Buying Furniture

kurgen

Not really an answere to your particular question about good quality, but for others who may be interested in 'regular' wooden furniture, you should definitely look into that area in Lamphun province where there are tons of factories and warehouses selling the stuff.

It's off the Chiang Mai - Lampang Superhighway, just after you pass the last traffic lights (Lamphun proper) where the road bends left towards the hills. Then it's a road/soi on the left.

Real cheap. Some crap around, but also some 'honest' basic heavy wooden furniture that's quite nice.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Hi Chanchao ,

I know you from LP ( i am irishrover ).I bought a lot of furniture from Lampoon (Bang Ma ).I set up a shop in San Sai to sell on the stuff .A lot of the furniture i bought there developed cracks ,and ended up unsaleable.I would only go there again for cheap quality furniture at a cheap price .

Not really an answere to your particular question about good quality, but for others who may be interested in 'regular' wooden furniture, you should definitely look into that area in Lamphun province where there are tons of factories and warehouses selling the stuff.

It's off the Chiang Mai - Lampang Superhighway, just after you pass the last traffic lights (Lamphun proper) where the road bends left towards the hills. Then it's a road/soi on the left.

Real cheap. Some crap around, but also some 'honest' basic heavy wooden furniture that's quite nice.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Hi Chanchao ,

I know you from LP ( i am irishrover ).I bought a lot of furniture from Lampoon (Bang Ma ).I set up a shop in San Sai to sell on the stuff .A lot of the furniture i bought there developed cracks ,and ended up unsaleable.I would only go there again for cheap quality furniture at a cheap price .

Hopefully you are aware that the post you are replying to is more than seven years old, and that the poster was last seen on ThaiVisa in May of 2009?

/ Priceless

There is an international furniture show in Bangkok once or twice e a year at Impact Arena. If you were to contact them they would give you a list of all the Thai companies that exhibit and take orders at the show. From the list will be able to at least go to the individual websites to look at their designs, then contact them for wholesale export prices.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Hi Chanchao ,

Hopefully you are aware that the post you are replying to is more than seven years old, and that the poster was last seen on ThaiVisa in May of 2009?

/ Priceless

Thanks ,i had not noticed .Chanchao still posts now and again on Lonely planet .( last time around a week ago ).

I am also looking to buy furniture for a new house of I have just built in Jontiem and will be using the information posted here,

My question is how easy would it be to get the furniture from chang mai to Jontiem?

Thank you in advance

Have a home in Pattaya as well as Chiang Mai. Got all my funiture up in Ban Tawai. Most speak emglish and can make anything you want. There are hundredsof shops there, All want your business. Included in my deal was shipping to Pattaya as well as having it installed.

I had doors made. windows, 3 kitchens, and all the normal things too - highest quality and a price lower than big retailers partical board crap

Hang Dong without a doubt, if youre exporting to Spain it gives me hope that one day I maybe able to export to the UK, I but cant get my bain round the paperwork involved, any export experts want a job?, I have the money an the advertising in place but what to export and who would I sell it to?

I initially decided to settle on living in CM for just this reason, and until i can make some headway I am at a standstill.

can anyone assit this particular idiot or offer some meaningful advice? :o

If anyone is interested you can PM me regarding exporting items. My G/F is an export and shipping manager for a large company here in the north, she speaks good English.

I'm sure she would be interested in helping, (for a reasonable fee) she has been talking of starting her own import and export business.

You may be able to help each other out! Up to you.

Tonto.

Edited by Tonto21

Ban Tawai, Hang Dong 10kms south of CM has to be the place, literally 100's of places selling everything! Every time I have been there I just see containers leaving the place, they also have onsite shipping agents there who do all the packing and shipping for you. The whole area is geared up for export.

On a similar note, I was getting some boxes made and while I was there the machine making the boxes was knocking out boxes all branded up with 'NEXT' on them (UK retailer), for their Michigan range of bedroom furniture......100's of them and that was just for one item in the range, that must be some export outfit!