any Amphur, Can you confirm that ? Do i need my wife to get it ?

For the proof of income i will use the 400.000 baths on my account for more than 60 days, i got a paper for my bank as proof (got it less than 1 week ago) and i will make a copy of my passbook before i go to Chaeng Wattana.

A witness is not needed.

Thank you!

So i need to get a new Kor Ror 2. Our marriage took place at Bang Rak, I heard that we could have this Kor Ror 2 at any Amphur, Can you confirm that ? Do i need my wife to get it ?

For the proof of income i will use the 400.000 baths on my account for more than 60 days, i got a paper for my bank as proof (got it less than 1 week ago) and i will make a copy of my passbook before i go to Chaeng Wattana.

I forgot to mention the photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both next to or under the house number. And the map to your house from the nearest main road or street.

You or your wife can get the updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry at any Amphoe or Khet. It would be easier and quicker for your wife to get it since all she would need is to show her ID card. They print it out for a fee of 20 baht then sign and stamp it.

The letter from your bank is to old already. At CW the want it no older than a day. You can get a new one on the day you go to immigration. There are branches of most banks in the basement of the building at CW. You will also need your bank book updated on the day you to immigration.

You or your wife can get the updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry at any Amphoe or Khet. It would be easier and quicker for your wife to get it since all she would need is to show her ID card. They print it out for a fee of 20 baht then sign and stamp it.

The letter from your bank is to old already. At CW the want it no older than a day. You can get a new one on the day you go to immigration. There are branches of most banks in the basement of the building at CW. You will also need your bank book updated on the day you to immigration.

I m just back from Khet Wattana (located in Thonglor). i culd get 2 copies of the Kor Ror 2 just with my wife ID + my passport (wife doesn't need to be there).

I m just back from Cheang Wattana i confirm that they asked me a copy of the house registration from my owner + a copy of her ID Card + lease agreement.

Thank you to this forum to let me know that!

Cheers!!

Edited by yanga